Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 104
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Levittown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    7,764
    Rep Power
    21474853

    Default Re: Purple Paint Law In PA. indicating No Tresspassing / Hunting.

    I always kind of figured that everything is owned by someone. So, if those woods are not mine, they belong to someone. So, if I trod onto that ground without permission and not knowing who owns it, I am doing it without permission. Is that, in and of itself, a punishable infraction?
    Legislating to prevent people's acts is fantasy

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Erie, Pennsylvania
    (Erie County)
    Posts
    407
    Rep Power
    10433128

    Default Re: Purple Paint Law In PA. indicating No Tresspassing / Hunting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I always kind of figured that everything is owned by someone. So, if those woods are not mine, they belong to someone. So, if I trod onto that ground without permission and not knowing who owns it, I am doing it without permission. Is that, in and of itself, a punishable infraction?
    https://www.pennsylvania-defense-law...l-trespassing/
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    zelienople, Pennsylvania
    (Beaver County)
    Posts
    855
    Rep Power
    21474841

    Default Re: Purple Paint Law In PA. indicating No Tresspassing / Hunting.

    Hunters have stopped by the house and asked permission to hunt, I always try to direct them to better places to hunt.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Gouldsboro, Pennsylvania
    (Wayne County)
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,550
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: Purple Paint Law In PA. indicating No Tresspassing / Hunting.

    Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Im going to have to loom into that, sounds like a valuable resource.
    onX is awesome!!! Definitely worth $29/year.
    "How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessnes."

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ...
    (York County)
    Posts
    1,375
    Rep Power
    8272569

    Default Re: Purple Paint Law In PA. indicating No Tresspassing / Hunting.

    Always remember:
    In these times of expanded government, ambiguity & chaos play into the hands of those who seek to impose their power over the lives of others!

    50% of all laws ought to be repealed (and should have been rejected at the time of proposal) on the basis of ambiguity alone. It is hard to dispute that those that love power always seek to expand it.

    In many cases, ambiguity in the law provides the opportunity for enforcement units to apply it selectively against violators. Double, Triple and Quadruple Standards abound in this regard.

    ...

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxford, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Age
    52
    Posts
    807
    Rep Power
    1919834

    Default Re: Purple Paint Law In PA. indicating No Tresspassing / Hunting.

    Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    In many cases, ambiguity in the law provides the opportunity for enforcement units to apply it selectively against violators. Double, Triple and Quadruple Standards abound in this regard.
    ...
    They absolutely do this as a matter of course along "pig pilling charges" just to see what sticks as well as providing wiggle down room for possible future plea bargaining. What ImmimentDanger described I call "Shoe Horning the law".

    I recently heard a funny saying that goes "if it wasn't for double standards the left would have no standards at all". Frankly I find this true of government as a whole with all parties guilty.

    Blind justice my ass, it isn't anything of the kind!
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Gouldsboro, Pennsylvania
    (Wayne County)
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,550
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: Purple Paint Law In PA. indicating No Tresspassing / Hunting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I always kind of figured that everything is owned by someone. So, if those woods are not mine, they belong to someone. So, if I trod onto that ground without permission and not knowing who owns it, I am doing it without permission. Is that, in and of itself, a punishable infraction?
    Ya know, it sure would be nice if they made a book or websites somewhere that somehow depicted regions of the earth, pictorially, where an interested person could view the locations of things like roads, places of interest and property boundaries.

    Hmmm. I wonder what such an item would be called.

    "How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessnes."

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    127.0.0.1, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    17,993
    Rep Power
    21474867

    Default Re: Purple Paint Law In PA. indicating No Tresspassing / Hunting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Ya know, it sure would be nice if they made a book or websites somewhere that somehow depicted regions of the earth, pictorially, where an interested person could view the locations of things like roads, places of interest and property boundaries.

    Hmmm. I wonder what such an item would be called.

    I like it even more when someone declares that they have dominion over a public thruway and think they get to decide who can use it.

    My neighbor parks his big trailer behind my garage, which is accessed via a public road, but the people that live around here think it's private. He's now told me two different people at the far end of this road have yelled at him that he "doesn't belong" here and told him to not come back. I've told him to ignore them because they have no say who can use this public road to access my property. He's been parking his trailer back there for several years and it's only just recently started, I think it's a couple of new people that moved in down there that don't understand that the road is public. Of course, none of them have bothered to come down here and ask me why he's does it.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxford, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Age
    52
    Posts
    807
    Rep Power
    1919834

    Default Re: Purple Paint Law In PA. indicating No Tresspassing / Hunting.

    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I like it even more when someone declares that they have dominion over a public thruway and think they get to decide who can use it.

    My neighbor parks his big trailer behind my garage, which is accessed via a public road, but the people that live around here think it's private. He's now told me two different people at the far end of this road have yelled at him that he "doesn't belong" here and told him to not come back. I've told him to ignore them because they have no say who can use this public road to access my property. He's been parking his trailer back there for several years and it's only just recently started, I think it's a couple of new people that moved in down there that don't understand that the road is public. Of course, none of them have bothered to come down here and ask me why he's does it.
    If I were the type to instigate, I would tell those people they should go to the next township meeting and raise hell over it. Just so they get a public beat down and laughed at. IF I were the type to instigate. LOL
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oakland Mills, Pennsylvania
    (Juniata County)
    Posts
    3,310
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Purple Paint Law In PA. indicating No Tresspassing / Hunting.

    Quote Originally Posted by dunno View Post
    Anybody have any idea why Philadelphia and Allegheny counties do not observe the law?

    https://www.post-gazette.com/news/st...s/201911300056
    A new law that will help landowners to keep unwanted hunters off their properties also will help hunters to avoid high penalties for violations of another new law banning “hunting trespass.”

    The “purple paint” law was passed Wednesday, three days before the first Saturday opening of the statewide firearm deer season. It will go into effect following the 2019-20 hunting seasons.

    Under the law, landowners can identify property boundaries with lines of purple paint on trees. The legislation was part of a series of compromises that resulted in bipartisan support for three days annually of Sunday hunting, which was signed into law Monday by Gov. Tom Wolf.

    Another accommodation created the hunting trespass law, which elevates trespassing while hunting to a primary offense punishable by higher fines than levied for general trespass and could result in prison for repeat offenders.

    “Purple paint” will not apply in Allegheny and Philadelphia counties.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

    "I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tresspassing While Carrying
    By GRfoto in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: February 16th, 2012, 01:48 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: September 5th, 2011, 08:45 AM
  3. Law Enforcement Tresspassing
    By customloaded in forum General
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: July 16th, 2009, 02:20 AM
  4. Tresspassing signs on your property?
    By TheNewGuy in forum General
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: April 28th, 2008, 03:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops