Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default it's official: gun owners are idiots. ATF cancels expedited program.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/e...ked-nfa-items/

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) has scrapped a controversial pilot program that expedited applications to purchase items restricted under the National Firearms Act (NFA), including suppressors and short-barreled rifles.

The ATF cut the program, according to Williams, because “they were getting a lot of negative feedback from folks who had been in the queue for a year or more.”
    I have two applications in that both missed the expedited system (late May & early June) so while I was a little miffed that new applications were getting turned around in 60-90 days, I would never dream of complaining to the ATF since mine will eventually be approved and the next ones would hopefully be a lot quicker. Hell, I was thinking of buying another NFA item since wait times dropped so much. But a bunch of dipshits complained. Did they think the response would be to push everyone's through faster? Because that's how government works, right? Now everyone is back to a 10-12 month wait.

Default Re: it's official: gun owners are idiots. ATF cancels expedited program.

How about they expedite our rights by just giving them back.

(Washington County)

Default Re: it's official: gun owners are idiots. ATF cancels expedited program.

Blame ATF for the stupidity. Its not surprising that people complained but only an idiot or an asshole would respond by increasing wait times for everyone.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    Blame ATF for the stupidity. Its not surprising that people complained but only an idiot or an asshole would respond by increasing wait times for everyone.

Who would expect a Federal bureaucracy to respond any other way? Did anyone actually think "hey, if I hassle these anonymous bureaucrats, they'll work extra hard to take care of me"?

(Chester County)

So people who paid $200 and waited a year only to see others get their stamps back in 4 months are idiots? They had every right to be pissed. I was at 10 months when others were bragging about getting theirs back quickly and I can say it didn’t feel good. I didn’t call and complain but I don’t fault others who did. Your use of profanity towards tax paying, 2a supporters is disappointing.

People who write to the ATF are idiots. Their responses most often screw everyone. But only a bureaucrat would start with the newest applications and fast track them while letting the old ones pile up.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    Who would expect a Federal bureaucracy to respond any other way? Did anyone actually think "hey, if I hassle these anonymous bureaucrats, they'll work extra hard to take care of me"?
    Normal and customary "Deep State" response...
    - bamboomaster

(Lancaster County)

My question any time these items comes up is, why should it take even a month to get approval, let alone 4 months to a year or more. Especially for people that have already had one approved.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

Misery just loves company, eh. I have no dog in that hunt but I wouldn't have been pissed at others' good fortune, maybe a little jealous but when there's a line drawn after which things will be better that's the way the cookie crumbles. There's no reason to force rain on another's parade just 'cause it's raining on yours, that's juvenile. OTH for the ATF to listen to the crybabies is bullshit too, they don't listen to us any other time.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

For anyone that needs to know

EFILE FORM 1S are still being reported as coming back in as little as 2-6 weeks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast