Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Yesterday's Hunt

My buddy arrived at my house 0700 and we got our gear together. The plan was to walk out to where my treestands are and set up. I had to go back into the house to get some zip ties, and he went ahead. We had to cross 3 fences to get to the stands, and when I came out of the house I saw him taking aim at a bunch of does from the second fence. He fired, and they scattered. The one he hit ran to a corner of the pasture and disappeared behind some brush. I got to where he shot from, and we saw "his" deer come out of the brush. He shot again, and it ran back across the pasture in front of us and went down. We walked up to the corner and behind the brush was another dead doe with a clean shot to the vitals. He tagged both of them and we went to the stands for a while, but didn't see anything close enough to shoot.

Both does looked big and healthy. While we were gutting one of them, a group of about 5 does came and stood within 40 yards of us. We had already put the guns away. It's like they're trying to break into our freezers.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

Default Re: Yesterday's Hunt

Just a question if you don't mind.He shot at a doe and it ran to the bushes ?The another doe exited bushes he shot again ? When any deer is taken it is by rules of PGC to immediately tag the doe or buck before takeing another ! Unless I am missing something please explain .Thank you /MDT

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Just a question if you don't mind.He shot at a doe and it ran to the bushes ?The another doe exited bushes he shot again ? When any deer is taken it is by rules of PGC to immediately tag the doe or buck before takeing another ! Unless I am missing something please explain .Thank you /MDT
    Chester County is Special regs and is allowed to shoot multiple without tagging the first

(Montgomery County)

Also, it reads that the hunter assumed it was the same deer coming out from around where it had entered, and attempted to shoot the same deer, a second time. Ended up being a second deer altogether.

Thank you for this info,I was not sure of the special regs.In NY years ago they would have crucified me for doing the same.Now all we need is Sunday hunting permitted throughout deer seasons.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Also, it reads that the hunter assumed it was the same deer coming out from around where it had entered, and attempted to shoot the same deer, a second time. Ended up being a second deer altogether.
    Correct, this is what he thought was happening.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Monroe County)

Shoot first tag later , more or less sounds like he took them almost at the same time.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Carbon County)

Good lesson-always look, even if you think you missed. About 10 years ago I was hunting up high in WV the first day. Somebody pushed two deer towards me and did a hurry up shot. I lost it in the recoil and then saw it high tailing it up through the rocks and brush. I tried to pick it up and missed. I could see it had slowed to a walk and was sneaking around through the brush. I could not get a clear shot and let it go. I sat down and poured a cup of coffee and lit a cigarette. I was sitting there a while and started thinking about what happened to the other deer. I got up and climbed up the hill and there was a nice 8 point laying dead behind some logs. When I left I was going to go down hill and would have never known that buck was laying there. I shot a doe in the snow and had no blood trail. I followed it because it split off from the others. I found it where it fell in a hole where a tree went down. ALWAYS check after a shot.