Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default More fake (gun) news. Who actually believes this?

Just got this in my email. The amount of group think surrounding this gun and the hype/ payoffs are getting a little absurd. A used g26 is half the price, Nevermind the fact the Cz rami is beautiful. When you’re late to the party just admit it.

Discuss.
    Last edited by Zet70; November 25th, 2019 at 07:38 AM.
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

Default Re: More fake (gun) news. Who actually believes this sh!t?

Yup its all over you tube and late to the party. Why all the hype? Who knows, it doesn't appear to be anything special to me. Looks just like another black gun.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Montgomery County)

I don't have a problem with competition in a segment.

This is marketed as more concealable (slimmer) than a G26, but with the same capacity, like the Sig P365 is.

There's also a 3rd party company that's making a double stack mag to fit inside a Glock 43x/48, which if I remember correctly would make the 48 the new 19, just slimmer.

I'm interested in micro nines with high capacity but I don't need one at the moment, just going to wait and see what wins long term.

If the Glock double stack in a single stack frame mag turns out to be reliable as the factory Glock stuff, I'd probably go that way. It's an all metal design, so without the double layer that Glock always uses (and nobody else does), it allows the inside of the mag to be wider. I forget which company is actually making them, but it's one of the ones that does OEM mags for other manufacturers, and not just some random "gee we can fold metal too" place.

I'm sure your search engine of choice will find you more.

TL/DR: Competition is fine. Overhyping of new guns in articles is nothing new, ignore as any other dumb ad.

(Montgomery County)

Ill happily keep my p365.

Does anyone out there seriously even want a bladed trigger?

They make guns feel so damn cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    Just got this in my email. The amount of group think surrounding this gun and the hype/ payoffs are getting a little absurd. A used g26 is half the price, Nevermind the fact the Cz rami is beautiful. When you’re late to the party just admit it.

Discuss.
    Just like the "write up's" in American Handgunner, American Rifleman, or a tv segment on Guns & Ammo TV this is nothing more then a paid advertisement made to look like a review of the firearm. It's blatantly obvious and the reason why print gun rag's no longer do well and Youtube reviews by regular people become so popular so fast.

The funny thing is this pistol appears be be pretty good when reviewed by the reputable people who have no problem with shitting on something when it sucks, but all that will cancel it out since Springfield is more focused on buying it's accolades rather then letting it earn it's spot.

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    I don't have a problem with competition in a segment.

This is marketed as more concealable (slimmer) than a G26, but with the same capacity, like the Sig P365 is.

There's also a 3rd party company that's making a double stack mag to fit inside a Glock 43x/48, which if I remember correctly would make the 48 the new 19, just slimmer.

I'm interested in micro nines with high capacity but I don't need one at the moment, just going to wait and see what wins long term.

If the Glock double stack in a single stack frame mag turns out to be reliable as the factory Glock stuff, I'd probably go that way. It's an all metal design, so without the double layer that Glock always uses (and nobody else does), it allows the inside of the mag to be wider. I forget which company is actually making them, but it's one of the ones that does OEM mags for other manufacturers, and not just some random "gee we can fold metal too" place.

I'm sure your search engine of choice will find you more.

TL/DR: Competition is fine. Overhyping of new guns in articles is nothing new, ignore as any other dumb ad.
    It appears they will be made by Checkmate industries which makes M1A and 1911 mags under their own label and I believe for some manufactures as well. It will be interesting to see where it goes and how well it runs which wont take long to find out once some of the Youtube guy's get their mitts on one. While I have had good luck with CMI M1A mags in the past I would feel a lot more optimistic if it were being made by Mec-Gar and happier if they weren't going to sell for $39.99 ea.

https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag

Just far enough from Philly, Pennsylvania

Shield arms is the company making the double stack mags for the 43x & 48.

Quote Originally Posted by Highnoone View Post
    Shield arms is the company making the double stack mags for the 43x & 48.
    They are having it made by CMI and will be the sole distributor.

(Washington County)

Default Re: More fake (gun) news. Who actually believes this?

Based on what the podcast people are saying, Springfield has sent a free Hellcat to any content creator with a decent social media following to create artificial marketing hype via low cost advertising.

Default Re: More fake (gun) news. Who actually believes this?

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Based on what the podcast people are saying, Springfield has sent a free Hellcat to any content creator with a decent social media following to create artificial marketing hype via low cost advertising.
    Yup the reviews I saw mentioned that it was a free test gun and they were contacted by Springfield.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast