Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Carbon County)

Default Re: Virginia, Interesting twist, sanctuary counties, deputies, now county militias.

I read elsewhere it's up to 70 now

Super Tuesday: Eighteen More 2A Sanctuaries Approved In Virginia

Virginia Governor Ralph Northam may have hoped to take the wind out of the sails of the Second Amendment Sanctuary movement by announcing that his proposed gun ban would come with a “grandfather clause” allowing existing owners of modern sporting rifles to register them with the state, but he was sadly mistaken if he really thought that would be enough to mollify supporters of the right to keep and bear arms.

Instead of sparse crowds, Tuesday’s board of supervisors meetings across the state featured huge crowds and a lot of unanimous votes in cities and counties from the Tidewater to the Appalachian Mountains. Here’s the list of all the communities that passed a Second Amendment Sanctuary resolution on Tuesday, courtesy of the Virginia Citizens Defense League.

Bath County
    Big Stone Gap
    Bluefield
    Caroline County
    Chesapeake
    Cumberland County
    Floyd County
    Greene County
    Henrico County
    James City County
    Martinsville
    Nelson County
    Prince George County
    Prince William County
    Smyth County
    Spotsylvania County
    Strasburg
    Warren County

It’s really encouraging to see the resolution pass in Henrico and Spotsylvania counties, as well as the city of Chesapeake in southern Virginia. The massive turnout in support for the resolution in Prince William County is also worth noting, though the incoming board of supervisors has promised to repeal the resolution in January.

I was in Cumberland County for Tuesday night’s vote, and as you can see in the picture above, the board of supervisors meeting was standing room only, despite being moved from its original location to a much bigger space in the county’s elementary school. There are only about 10,000 residents in Cumberland County, and it felt like half of the county was in attendance, though the number was probably closer to 700.

The VCDL reports more than a thousand attendees for meetings in Spotsylvania, Smyth County, Warren County, Chesapeake, and Prince William County, and I suspect that we’ll see at least a thousand people for Wednesday’s board of supervisors meeting in Chesterfield County, a Richmond suburb that’s home to a lot of Second Amendment supporters.

There are several other board meetings and votes scheduled for Wednesday, including a couple of votes that may not go our way in Loudon County (a northern Virginia D.C. suburb that’s been steadily trending anti-gun for a couple of election cycles) and the city of Hampton in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area.

We also lost a couple of votes on Tuesday night, unfortunately. While Spotsylvania County approved a Second Amendment Sanctuary resolution, the city of Fredericksburg in Spotsylvania rejected a resolution of its own, and in central Virginia, the Lynchburg City Council narrowly rejected the measure in a 4-3 vote, though the city council is bringing the measure back next month with a public hearing scheduled for January 14th.

Even with those few setbacks, the Second Amendment Sanctuary movement continues to amaze me, and it’s absolutely inspiring to attend one of these meetings. In fact, I’ll be attending my eighth board of supervisors meeting this evening in Fluvanna County, which was supposed to vote on a resolution last week, but is holding a special meeting tonight at the county’s largest elementary school so the hundreds of folks expected can actually find a seat, which was impossible last week in the county’s small meeting space reserved for supervisors meetings.

One other vote from Tuesday night is worth noting. Nelson County, Virginia approved its resolution with the support of Rep. Denver Riggleman, the congressman for Virginia’s 5th District (which includes Nelson County). To the best of my knowledge, Rep. Riggleman is the first member of Virginia’s congressional delegation to come out in support of the movement.

“I urge the Board of Supervisors to support this resolution- the Second Amendment is a Constitutional Right for all Americans that should not be infringed,” said Congressman Riggleman. “I stand with all those who are exercising their First Amendment right to free speech on this important issue.”

I’d love to hear Rep. Riggleman say that he doesn’t plan on complying with any gun control laws that infringe on the Second Amendment, but this is a good start and I’m glad to see his statement of support.

We’ll have much more on the explosive growth of the Second Amendment Sanctuary movement this afternoon and evening here on the site, and you can follow me on Twitter for live reports from Fluvanna County on Wednesday evening.
    https://bearingarms.com/came/2019/12...f29c6714619c12
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Default Re: Virginia, Interesting twist, sanctuary counties, deputies, now county militias.

