Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Juniata County)

Default old News? But I missed it. Hornady refuses to sell to NY

"The State of New York did one of the most despicable acts ever perpetrated by any state by asking New York banks, financial institutions and insurance companies to stop doing business with the gun and ammo industry. While it may not make a difference to New York, Hornady will not knowingly allow our ammunition to be sold to the Government of the State of NY or any NY agencies. Their actions are a blatant and disgusting abuse of office and we won't be associated with a government that acts like that. They should be ashamed."
    -Steve Hornady, President of Hornady Manufacturing Company

Hornady has a long track record of supporting the shooting and hunting industry through advocacy programs, including legislative action alerts and letters, educational initiatives, and promotions. Hornady works with the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), the National Rifle Association (NRA) and other trade associations to promote, protect and preserve hunting and shooting sports

http://206.214.167.211/editorial/pat...vernment/77745
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Default Re: old News? But I missed it. Hornady refuses to sell to NY

I was really hoping to see something more come out of this abuse of office. The NY government is acting like the mafia - ironic given Cuomo's sensitivity to being compared to the crime syndicates.

But... nothing. I guess I should not be surprised, as there are two harmed (groups of) parties here:

1) The banks, which want nothing to do with the political hot potato of gun control, and

2) The gun/ammunition manufacturers, who long ago gave up on trying to win a fight in NY (and I can't blame them).

(Lehigh County)

Thumbs down Re: old News? But I missed it. Hornady refuses to sell to NY

FUAC

(Chester County)

What about the union employees or etc. sue NY for attempting to destroying a lawful corporation and loss of jobs?

(Lancaster County)

Apparently state governments can legally interfere with interstate commerce, but if that farmer out there grows soybeans for his own use, look out.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Barrett, the 50 cal manufacturer, stopped sales and service to Calif state govt agencies. They were giving false testimony re .50 Cals at govt hearings. That is another example of putting your money where your mouth is