Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Saturday hunt opening day?

People will complain about hitting the lottery. The only thing that was stupid about opening day on Saturday is that's you can't hunt Sunday. Sounds like they already addressed that problem for next year. Maybe to appease all of you whiners they could open rifle season a week early. I hope all of you quit hunting. I will be murdering the shit out of giant bucks.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(York County)

Not to much went on here Saturday, maybe three shots in the entire valley. Monday some idiot shot this nice guy and was too lazy/inexperienced to track it. We found him cold and stiff in our hay field Tuesday afternoon, bullet grazed the belly, entered the inside of his opposite thigh, and exited the lower ass cheek. Bad angle, bad shot. I really wish some hunters would put a little more time in at the range and not be so lazy; walk the half mile and follow the blood trail...

4A84CB22-12C4-4554-98BB-6DE25EDCB04C.jpg

Edit to be clear for the game commission: yes, no tag, no, I didn’t shoot it, and yes, it was left for coyotes.
    Last edited by Jhaydeno; December 5th, 2019 at 08:15 AM.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    People will complain about hitting the lottery. The only thing that was stupid about opening day on Saturday is that's you can't hunt Sunday. Sounds like they already addressed that problem for next year. Maybe to appease all of you whiners they could open rifle season a week early. I hope all of you quit hunting. I will be murdering the shit out of giant bucks.
    My apologies. I wasn't aware the only person entitled to an opinion is you. I will endeavor to toe the line in the future Komrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Not to much went on here Saturday, maybe three shots in the entire valley. Monday some idiot shot this nice guy and was too lazy/inexperienced to track it. We found him cold and stiff in our hay field Tuesday afternoon, bullet grazed the belly, entered the inside of his opposite thigh, and exited the lower ass cheek. Bad angle, bad shot. I really wish some hunters would put a little more time in at the range and not be so lazy; walk the half mile and follow the blood trail...

4A84CB22-12C4-4554-98BB-6DE25EDCB04C.jpg

Edit to be clear for the game commission: yes, no tag, no, I didn’t shoot it, and yes, it was left for coyotes.
    That's quite upsetting to see.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    That's quite upsetting to see.
    Yes it is, and I wasn't happy. I spoke with two of the three landowner/hunters around me yesterday and neither had taken a shot. I highly doubt it was number three either, more likely someone further out or someone sneaking in. A waste none the less.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by MD66948 View Post
    I think the Game Commission made a Huge mistake.

1. I had to cut my Thanksgiving Family time short to load up my son's truck so we could leave at 4AM Friday morning to go to Philipsburg. They screwed up my Thanksgiving.

They did not screw up your Thanksgiving. From the sound of things you suck at time management

2. Got to camp and worked hard to get everything open for what I thought would be 19 hunters. Also had to do some food shopping.

That sounds like the same thing that everyone else had to do when the arrived at their camp except, that a smart person would VERIFY the number of guests that they expected

3. My son and I along with others from camp went out late Friday to find a place to hunt on Sandy Ridge Trail in D4.

And your point is? Were you expecting the deer to come to you?

4. Only 2 Camp owners out of 5 could show up to hunt.

And the PCG caused this how?
    2 retired owners showed up to hunt.

That is the nice thing about being retired .Extra free time to hunt when ever you choose

4 paying guest showed up to hunt. 11 paying guest did not show up to hunt nor did they buy hunting lic. Again, how is this the PGC;s fault ?
    They worked in Retail or jobs that supported retail and the could not get off on Black Friday or Saturday. They did not want to come up and spend a few hundred dollars to hunt second and third day of buck.

Their choice to work in jobs that require them to be at work on opening day is NO ONE's fault but their own! it is also their decision to not hunt on the second or third day of the season. No one stopped them from going out to hunt.

The state lost 11 adult hunting lic. sales. And again not the PGC's fault that some one made the decision not to buy a licsence

Our Camp lost at least $1,500.
    That is part of doing business. It is always a gamble to try and turn a profit unless you a business to do your due diligence and VERIFY that you actually have clients booked for the event. You did not

5. On Saturday there were about half of the normal hunters in the woods then we would usually see on an Monday Opening Day of Buck. Very few shots were heard and we only saw one very small buck taken out of Sandy Ridge Trail. Not enough Hunters in the woods to move deer around.

So what?
    6. Monday there were even less hunters in the woods. with less the 1/2 dozen shots heard.
    Maybe you start a Facebook page and blame all of the hunters that did not go out on Monday, after all YOU expected them to be out in the woods their obligations be damned

7. Tuesday one of our hunters saw one other hunter. All other hunters from our camp didn't a single hunter. No shots were heard.
    And your point is? how is this the fault of the PGC?

Thank You Pa Game Commission for F@#king Up my Thanksgiving and our 2019 Hunting season. Also we are short now on camp funds and most likely the 5 owners and 3 retired owners will have to pony up several hundred dollars each to keep our camp running. What a bunch of A-Holes they are!!!!
    It sounds like you like to blame others for your poor business decisions, If the 8 owners of the camp are to lazy to properly verify reservations for the camp well in advance of the season you have no one to blame but YOUR SELVES for the vacancies. That is one of the penalties for not staying on top of your of business. But I guess that is the PGC's fault also.
    Last edited by chp1911; December 5th, 2019 at 09:32 AM.
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

Its called TRADITION, some just dont get it. After 25 years of TRADITION, a monkey wrench is thrown into the mix.
    If the tables were turned, how would you feel? See how that works?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Its called TRADITION, some just dont get it. After 25 years of TRADITION, a monkey wrench is thrown into the mix.
    Agreed....and for me, it's 44 years of TRADITION. If others like the new system, I'm happy for them. It doesn't mean I personally have to like it. Yes, I know that makes me the dreaded..............FUDD. For those who argue, I could just forego hunting Saturday, thats true, but if you read my initial post, I said I traditionally spend the Saturday before the Monday opener hunting the last day of small game and scouting. Small Game now closes on Friday and I'm certainly not going to be scouting on opening day and disturbing other hunters.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Just like when they changed to antler requirement. That went against TRADITION and a lot of folks raised a stink but now we have more deer with larger racks BECAUSE the TRADITION of being able to harvest every buck in the woods no matter what size the antlers was changed.
    There has been a declining number of people going into the woods to hunt for several years. When the number of hunters goes down the amount of monies to manage the game in Pa. also goes down. Adding the Saturday hunt may OR may not be a wise choice and it does go against TRADITION but it also just might be a change for the better. only time will tell.
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by heatheroo View Post
    Agreed....and for me, it's 44 years of TRADITION. If others like the new system, I'm happy for them. It doesn't mean I personally have to like it. Yes, I know that makes me the dreaded..............FUDD. For those who argue, I could just forego hunting Saturday, thats true, but if you read my initial post, I said I traditionally spend the Saturday before the Monday opener hunting the last day of small game and scouting. Small Game now closes on Friday and I'm certainly not going to be scouting on opening day and disturbing other hunters.
    The PGC is not forcing anyone to change THEIR TRADITIONS The deer have no fucking clue what day it is Saturday, Sunday or Monday.

The PGC mandated I have to sell my 8 track collection and scrap all my timing lights and carburetors to hunt on saturday

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast