Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Purple Paint Law In PA. indicating No Tresspassing / Hunting.

I always kind of figured that everything is owned by someone. So, if those woods are not mine, they belong to someone. So, if I trod onto that ground without permission and not knowing who owns it, I am doing it without permission. Is that, in and of itself, a punishable infraction?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I always kind of figured that everything is owned by someone. So, if those woods are not mine, they belong to someone. So, if I trod onto that ground without permission and not knowing who owns it, I am doing it without permission. Is that, in and of itself, a punishable infraction?
    https://www.pennsylvania-defense-law...l-trespassing/
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

(Beaver County)

Hunters have stopped by the house and asked permission to hunt, I always try to direct them to better places to hunt.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Im going to have to loom into that, sounds like a valuable resource.
    onX is awesome!!! Definitely worth $29/year.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(York County)

Always remember:
    In these times of expanded government, ambiguity & chaos play into the hands of those who seek to impose their power over the lives of others!

50% of all laws ought to be repealed (and should have been rejected at the time of proposal) on the basis of ambiguity alone. It is hard to dispute that those that love power always seek to expand it.

In many cases, ambiguity in the law provides the opportunity for enforcement units to apply it selectively against violators. Double, Triple and Quadruple Standards abound in this regard.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    In many cases, ambiguity in the law provides the opportunity for enforcement units to apply it selectively against violators. Double, Triple and Quadruple Standards abound in this regard.
    They absolutely do this as a matter of course along "pig pilling charges" just to see what sticks as well as providing wiggle down room for possible future plea bargaining. What ImmimentDanger described I call "Shoe Horning the law".

I recently heard a funny saying that goes "if it wasn't for double standards the left would have no standards at all". Frankly I find this true of government as a whole with all parties guilty.

Blind justice my ass, it isn't anything of the kind!
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Ya know, it sure would be nice if they made a book or websites somewhere that somehow depicted regions of the earth, pictorially, where an interested person could view the locations of things like roads, places of interest and property boundaries.

Hmmm. I wonder what such an item would be called.

Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Ya know, it sure would be nice if they made a book or websites somewhere that somehow depicted regions of the earth, pictorially, where an interested person could view the locations of things like roads, places of interest and property boundaries.

Hmmm. I wonder what such an item would be called.

I like it even more when someone declares that they have dominion over a public thruway and think they get to decide who can use it.

My neighbor parks his big trailer behind my garage, which is accessed via a public road, but the people that live around here think it's private. He's now told me two different people at the far end of this road have yelled at him that he "doesn't belong" here and told him to not come back. I've told him to ignore them because they have no say who can use this public road to access my property. He's been parking his trailer back there for several years and it's only just recently started, I think it's a couple of new people that moved in down there that don't understand that the road is public. Of course, none of them have bothered to come down here and ask me why he's does it.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I like it even more when someone declares that they have dominion over a public thruway and think they get to decide who can use it.

My neighbor parks his big trailer behind my garage, which is accessed via a public road, but the people that live around here think it's private. He's now told me two different people at the far end of this road have yelled at him that he "doesn't belong" here and told him to not come back. I've told him to ignore them because they have no say who can use this public road to access my property. He's been parking his trailer back there for several years and it's only just recently started, I think it's a couple of new people that moved in down there that don't understand that the road is public. Of course, none of them have bothered to come down here and ask me why he's does it.
    If I were the type to instigate, I would tell those people they should go to the next township meeting and raise hell over it. Just so they get a public beat down and laughed at. IF I were the type to instigate. LOL
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by dunno View Post
    Anybody have any idea why Philadelphia and Allegheny counties do not observe the law?

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/st...s/201911300056
    A new law that will help landowners to keep unwanted hunters off their properties also will help hunters to avoid high penalties for violations of another new law banning “hunting trespass.”

The “purple paint” law was passed Wednesday, three days before the first Saturday opening of the statewide firearm deer season. It will go into effect following the 2019-20 hunting seasons.

Under the law, landowners can identify property boundaries with lines of purple paint on trees. The legislation was part of a series of compromises that resulted in bipartisan support for three days annually of Sunday hunting, which was signed into law Monday by Gov. Tom Wolf.

Another accommodation created the hunting trespass law, which elevates trespassing while hunting to a primary offense punishable by higher fines than levied for general trespass and could result in prison for repeat offenders.

“Purple paint” will not apply in Allegheny and Philadelphia counties.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast