Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default Re: Purple Paint Law In PA. indicating No Tresspassing / Hunting.

I tried to pull up the bill and it isn't there. Last action Act No. 103

When you lock on act no 103 it says The document you have requested is not available.
    Enacted from HB 1772 on Wednesday Nov. 27, 2019.

however there are amendments, and I am unsure which version of HB 1772 actually passed.

I'm guessing printer number 2821: AS that says it does not apply in a county of the first class, or a county of the 2nd class. Is allegheny the only 2nd class county?
    Last edited by PAMedic=F|A=; December 6th, 2019 at 08:04 AM.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Bucks County)

Class Max. Population Min. Population Number Counties
    First -- 1,500,000 1 Philadelphia
    Second 1,499,999 800,000 1 Allegheny
    Second A 799,999 500,000 3 Bucks, Delaware, Montgomery
    Third 499,999 210,000* 12 Berks, Chester, Cumberland, Dauphin, Erie, Lackawanna, Lancaster*, Lehigh, Luzerne, Northampton, Westmoreland, York
    Fourth 209,999 145,000 9 Beaver, Butler, Cambria+, Centre, Fayette+, Franklin, Monroe, Schuylkill, Washington
    Fifth 144,999 90,000 7 Adams, Blair, Lawrence, Lebanon, Lycoming, Mercer, Northumberland
    Sixth 89,999 45,000~ 24 Armstrong, Bedford, Bradford, Carbon, Clarion~, Clearfield, Clinton~, Columbia, Crawford, Elk+~, Greene~, Huntingdon, Indiana, Jefferson, McKean+, Mifflin, Perry, Pike, Somerset, Susquehanna~, Tioga~, Venango, Warren+, Wayne
    Seventh 44,999 20,000 4 Juniata, Snyder, Union, Wyoming
    Eighth 19,999 0 6 Cameron, Forest, Fulton, Montour, Potter, Sullivan

If I'm reading this correctly, Philadelphia remains a first class county even if population dwindles to 1. Does that sound like corrupt legislators made that up?
    Last edited by Bang; December 6th, 2019 at 09:22 AM.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Class Max. Population Min. Population Number Counties
    First -- 1,500,000 1 Philadelphia
    Second 1,499,999 800,000 1 Allegheny
    Second A 799,999 500,000 3 Bucks, Delaware, Montgomery
    Third 499,999 210,000* 12 Berks, Chester, Cumberland, Dauphin, Erie, Lackawanna, Lancaster*, Lehigh, Luzerne, Northampton, Westmoreland, York
    Fourth 209,999 145,000 9 Beaver, Butler, Cambria+, Centre, Fayette+, Franklin, Monroe, Schuylkill, Washington
    Fifth 144,999 90,000 7 Adams, Blair, Lawrence, Lebanon, Lycoming, Mercer, Northumberland
    Sixth 89,999 45,000~ 24 Armstrong, Bedford, Bradford, Carbon, Clarion~, Clearfield, Clinton~, Columbia, Crawford, Elk+~, Greene~, Huntingdon, Indiana, Jefferson, McKean+, Mifflin, Perry, Pike, Somerset, Susquehanna~, Tioga~, Venango, Warren+, Wayne
    Seventh 44,999 20,000 4 Juniata, Snyder, Union, Wyoming
    Eighth 19,999 0 6 Cameron, Forest, Fulton, Montour, Potter, Sullivan

If I'm reading this correctly, Philadelphia remains a first class county even if population dwindles to 1. Does that sound like corrupt legislators made that up?
    You are not reading it correctly. There is 1 that meets the requirement for first class, Philadelphia. The Min is 1.5million.

(Northumberland County)

I hope greedy hunters don't just go mark off an area they want to them selves. My area most of the hunting is unused coal mine property.
    Member of Zerbe Township Rod & Gun Club.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by CoalcrackerAl View Post
    I hope greedy hunters don't just go mark off an area they want to them selves. My area most of the hunting is unused coal mine property.
    And here's a perfect example of why you should obtain written permission, rather than assume you can just go anywhere you don't see signs (or paint).

If someone does as you suggest, but you know you have REAL permission, from the ACTUAL landowner, then the purple paint means nothing to you.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    And here's a perfect example of why you should obtain written permission, rather than assume you can just go anywhere you don't see signs (or paint).

If someone does as you suggest, but you know you have REAL permission, from the ACTUAL landowner, then the purple paint means nothing to you.

One of my liberal customers puts up "NO HUNTING" signs for the woods near her property.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    One of my liberal customers puts up "NO HUNTING" signs for the woods near her property.
    It would be funny if the real property owner caught her then zapped her for trespassing.
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by dunno View Post
    It would be funny if the real property owner caught her then zapped her for trespassing.
    yea really , I would guess you are breaking some law by "posting " someone elses property ???

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
    yea really , I would guess you are breaking some law by "posting " someone elses property ???
    Vandalism seems to fit.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

Years ago I deer hunted in middle Bucks county on a friend's land. Down the road was a super-BITCH woman who was anti-hunting. She teamed with her anti-hunting neighboring man friend. One of them had an old Cadillac with a bad or no muffler. They would drive it all around the area thinking they were scaring the deer to leave the area and thus saved them.

Her property bordered my friend's. She posted virtually every tree. It was so obvious that she was swinging 25 yards into my friend's here and there.

One day I'm on my (ground) stand, rifle in hand, .357 Magnum 686 on the backpack, and here she comes on foot, making as much noise as possible and yelling, "don't shoot! I'm not a deer!"

"I've got you this time! You're on my property!" No I'm not. "A pistol! Now you are really in trouble!" No I'm not. "Show me your hunting license! Is it safe to turn my back on you? (She copied info from back tag). "I'll see you in court!" OK. I'm in court a lot. Let me give you a tip. Bring your licensed surveyor. The onus that I am trespassing is on you.

Later that day, property owning friend said the police chief had swung by, recognized my vehicle, and just shook his head and drove off.

A really amusing part of this was as she was brush-busting her way toward me, she had pushed a deer ahead of her. I saw the deer, scoped it, antlerless, and let it go. I was so wishing it had been a buck. What a great way to bust her balls that would have been.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast