Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Erie County)

Default Re: We Must Eliminate Gun Free Zones

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    After the two military base shootings and one locally in a movie theater, I felt the need to write my very pro-2A Congressman Scott Perry to get in the President's ear about making our military bases safe. I encourage everyone to do the same.

Email and call the White House too at
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/
    (202)456-1111

I'll send to the WH as well.

My letter:

Good afternoon Congressman Perry.

I write to you often about 2A issues and this week's events both locally and nationally have prompted me to reach out to you for some action in trying to combat the violence we are seeing.

As as both know, no new gun control laws will do anything to impact mass shootings and murders. Criminals will never follow laws, which is common sense. New restrictions on the 2nd Amendment will only cause citizens to be less secure and safe in their homes and communities as they will follow the laws, but the criminals will not.

One of the most dangerous gun laws is the implementation of gun free zones to prohibit law-abiding citizens from protecting and defending themselves, making them soft targets and attractive to those who do wish to kill.

This week, we've seen attacks in the gun free zones of Pearl Harbor Base and the Naval Air Station Pensacola shooting. Also this week in your District and my hometown, we had an pair of young men, too young to legally possess a handgun walk unchecked into a York, PA movie theater and opened fire in a dark theater. My daughter was at that theater with her grandparents earlier that afternoon. She's typically protected by me where ever she goes, where I can do so legally. This is where we need to examine the sense of having gun free zones that clearly have no positive effect. They are meaningless to those who harm and dangerous to those who abide by these laws and corporate requests.

The two military base shootings are a good place to start in trying to combat this evil. If there is any place where I'd trust the inhabitants of it with firearms for their own protection, it would be on a military base. It is absolutely disgraceful that our Government restricts the rights of our soldiers to carry firearms on base to protect themselves and secure the base from outside threats. We've had many attacks on military bases and in recent years, they've become more popular targets for the deranged, mentally-ill mass shooters. Aside from the two this week, we've had shootings at the Chattanooga Recruitment Center and Little Rock Air Force Base in 2015, Fort Hood in 2014, an attempted boarding of the USS Mahan in Norfolk to shoot it up, the Washington Navy Yard, Fort Knox, Quantico, a base in San Antonio in 2013, Forts Bragg, Carson and Campbell in 2012, Fort Hood, Fort Drum and the Pentagon in 2011 and in 2009 we had a pair of Islamic terrorist attacks on our military in Fort Hood and the Little Rock Recruiting Center.

How many times are we going to watch our military heroes get gunned down in their own bases, unable to save themselves due to frankly asinine gun control laws and policies? The same applies to our public schools. Why can't we have trained and vetted school employees with the ability to defend out children when we the parents cannot be there to do it? There's a reason that military bases, schools, movie theaters and other gun free zones are almost the only places we see mass shootings...because restrictive gun laws make it easy for mass shooters to succeed in these places.

I strongly urge you to get President Trump's attention in this urgent matter. We need to fix this now. Do not let the gun control party in our Congress use these events to push MORE gun control on law-abiding citizens while doing nothing to fix this for our military. Please ask the President and your fellow members in Congress to protect our military! If it can only be done by Executive Order because half of our Congress refuses to do actual work for the people, so be it. it just needs to be done and the President needs to be pushed to get it done. I know he loves and supports our military, as do you.

You cannot change corporate policies of places like movie theaters and shopping malls, so all I can do is just choose to avoid taking my family into gun free zones when possible. It's their property and they have private property rights. However, when it comes to military bases and even our public schools, you as a representative of the Government can help create the laws to make sure those who are there can be protected.

I thank you for your strong and constant support of the 2nd Amendment, and this week's events should encourage all of us who support the 2A to take action not only to save it, but to STRENGTHEN it!

God Bless.
    <my name/location>
    Good letter, but do you really not carry in a theater?

(Dauphin County)

Concealed is concealed, I carry in places like theaters, Walmart, Giant and even malls. If I'm out of my house I'm armed. The worst they can do if I'm discovered to be carrying is ask me to leave. I refuse to become a victim cowering, because I can't shoot back.
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    Good letter, but do you really not carry in a theater?
    You're asked not to.

You'd be foolish not to though.

I just do not go to theaters anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by spandexlurch View Post
    Concealed is concealed, I carry in places like theaters, Walmart, Giant and even malls. If I'm out of my house I'm armed. The worst they can do if I'm discovered to be carrying is ask me to leave. I refuse to become a victim cowering, because I can't shoot back.

Exactly.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12