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    Last email/ Facebook post from a VCDL member I received has it at 77 counties.
    I was referring to this quote about PA:

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    When will PA counties wake up and follow Virginia?
    Virginia gun owners are showing up now that they've lost the State. If they had shown up at the polls last month, things may have turned out a little differently. The same thing is going to happen to PA in the next three to four election cycles (maybe sooner) if gun owners don't get off their collective asses and vote.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

Virginia gun owners are showing up now that they've lost the State. If they had shown up at the polls last month, things may have turned out a little differently. The same thing is going to happen to PA in the next three to four election cycles (maybe sooner) if gun owners don't get off their collective asses and vote.
    Agreed although based on the overall reaction I feel like the last VA election was less than honest. Maybe people didn't show up or maybe those votes went by the wayside ... somehow. I don't put anything past Soros and Bloomberg at this point. But again I've got a little conspiracy theorist in me.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    Agreed although based on the overall reaction I feel like the last VA election was less than honest. Maybe people didn't show up or maybe those votes went by the wayside ... somehow. I don't put anything past Soros and Bloomberg at this point. But again I've got a little conspiracy theorist in me.
    The demographics in the Northern VA suburbs has for a very long time been solidly Democrat. However, just like in the Philly burbs, the population has achieved such a critical mass that they now control the entire state. These are all big government Fed employees, Fed Contractors, or people employed to serve the Feds. How do you think they will vote? Their paycheck and its GROWTH depends on bigger and bigger government.

I don't thin it is a conspiracy theory anymore that Globalists like Soros and Bloomberg aren't spending tens or hundreds of millions to influence election nationwide. Have you seen Bloomberg's ads on TV?

(Carbon County)

(Lebanon County)

I'm not arguing with you, in fact I agree, I was just reporting the news from VA, and from what I've been told they're up to 84 Counties, cities and incorporated areas as of this morning. This is the reply when I asked how many were outstanding:
    "The 84 includes counties (95), as well as incorporated cities and towns (38). Still, we're rolling on, and there are another 9 meetings tonight."

(Carbon County)

It's not about "showing up" its how the districts are laid out and the disparity in the number of Representatives that favor the high populated areas

how the commies took over is explained here so you can understand;

(Carbon County)

VA Dems Threaten To Use National Guard Against Sanctuary Counties

We here at Bearing Arms have offered a lot of support for Virginia’s sanctuary counties. While Cam has written extensively on the subject, I’ve also covered it in various posts. We both stand firmly with sanctuary counties. The continued encroachment on our Second Amendment liberties has to end somewhere, somehow, and the sanctuary movement is a dandy way to address it.

However, I also understand that not everyone agrees with me on that front. Most of those are anti-gunners who typically ignore immigration sanctuary cities as if they’re a non-factor, but see this as the most horrible thing in the world.

A lot of those anti-gunners got elected or re-elected to office in the state of Virginia, though. Now, they’re looking to ramp things up against those defiant localities.

Democratic lawmakers on Capitol Hill say local police who do not enforce gun control measures likely to pass in Virginia should face prosecution and even threats of the National Guard.

After November’s Virginia Legislature elections that led to Democrats taking control of both chambers, the gun control legislation proposed by some Democrats moved forward, including universal background checks, an “assault weapons” ban, and a red flag law.

This, of course, led to the sanctuary movement. While some in more urban areas of Virginia support gun control, a lot don’t and they wanted to make damn certain Richmond knows it.

They also don’t want to see further encroachment on their constitutional rights.

Virginia Democratic officials, however, already say local law enforcement supporting these resolutions will face consequences if they do not carry out any law the state Legislature passes.

“I would hope they either resign in good conscience, because they cannot uphold the law which they are sworn to uphold, or they’re prosecuted for failure to fulfill their oath,” Democratic Virginia Rep. Gerry Connolly told the Washington Examiner of local county police who may refuse to enforce future gun control measures. “The law is the law. If that becomes the law, you don’t have a choice, not if you’re a sworn officer of the law.”

Democratic Virginia Rep. Donald McEachin suggested cutting off state funds to counties that do not comply with any gun control measures that pass in Richmond.

“They certainly risk funding, because if the sheriff’s department is not going to enforce the law, they’re going to lose money. The counties’ attorneys offices are not going to have the money to prosecute because their prosecutions are going to go down,” he said.

McEachin also noted that Democratic Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam could call the National Guard, if necessary

Oh, won’t that be fun?

This, of course, introduces a serious escalation. While there’s absolutely no way to actually make an officer enforce the law–believe me, if they don’t want to enforce a given law, they won’t–Virginia Democrats are going to try to do it anyway.

As a result, they’re talking about sending military troops into these counties to enforce their will.

They’ll broach absolutely no dissent from anyone.

Not a single one talking about escalating things against sanctuary counties has uttered so much as the first shred of disagreement with immigration sanctuary counties, they’re ready to send in armed troops into these communities, turning them into occupied territory.

This will not end well, but it will especially not end well for Democrats. I’m quite sure the image of armored personnel carriers rolling down Main Street in Podunk, VA won’t play particularly well with the moderate voters.

This is a road they really don’t want to go down.
    https://bearingarms.com/tomk/2019/12...X29KUmlWjoy4VA

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post

It's not about "showing up" its how the districts are laid out and the disparity in the number of Representatives that favor the high populated areas

how the commies took over is explained here so you can understand;

It's pretty simple - if you want your side to win, you need more votes than the other side. Looking at the turnout numbers, Democrats took formerly Republican districts with only 30-40% of the total population of that district voting. That means 60-70% stayed home. Based on registered voters for each district, what happened in November would not have happened if people showed up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123