Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: Big news from Glock Dec 10th?

Producing an obsolescent platform doesn’t seem like innovation in firearms technology to me.

I guess there’s no way to go forward from here.

In the end if this is what it really is I’m sure the haters will continue to hate, the fan boys will continue to lust and they will sell out within minutes of being put up for sale online and in store like everything else Glock.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Producing an obsolescent platform doesn’t seem like innovation in firearms technology to me.

I guess there’s no way to go forward from here.

In the end if this is what it really is I’m sure the haters will continue to hate, the fan boys will continue to lust and they will sell out within minutes of being put up for sale online and in store like everything else Glock.
    I would not call 1911s an obsolescent platform. Perhaps not modern, but still functional and it has it's place in the scheme of things. Now, break top revolvers, I could go with obsolescent on. As to Glock's announcement, the hot part of the market is P365 class guns, but a 22 rimfire Glock would also grab a good bit of market share also. We will find out in about five days when the early leaks start.
    Last edited by gghbi; December 10th, 2019 at 12:01 PM. Reason: added bolding
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    I would not call 1911s an obsolescent platform. Perhaps not modern, but still functional and it has it's place in the scheme of things. Now, break top revolvers, I could go with obsolescent on. As to Glock's announcement, the hot part of the market is P365 class guns, but a 22 rimfire Glock would also grab a good bit of market share also. We will find out in about five days when the early leaks start.
    I didn’t say obsolete I said obsolescent, and the minute JMB came up with the design for the HI Power the 1911 moved into to that category.

I can’t think of one thing any of my 1911’s can do because of their design that any modern service pistol cannot do better.

I love guns in general including 1911’s, M1 Garands, SKS’s, M14’s and a whole other mess of firearms that are all obsolescent. Do they still have value to me or in some situations including SD well sure, are they the best choice out there for serious situations like SD or battle? I believe that’s already been answered by modernized militaries around the world

People like what they like and will continue to buy and carry them but it’s out of pure love for the platform often based on bias, just like Glock over S&W or HK above all else.

Hell I’ve seen plenty of threads on here about people carrying single action cowboy style revolvers too, sure you can but it’s at a clear disadvantage they just choose not to see it.
    Last edited by Hodgie; December 3rd, 2019 at 03:19 PM.

(Montgomery County)

i want the rotating barrel glock pistol just so that I can put the slide on a polymer 80 lower.

What we will get is t he return of finger grooves. "Legendary"
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Carbon County)

TFB Exclusive: GLOCK 44 .22LR – Rimfire Perfection

Tags: .22, .22lr, glock, Glock 44, Glock G44

TFB Exclusive: GLOCK 44 .22LR - Rimfire Perfection

Rimfire is life – a recurring mantra on The Firearm Blog. And when an apex predator firearms manufacturer with a deep portfolio of world class defensive pistols changes course to focus on the .22LR cartridge, our beliefs become even more solidified.

Today we get introduced to the GLOCK 44 .22LR pistol.

In spite of being chambered in the svelte little primer-less round, the new handgun has all the features, functionality and familiarity of the rest of the GLOCK Gen 5 pistols.

TFB was fortunate enough to have early hands-on “beta test” access to some of the first G44 pistols outside of either the Austria or Georgia headquarters

. For nearly three months I personally fed the GLOCK G19-sized pistols a variety of .22LR ammunition under various conditions and believe wholeheartedly that the G44 represents the Perfection attributed with the G17 through G48 GLOCK models

Despite its reduced size and power, the .22LR cartridge is surprisingly difficult to build a firearm around – a reliable and accurate one, anyway. In fact it is those diminutive characteristics along with ammunition variability that cause most of the problems in rimfire pistols. Without consistent powder charges, firearm manufacturers are required to make semiautomatic rimfire handguns that have partial slide/bolts to keep reciprocating mass to a minimum. Bullet shape, coating/washing and weight can all also effect functioning and reliability.

Rimfire magazines can also drive semiautomatic pistol designs: the tiny cartridge usually requires careful feeding into chambers because of the lack of tilting barrel actions afforded their centerfire cartridge cousins.

Point being, the GLOCK G44 is designed to mimic a full powered combat handgun while shooting a low recoil, inexpensive round that allows for an increased amount of training time. All without sacrificing functionality. These features in a real defensive pistol represent the holy grail for new shooters, trainees and anyone else looking for an enjoyable shooting experience.

Let’s switch things up a bit – I’ll answer what I consider to be the top questions racing around in all of your heads. Keep in mind, the G44 is a very secretive project with a lot of information compartmentalization. There’s a chance that my information with differ slightly from the commercial release.

Q: What’s a good GLOCK 44 size comparison?

A: It’s a compact handgun. The G44 is indistinguishable in size from a Gen 5 G19.

Q: What is the GLOCK 44 slide made of?

A. The G44 Slide is a hybrid steel polymer design (steel rails, polymer slide body).

Q. What is the GLOCK 44 magazine capacity?

A. These two G44’s use 10 round magazines, although there have been whispers of possible 15 round magazines in the future (my GLOCK carrying cases were marked 15 round).

Q. Are there GLOCK 44 threaded barrel versions available?

A. Factory G44 threaded barrels will be available on the commercial launch date.

Q. Which GLOCK 44 suppressor combination would you suggest?

A. Although I haven’t had a chance to suppress the GLOCK 44, I have purchased a Dead Air Mask specifically for this pistol.

Q. Do you have GLOCK 44 ammunition recommendations?

A. While standard and high velocity ammunition might be somewhat preferable, outside of some ammo with manufacturing irregularities (velocity/charge fluctuations) most quality ammo runs great in the G44. If I were buying a bunch of ammo for an upcoming range/plinking session, I’d grab a few sleeves CCI Mini-Mag without hesitation.

Q. What types of ammunition did you run during testing the GLOCK 44?

A. I used at least 20 different types of .22LR ammunition that varied in bullet weight, velocity and coatings/washings.

Q. How is the recoil and muzzle flip on the GLOCK 44?

A. Both are slight, especially considering the G44 weight compared to a G19.

Q. What does the GLOCK 44 trigger feel like?

A. The G44 trigger feels exactly like a Gen 5 G19.

Q. Does the G44 get dirty?

A. The G44 does not appear to run as dirty as some other .22LR platforms.

Q. Tell me about the GLOCK 44 disassembly process.

A. The G44 field strips for cleaning and maintenance like any other commercially available GLOCK pistol.

Q. Can I swap a G19 frame in for a GLOCK 44 Frame and vice versa?

A. While the G44 and Gen5 G19 Frames appear identical to me, I’ve been told the G44 frame is not interchangeable with other GLOCK pistols.

Q. Can I buy a GLOCK G44 barrel and slide assembly separately?

A. No, the new GLOCK rimfire platform is only available as the complete G44 pistol.

Q. What GLOCK G44 holster and magazine carrier options are available?

A. Any holster or carrier designed for the Gen 5 G19 will work with the G44.

Q. What GLOCK G44 light and laser combinations are currently available.

A. Any weaponlight or laser designed to work with current accessory rail-equipped GLOCK pistols will work on the GLOCK 44.

Q. How much does the GLOCK 44 cost?

A. At the time of this writing, the unconfirmed MSRP of the G44 is $400 USD.

Q. What about GLOCK 44 sights?

A. The GLOCK 44 comes standard with basic polymer sights but can use any sights designed for the Gen 5 G19 pistols.

Q. What is the official GLOCK 44 website?

A. GLOCK USA G44 – https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g44

Q. Where is the GLOCK 44 manufactured?

A. The GLOCK 44 is made at GLOCK USA headquarters and factory in Smyrna, Georgia.

Q. What about a GLOCK 44 manual safety?

A. No, the GLOCK 44 uses the same Safe Action features found on their centerfire firearms.

Hopefully this basic GLOCK 44 Q&A will answer your most pressing questions. I will fill in additional questions and answers to the list in the days and weeks ahead.

GLOCK G44 .22LR – Specifications
    https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g44

TFB Exclusive: GLOCK 44 .22LR - Rimfire Perfection
    TFB Exclusive: GLOCK 44 .22LR – Rimfire Perfection

Let’s take a look at the G44 weights and measures.

Caliber: .22 Long Rifle (.22lr)

Magazine Capacity: 10 Rounds
    Barrel profile: Hexagonal

Barrel Length: 4.02 in / 102 mm

Length (Rate) Of Twist: 15.98 in / 406 mm

Weight (no mag): 12.63 oz / 358 gr

Weight (empty mag): 14.74 oz / 418 gr

Weight (loaded mag): 15.94 oz / 452 gr

Trigger Travel: .49 in / 12.5 mm

Trigger Weight: 5.8 lbs / 26 N

Length (overall): 7.28 in / 185 mm

Slide Length: 6.85 in / 174 mm
    Width: 1.26 in / 32 mm

Slide Width: 1.0 in / 25.5 mm

Height (with Magazine): 5.04 in / 128 mm

GLOCK 44 .22LR – Field Strip

As stated above, the G44 disassembles like any other GLOCK in history. Always read, understand and follow the instructions laid out in your owner’s manual.

Remove the source of ammunition (magazine).
    Visually and physically inspect the magazine well and chamber. Check twice.
    Watch the slide close on an empty chamber.
    Point the pistol in a safe direction.
    Pull the trigger.
    Move the slide 1/4 of an inch to the rear, hold while pulling down on the takedown levers located on the middle of the slide.
    Ride the slide forward and off the frame.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...glock-44-22lr/
    Last edited by middlefinger; December 10th, 2019 at 11:48 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Default New!!! Glock 44, 22 Long Rifle

I'm not in the market for .22 handgun, but I was wondering when Glock was going to get around to doing this. The advertised weight, with a loaded 10 round mag is only 16.4 oz. Sounds interesting, but I'd have to wait for all the bugs to get worked out.

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g44
    Last edited by IronButt; December 10th, 2019 at 11:58 AM.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Montgomery County)

Damn, I was hoping for a carbine. Instead I now have to get another .22.

The G44 and 15-22 would be an excellent pistol/rifle combo for cheap training time.

(Carbon County)

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Lancaster County)

WTF? 10 round mag? That's some real bullshit there.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    WTF? 10 round mag? That's some real bullshit there.
    Gotta agree with this...

Looks like MD2 wins the thread prognosticator award. I will claim second.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast