Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: it's official: gun owners are idiots. ATF cancels expedited program.

Well you have to look at the bottom line on this expedite program. aTf was claiming that bulk of the backlog was from the fBI end because of transfers that contained errors. So they picked through the piles for transfers that were error free and they went through the system in three months or less. And they showed that they can go through in under four months as long as they are error free.

Now, I managed to get seven stamps through in three months (door to door) or less. It pays to make sure that your Forms are correct...

4 Form 4s (2 MGs, 2 cans) sent in early July, approved Sept 21 and received first week of Oct.
    2 Form 4s (1 MG, 1 can) sent in early Sept, approved Nov 20, received late Nov.
    1 Form 1 (SBR) sent in early Sept, received early Nov.

(Clearfield County)

Default Re: it's official: gun owners are idiots. ATF cancels expedited program.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlyers13 View Post
    So people who paid $200 and waited a year only to see others get their stamps back in 4 months are idiots? They had every right to be pissed. I was at 10 months when others were bragging about getting theirs back quickly and I can say it didn’t feel good. I didn’t call and complain but I don’t fault others who did. Your use of profanity towards tax paying, 2a supporters is disappointing.
    Not idiots, assholes. Other people getting their stamps faster in no way makes your stamp take longer. Also incredibly short sighted. You don't suppose maybe next time it will be you getting the stamp in 4 months?

(Chester County)

So are you telling me that if you went to a restaurant and put your name on the wait list, and then a bunch of people who came in after you were continuously seated before you, you wouldn’t be upset? I didn’t think so. The ATF screwed this up plain and simple. And the majority of people waiting aren’t waiting because of paperwork errors on their own forms either. That’s a load of garbage.

ATF has finite resources. If they divert some resources to expediting new applications, then there are fewer resources for older applications.

This seems inarguable to me.

That being said, I wouldn't complain to ATF about it. Further, given ATF's track record for candor at the higher levels, I wouldn't assume that their stated reason was true. These are the folks who staged a SWAT raid at the Branch Davidian compound purely so they could use it for budgeting arguments to Congress, lied to the Pentagon about a non-existent "meth lab" to get military training for the raid, filmed the raid with multiple cameras, then "lost" 100% of the video as well as the bullet-riddled front doors that would have shown whether ATF shot first.

They had the crime scene bulldozed "for the safety of the public" that was being held back a mile away. Nobody bulldozes a crime scene, except the Mafia, or the Feds, and for the same reasons.

At the lower levels, I've had very good experiences with ATF personnel, who have been mostly capable and honest and motivated to be helpful. But at the top, they're politicians, and politicians lie.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Clearfield County)

So are you telling me that if you went to a restaurant and put your name on the wait list, and then a bunch of people who came in after you were continuously seated before you, you wouldn’t be upset? I didn’t think so. The ATF screwed this up plain and simple. And the majority of people waiting aren’t waiting because of paperwork errors on their own forms either. That’s a load of garbage.
    Bad analogy. The people waiting 10 months are waiting 10 months due to issues with the process. Not the same as them seating people ahead of you. Your analogy is more similar to being mad because the restaurant next door is seating people while you have to wait in line at the first place.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    ATF has finite resources. If they divert some resources to expediting new applications, then there are fewer resources for older applications.

This seems inarguable to me.

That being said, I wouldn't complain to ATF about it. Further, given ATF's track record for candor at the higher levels, I wouldn't assume that their stated reason was true. These are the folks who staged a SWAT raid at the Branch Davidian compound purely so they could use it for budgeting arguments to Congress, lied to the Pentagon about a non-existent "meth lab" to get military training for the raid, filmed the raid with multiple cameras, then "lost" 100% of the video as well as the bullet-riddled front doors that would have shown whether ATF shot first.

They had the crime scene bulldozed "for the safety of the public" that was being held back a mile away. Nobody bulldozes a crime scene, except the Mafia, or the Feds, and for the same reasons.

At the lower levels, I've had very good experiences with ATF personnel, who have been mostly capable and honest and motivated to be helpful. But at the top, they're politicians, and politicians lie.
    Depends on what they can do with those finite resources. If they have a stack of forms they need to wait to work on for whatever reason them doing other forms in the meantime isn't whats stopping them from working on that stack

(Berks County)

While I waited 2 years for Remington to fix my R51 they introduced the rm380 and the rp9. I was pissed. If I saw new new stamps getting through at 3 months while I was at 10 months I'd be pissed.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Allegheny County)

So people who paid $200 and waited a year only to see others get their stamps back in 4 months are idiots? They had every right to be pissed. I was at 10 months when others were bragging about getting theirs back quickly and I can say it didn’t feel good. I didn’t call and complain but I don’t fault others who did. Your use of profanity towards tax paying, 2a supporters is disappointing.

I'm waiting on two stamps and am at 6 and 7 months respectively. I resigned myself to a 12 month wait when I made the purchases, so 10 months would be a win. Someone else getting a stamp back in 3 months affects me not even a little. Anyone responsible enough to own a gun should be able to put on big boy pants and understand that 1) life isn't fair, 2) bureaucrats don't care, and 3) what happens to me shouldn't matter to you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12