Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Purple Paint Law In PA. indicating No Tresspassing / Hunting.

I'm still trying to find a shade that matches a nice pair of shoes and a purse I have for Easter.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Lehigh County)

Exclamation Re: Purple Paint Law In PA. indicating No Tresspassing / Hunting.

Purple Paint Law takes effect across Pennsylvania

https://www.wnep.com/mobile/article/...9-c29cc56f9484

(Wayne County)

I post 350 acres of land, purple paint would cost me a whole hell of a lot more than 3 rolls of trespass signs.

(Wayne County)

Purple is our school district's color...how to differentiate?
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

(Chester County)

This is not rocket science. If It's not my land or a state gameland (usually pretty well marked), I need to find out whose land it is and seek permission if I want to hunt there. I expect others to do the same. I know where my land boundaries are, and I used signs and markers on state gamelands before the PAGC phone apps. On private property that isn't mine which I've been given permission to hunt on, I use visual indicators as instructed by the property owner and the Huntstand app.

I have agreements with every neighboring property owner on hunting or tracking wounded animals, and I respect their wishes. I have reciprocal permission to hunt most of their properties, and permission to track on every adjoining property. Unfortunately, I've had to decide that invited friends are permitted to only hunt together with me. For some reason otherwise rational people get really stupid with game in their sights, even if they are experienced hunters down to the last of their 6 doe tags on the last day of special regs season. Friends whom I would trust with my woman and kids can't be trusted hunting deer.

On my land, posting didn't do much good, as the signs were sometimes removed and often ignored. I still post, but have resorted to other methods (including taking stands, blinds and game cameras). I still get the occasional asshole in the early part of archery season or the end of special reg antlerless season in January, but increased surveillance, taking of equipment and other personnel discouragement measures are working. I'll warn first, scare second, and then hurt. With these assholes, you need to be known as someone not to fuck with. I've never had to go past scare. I still have one or two January assholes I haven't scared yet, but my patrolling is changing up, I've taken a pop-up blind, and I will eventually find and scare them.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Mercer County)

I will be posting my land for the first time in 35 years this season because of the PA Game Commission allowing Sunday Hunting....Talked my neighbor into posting his farm also.
    We will be using other methods to ensure the posting will be honored. I agree with warn once then turn them in. I will also put warnings on any trucks and cars parked on my private road and driveway. One posted warning then the cars and trucks will be towed the second time.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAINORACLE View Post
    I will be posting my land for the first time in 35 years this season because of the PA Game Commission allowing Sunday Hunting....Talked my neighbor into posting his farm also.
    We will be using other methods to ensure the posting will be honored. I agree with warn once then turn them in. I will also put warnings on any trucks and cars parked on my private road and driveway. One posted warning then the cars and trucks will be towed the second time.
    Is it a moral stand or something else? Sunday hunting on private land requires written permission from the owner.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAINORACLE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by giant_g2 View Post
    Is it a moral stand or something else? Sunday hunting on private land requires written permission from the owner.
    I won't allow Sunday hunting in rifle season on our farm either. It's a day to get my work done, ride a horse, etc. without having to worry about disturbing others. They can call me whatever, I figure I'm nice enough the other 6 days a week!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112