Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Virgina Sheriff Vows To Deputize Thousands

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    The arrogant AG says these laws will be passed and followed. The reporter didn't ask him why the immigration laws weren't being followed and what is the difference.
    That would have been a good counter....and great opportunity to watch him squirm his way out of answering the question.
    Last edited by Krichardson; December 8th, 2019 at 04:48 PM.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Yes, EVERYONE of them is corrupt

And there is a conspiracy behind every tree.
    Ah, good ol' hyperbole.

Its a lot like drug addicts, they might not all be shit, but that doesn't mean I'd trust any of them with my credit card info.

(Chester County)

Sheriff Jenkins is our kind of guy. However, his strategy to deputize thousands is likely more PR talk than anything.

From a practical standpoint... they can screen and background check all they want, but some (many) would likely be vigilante types who are not suitable as deputies, (i.e., they’ll cause more problems than they’re worth).

(Allegheny County)

Badges???

We doneed no steen-king BADGES!

That is pronounced "bod-jez."

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    OR

deputizing thousands of gun owners would require those gun owners to come forward, basically gun registration.
    The government already has all the information they need. Did you fill out a Form 4473 at time of purchase? Did you purchase your firearm with a credit card? A little checking here and there and believe me, they will find you - and your guns.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Bucks County)

No guns in this house. Yes, I like guns. I like them vicariously through gun magazine subscriptions. That's as far as it goes. Sirs. You know...like girly mags when you can't connect for real.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    That would have been a good counter....and great opportunity to watch him squirm his way out of answering the question.
    Herring is the AG that unilaterally wiped out all Virginia reciprocity a few years ago with a stroke of a pen. I remember that well because I was impacted by it. Reciprocity was restored in a compromise statute after the Republicans threatened to defund the Governor's security squad and take other action. Democrat Gov. McCauliffe (former Clintonista bag man) was put into an untenable position of having to defend Herring but McCauliffe being of a more practical bent hated it. The result is that VA got strengthened reciprocity in return for an improvement to a domestic violence bill that the Dems wanted. Virginians know this and remember. They are not over reacting with their Sanctuary resolutions because this arrogant AG has hit them all hard before. Northam is a weak and spineless tool of the left. McCauliffe was a tool, but not a spineless one.

There are no brakes on Herring now. Herring is just the sort of leftist zealot to bring on a conflagration. So, the threat to deputize citizens is is not idle. One of the proposed bills makes it a felony to train with a firearm for the purpose of using it in a civil disturbance (whatever that is). Basically, if you train with a firearm or train someone with a firearm and the government can attach a political motive to it, you are a felon. The bill is designed to make use of the the Second Amendment for its intended purpose a crime in and of itself. King George would have been proud. So Tazewell County just responded with a resolution allowing the creation of a County militia. The purpose of these actions is to give citizens a legal basis to resist what it coming. Of course the State will oppose, but without the legal framework to resist, resistors are labeled as terrorists. Resistance without a political framework does not work. Our Founders new that.

What VA is doing we should be doing too, or something very much like it.

(Bucks County)

If that POS who recently announced starts looking like a winner, we just may do that.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Carbon County)

Northam said they will grandfather current owners but you will have to register them
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast