Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: Purple Paint Law In PA. indicating No Tresspassing / Hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Im going to have to loom into that, sounds like a valuable resource.
    If interested in purchasing there’s a good amount of 20% discount codes out there.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    These days, boundary and owner info is readily available online, for free. There's zero excuse for not making contact first. "Presumptive permission" is a large reason there is a broad need for cheap and easy messaging. Personally, I think the law should have been "Assume you're not wanted unless you see 'x' signal". That used to be the common assumption, but everyone is too self-focused anymore, so they just assume their wishes are ok with everyone else unless they're informed otherwise.
    Correct.

What always gets me is this. If you don't own the land you are standing on then what are you doing there?

Another thing I always find interesting is people want to hunt all over it and ride bikes and snowmobiles and tear it all up but no one wants to pay the property taxes or maintenance costs or time involved in such.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    Sorry I strongly disagree. This gives me, the land owner some more help. I've lost three game cameras this year to people trespassing and stealing them. I've had "no trespassing" signs stolen, pole and all. there is a path beaten around my gate that has three signs (one on the gate, one on each former telephone pole post. There's property damage from 4x4s, dirt bikes and ATVs coming in from the neighbor's property (unsecured). I had a storage trailer burned There are very few State Police in the area, and the Game Commission folks would just say "sorry can't do anything". Now at least it's a principle that the Game folks CAN help me with, and maybe I can finally have a little peace and less stress in my relaxation place.
    You'll have to secure it further.

One recommendation I can make is cut out an open area around your property boundary and encourage the growth of wild blackberries and raspberries. It's more effective than barbed wire.

There are trail cameras out there that can be chained to trees. I'd set up one obvious camera and then one or two concealed to take pictures and video of the exposed one and get your perp.

(Mifflin County)

After researching this law I learned the Wardens can NOW arrest a trespasser , I did not realize they could not in the past ? So I see some good in this new law!!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    I didn’t realize there is anyplace in the city limits you could hunt.
    actually, there are places you can bow hunt in Philly. You need to have a large enough lot or property that abuts Pennypack Park or Fairmount Park (and neighbors that allow you to hunt within their safety zone). This occurs mostly in NE Philly or Chestnut Hill. There are also industrial areas in NE Philly where you could conceivably obtain permission to hunt. Its not typical but it is does happen.

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    IMO, no.

No prior provisions (signage) are removed. One new one (purple paint) is added.

"Posting in a manner prescribed by law or reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders;" ie - signage, is still enough, on its own, to be a violation if ignored.
    Yep,

"I've confirmed with our legislative staff that this new law gives landowners the OPTION of using the purple paint to post their properties, instead of the "posted" signs, which can be taken down or fall off. This merely gives landowners another option if they wish not to allow hunters on their properties. There is nothing that requires landowners to do anything."

Hope this information is helpful to you.

Donna Oberlander
    House Majority Policy Chairman
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    Sorry I strongly disagree. This gives me, the land owner some more help. I've lost three game cameras this year to people trespassing and stealing them. I've had "no trespassing" signs stolen, pole and all. there is a path beaten around my gate that has three signs (one on the gate, one on each former telephone pole post. There's property damage from 4x4s, dirt bikes and ATVs coming in from the neighbor's property (unsecured). I had a storage trailer burned There are very few State Police in the area, and the Game Commission folks would just say "sorry can't do anything". Now at least it's a principle that the Game folks CAN help me with, and maybe I can finally have a little peace and less stress in my relaxation place.
    Hey, more power to you. I highly doubt that purple paint will deter thieves and other criminals, who are skilled at evading detection from law enforcement and property owners, from trespassing. The best that you can hope for is to influence those who are otherwise law abiding not to enter. Most people in this state are not involved in any type of outdoor activities that involve a state license and thus do not receive yearly updates from the state. At best, it will take many years for most of the people in this state to be expected to look for purple that has to be placed at certain specific intervals; between certain heights off the ground; and that is of a certain specific width and length on trees and objects before entering property. You can report back to us if the purple paint solves your problems with the thieves and other criminals, in the meantime.
    Last edited by Mosinshooter762; December 3rd, 2019 at 06:52 PM.

(Allegheny County)

So uhhh, what about color blind people?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    How is that concern any different than people that can't read (english).
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    Can they see blaze orange protective clothing?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast