Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Bangor, Pennsylvania
    (Northampton County)
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Lehigh Valley Hospital Pocono

    Is concealed carry allowed at Lehigh Valley Hospital Pocono campus?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    On top of a hill, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,233
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: Lehigh Valley Hospital Pocono

    It's been about a year since I have been there but I do not remember there being any signs up and I know my wife had her handgun in her bag since I was the one having the procedure done.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    carbon cty, Pennsylvania
    (Carbon County)
    Posts
    1,746
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Lehigh Valley Hospital Pocono

    .

    I go to Cedar Crest

    I always carry a small backpack and keep it in there never had a problem
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ........... United States v. Cruikshank

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,135
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Lehigh Valley Hospital Pocono

    i thought it was "banned" in all hospitals, like with malls.
    i've concealed in lehigh pocono, the new monroe st luke complex, cedar crest, muellenburg, st luke bethelehem and probably a few others.
    only problem i've ever had was with ekg's and carrying. you can't, messes up results. gotta unstrap and leave it with the rest of the metals on the chair or table.

    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=310302
    still found nothing online or on their website.

    sometimes my conceal isn't so concealed. i usually conceal in crowds like that, simply throwing a jacket over an OC counts.
    "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils. John Stark

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    POCONO MOUNTAINS, PENNSYLVANIA, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Age
    69
    Posts
    3,063
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: Lehigh Valley Hospital Pocono

    I was concealed carrying when admitted for heart attack last year I requested a Police Officer come to take possession of my firearm until I was released 3 days later.Had no issue and no oh and ahs about having it concealed,Later when my wife arrived to hospital she herself was CC and not one word was uttered about what went down when I was seeking emergency help !

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oakland Mills, Pennsylvania
    (Juniata County)
    Posts
    3,323
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Lehigh Valley Hospital Pocono

    Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    i thought it was "banned" in all hospitals, like with malls.
    i've concealed in lehigh pocono, the new monroe st luke complex, cedar crest, muellenburg, st luke bethelehem and probably a few others.
    only problem i've ever had was with ekg's and carrying. you can't, messes up results. gotta unstrap and leave it with the rest of the metals on the chair or table.

    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=310302
    still found nothing online or on their website.

    sometimes my conceal isn't so concealed. i usually conceal in crowds like that, simply throwing a jacket over an OC counts.
    A firearm shouldn't impact an EKG, as it is looked at generated electrical activity between/along the axis created by the to points (1 point for chest leads) of the electrodes.


    Outside of pocket carry however, it would be fairly hard to CC during an EKG.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

    "I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,135
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Lehigh Valley Hospital Pocono

    Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    A firearm shouldn't impact an EKG, as it is looked at generated electrical activity between/along the axis created by the to points (1 point for chest leads) of the electrodes.


    Outside of pocket carry however, it would be fairly hard to CC during an EKG.
    dunno, they kept getting irregular results until i finally got the rest of the metal off me.
    maybe coincidence.
    it struck me as odd too, it isn't a magnetic test.
    "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils. John Stark

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    On top of a hill, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,233
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: Lehigh Valley Hospital Pocono

    Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    dunno, they kept getting irregular results until i finally got the rest of the metal off me.
    maybe coincidence.
    it struck me as odd too, it isn't a magnetic test.
    MRI is a magnetic test but the power of the machine would have most likely disarmed you when they turned it on.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    POCONO MOUNTAINS, PENNSYLVANIA, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Age
    69
    Posts
    3,063
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: Lehigh Valley Hospital Pocono

    In my case it would have interfered while the Doctor was performing the stent procedure,I also knew quite quickly upon getting ER services I would be having EKG,And scheduled for stress test that afternoon and next morning stent !

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    carbon cty, Pennsylvania
    (Carbon County)
    Posts
    1,746
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Lehigh Valley Hospital Pocono

    Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    MRI is a magnetic test but the power of the machine would have most likely disarmed you when they turned it on.
    I wear a medic alert bracelet because I have a pacemaker and it was recommended by my doctor because he said an MRI would suck it right out of my chest
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ........... United States v. Cruikshank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Best FFL in Lehigh Valley
    By 14thASG_Historian in forum Northampton
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: December 4th, 2016, 12:27 PM
  2. Lehigh Valley Hospital-Muhlenberg
    By olderguy in forum Open Carry
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: January 18th, 2015, 09:44 PM
  3. Greetings Lehigh Valley...
    By aubie515 in forum Lehigh
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: May 5th, 2014, 08:04 PM
  4. Hey Lehigh Valley
    By Matt2496 in forum General
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: June 29th, 2007, 12:41 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops