Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Default Re: Purple Paint Law In PA. indicating No Tresspassing / Hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Years ago I deer hunted in middle Bucks county on a friend's land. Down the road was a super-BITCH woman who was anti-hunting. She teamed with her anti-hunting neighboring man friend. One of them had an old Cadillac with a bad or no muffler. They would drive it all around the area thinking they were scaring the deer to leave the area and thus saved them.

Her property bordered my friend's. She posted virtually every tree. It was so obvious that she was swinging 25 yards into my friend's here and there.

One day I'm on my (ground) stand, rifle in hand, .357 Magnum 686 on the backpack, and here she comes on foot, making as much noise as possible and yelling, "don't shoot! I'm not a deer!"

"I've got you this time! You're on my property!" No I'm not. "A pistol! Now you are really in trouble!" No I'm not. "Show me your hunting license! Is it safe to turn my back on you? (She copied info from back tag). "I'll see you in court!" OK. I'm in court a lot. Let me give you a tip. Bring your licensed surveyor. The onus that I am trespassing is on you.

Later that day, property owning friend said the police chief had swung by, recognized my vehicle, and just shook his head and drove off.

A really amusing part of this was as she was brush-busting her way toward me, she had pushed a deer ahead of her. I saw the deer, scoped it, antlerless, and let it go. I was so wishing it had been a buck. What a great way to bust her balls that would have been.
    I have a feeling that unauthorized by property owner purple painting is going to be a very common problem, especially with the anti-hunters in the eastern part of the state.
    Last edited by Mosinshooter762; December 8th, 2019 at 05:22 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mosinshooter762 View Post
    I have a feeling that unauthorized by property owner purple painting is going to be a very common problem, especially with the anti-hunters in the eastern part of the state.
    Man, didn't think of that. Get paint mixed for cheapest deal, jump out of car, noiseless slap-slap, gone. No buying/hammering signs. You are so right.

At least, the law should require a minimum of real signs within certain distances.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Erie County)

It actually would not be a problem. If they do this all they are doing is marking property for the legal owner for free. You still need permission to hunt there and if you have permission the purple paint does not affect you. The best way to avoid any kind of problem is obtain WRITTEN PERMISION from the legal owner and carry it with you. The only people that have the authority to demand that you show proof of permission to be on the property world be the legal owner, a lease holder, law enforcement and the PGC.
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

(Bucks County)

The purple paint would likely discourage some from seeking permission, which would be the interloper's goal.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Quote Originally Posted by chp1911 View Post
    It actually would not be a problem. If they do this all they are doing is marking property for the legal owner for free. You still need permission to hunt there and if you have permission the purple paint does not affect you. The best way to avoid any kind of problem is obtain WRITTEN PERMISION from the legal owner and carry it with you. The only people that have the authority to demand that you show proof of permission to be on the property world be the legal owner, a lease holder, law enforcement and the PGC.
    If it is already illegal to be on the property without the purple paint then why is this purple paint law even necessary? If you are right then you have only proved even more that this purple paint law is a solution in search of a problem.

Also how are you, your guests, police and others supposed to know the exact boundary of your property and whether your anti-gun or anti-hunting neighbor encroached on your property when placing purple markings? Most people are not Professional Surveyors. I guess we will have to befriend one to make part of our hunting parities in case Mr. Anti Gun claims its his property and he placed the purple paint.
    Last edited by Mosinshooter762; December 8th, 2019 at 08:18 PM.

(Erie County)

If it is already illegal to be on the property without the purple paint then why is this purple paint law even necessary? If you are right then you have only proved even more that this purple paint law is a solution in search of a problem.

Also how are you, your guests, police and others supposed to know the exact boundary of your property and whether your anti-gun or anti-hunting neighbor encroached on your property when placing purple markings? Most people are not Professional Surveyors. I guess we will have to befriend one to make part of our hunting parities in case Mr. Anti Gun claims its his property and he placed the purple paint.
    The game commission has been using white dots on trees and tiny signs to mark gameland boundaries for years. Other states have used purple dots and signage as no trespass for years. Some of you just want to be chicken little, there is an app called "on x hunt". It shows you property lines, owners contact info etc and can use GPS to see where you are.
    Reply Reply With Quote

If you cannot do your due diligence on property rights then you have no business wandering around in the woods.
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

(Tioga County)

Exactly.

I think people seem to have a hard time understanding that if you are on private property and you don't own it, then what are you doing there?

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    One of my liberal customers puts up "NO HUNTING" signs for the woods near her property.
    Quote Originally Posted by dunno View Post
    It would be funny if the real property owner caught her then zapped her for trespassing.
    Not to mention the value of the lumber, since nails/staples tend to decrease timber values.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Exactly.

I think people seem to have a hard time understanding that if you are on private property and you don't own it, then what are you doing there?
    We don’t own most of the earths surface, and yet we enter a lot of property every day. Most businesses, friends, employers and others have never explicitly told us that we are permitted to enter or remain on their land, and yet there we are eating dinner with friends, shopping, or doing any other myriad of things the property of others. My neighbor never explicitly told me that I am permitted to knock on his door, or trim his tree that hangs over the property line. There is a body of case law in every state about what the reasonable expectations of owners, and entrants are.
    Last edited by Mosinshooter762; December 9th, 2019 at 07:21 AM.

The game commission has been using white dots on trees and tiny signs to mark gameland boundaries for years. Other states have used purple dots and signage as no trespass for years. Some of you just want to be chicken little, there is an app called "on x hunt". It shows you property lines, owners contact info etc and can use GPS to see where you are.
    Reply Reply With Quote

If you cannot do your due diligence on property rights then you have no business wandering around in the woods.

Maybe you are right that we are obligated to pay a chunk a change for a boundary survey on all land that we enter. So I pay for this survey of my friends property, and the neighbor doesn’t believe it was done by a Professional Surveyor. Mr. and Mrs. Anti Gun claims I placed the survey markings on their property rather than it being professionally done and that it actually doesn’t mark the boundary of the property. As far as online records, information on the internet is not always correct, and such information has to be properly interpreted. How are the police going to handle this dispute between a neighbor and the property owners guest about the boundary line, and whether this neighbor had the right to place the purple paints where they did? The police are not surveyors and they didn’t witness the survey.

Property disputes happen a lot. It is naive to think that this purple paint law won’t lead to neighbor disputes.
    Last edited by Mosinshooter762; December 9th, 2019 at 07:49 AM.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast