Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: H&K SP5 (MP5 is back).

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    so if you have a properly owned sear, is there a legal standing saying you can make the receiver take the sear?
    The sear isn't the issue, it'll drop into any trigger pack. It's having a BCG that will work with the sear.

IANAL, but you must be very careful what you do with the receiver. I believe it is allowable to weld on a full sized shelf, then remove the BCG block. If you do not weld on the full sized shelf, you will have created a new illegal machine gun, granting you 10 years in prison and/or a $10000 fine.

(Columbia County)

i bought the PTR version about a year ago. I had problems with the SB Brace. The brace was putting a tight squeeze on the back of the lower receiver causing the bolt group to hang up. It has been corrected and I believe the SB Brace manufacturer made changes to their brace for that gun due to others having the same problem.
    I should also mention the PTR version is a lot cheaper.

I do own the H&K sp5K. It appears to be better made but it has no threaded or three lug barrel and no paddle mag release. I was able to buy an aftermarket paddle mag release kit and install it. However, there is a thread at the H&K forum that says the new SP5K has a block preventing the installation of the paddle mag release. There was no explanation as to why H&K did this.

My point is H&K may make a better product but their civilian changes they made to their guns is getting ridiculous.

(Wyoming County)

FWIW I once heard Palmetto State Arnory has one in the works too. Me personally I'd be fine with a replica. Same as Justin, I prefer my Scorpion and MPX both of which have more modern features like LRHO & flared magwells

HA, shots fired on another forum.

"It's like a CZ Evo but with no bolt hold open, worse ergonomics, and a heavier trigger. All for almost three times the price."
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    HA, shots fired on another forum.

"It's like a CZ Evo but with no bolt hold open, worse ergonomics, and a heavier trigger. All for almost three times the price."
    The H&K MP5 and its variants , the UZI , and the Thompson Sub Machine guns are all classics. They earned their place in firearm's history. There were improvements made in subguns and their semi auto only versions such as the CZ EVO and MPX but there not as famous. The CZ EVO looks like a mattel toy and SIG rifles and carbines always seems to be in the state of transition.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    The H&K MP5 and its variants , the UZI , and the Thompson Sub Machine guns are all classics. They earned their place in firearm's history. The were improvements made in subguns and their semi auto only versions such as the CZ EVO and MPX but there not as famous. The CZ EVO looks like a mattel toy and SIG rifles and carbines always seems to be in the state of transition.
    The SP5 has a chance of going up in value as well. The CZ and MPX never will.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Philadelphia County)

Neat.

(Chester County)

F hk

(Perry County)

As a former owner of the Zenith, I have to say the experience was disappointing. MP5 is a grail gun for me. A semi version was just a big, heavy Beretta 92 or Sig 226 without that switch. It looked good but not worth it. I built a nice AR 9mm for about 25% of the price, I'm happier with it. If I had been born about 5 years earlier, I would have had a few full-auto toys. Unfortunately, just as I hit drinking age, the Hughes amendment crushed my dreams.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    As a former owner of the Zenith, I have to say the experience was disappointing. MP5 is a grail gun for me. A semi version was just a big, heavy Beretta 92 or Sig 226 without that switch. It looked good but not worth it. I built a nice AR 9mm for about 25% of the price, I'm happier with it. If I had been born about 5 years earlier, I would have had a few full-auto toys. Unfortunately, just as I hit drinking age, the Hughes amendment crushed my dreams.
    Zenith did make good TVs .

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast