My buddy arrived at my house 0700 and we got our gear together. The plan was to walk out to where my treestands are and set up. I had to go back into the house to get some zip ties, and he went ahead. We had to cross 3 fences to get to the stands, and when I came out of the house I saw him taking aim at a bunch of does from the second fence. He fired, and they scattered. The one he hit ran to a corner of the pasture and disappeared behind some brush. I got to where he shot from, and we saw "his" deer come out of the brush. He shot again, and it ran back across the pasture in front of us and went down. We walked up to the corner and behind the brush was another dead doe with a clean shot to the vitals. He tagged both of them and we went to the stands for a while, but didn't see anything close enough to shoot.

Both does looked big and healthy. While we were gutting one of them, a group of about 5 does came and stood within 40 yards of us. We had already put the guns away. It's like they're trying to break into our freezers.