Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Washington County)

Default Re: What organizations to support?

I am an annual member of the NRA. Can’t say I feel like giving them any more money than is required to maintain my voting member status and renew my instructor certs.

Also a member of USPSA, Military Vehicle Preservation Association, and a member of The Well Armed Women because I am a volunteer instructor for their organization.

Gun Owners of America (GOA) and Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) seem to be doing the bulk of the work nationally. GOA is definitely good to go and would be my first choice if I had to pick only one. FPC is somewhat of a new comer to the game, but seem to have a good track record so far, incl. Pittsburgh, as others have noted. Both have companion tax deductible orgs GOF and FPF for funding litigation challenges.

Firearm Owners Against Crime (FOAC) is the best PA state org. Very active and their weekly emails and online portal make keeping up on state and Federal bills and contacting legislators very easy.

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) could definitely use support now too in order to help stop the bleed down south. VCDL is extremely active (and so far, effective) in trying to institute 2A sanctuary counties to limit the damage that will be done from the loss of the legislatures and governorship. There are some VA residents that have and do regularly support PA pro gun orgs and rallies and could really use our support too. What happens there will surely happen here if we are not diligent and engaged. The Democrats see VA as the template for the rest of the country. We must rally and hang together or we will surely hang separately.

Not a fan of NAGR or SAF for the same reasons mentioned previously.

Thanks for planning ahead for your grandson. He will be thankful one day.
    I am not a lawyer.

Getting away from purely firearms related orgs., I support Judicial Watch. They are STILL getting new "deleted" emails from she who shall not be named. JW is often the source from where the Senate gets its raw material to carry on investigations. They use Freedom of Information requests and sue without let up when denied. They are still forcing depositions under oath re Benghazi. Check out their site. No one else is doing this stuff. They are forcing the Elites to follow the Constitution and the law rather than overturning the will of the deplorables.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bill gray View Post
    Getting away from purely firearms related orgs., I support Judicial Watch. They are STILL getting new "deleted" emails from she who shall not be named. JW is often the source from where the Senate gets its raw material to carry on investigations. They use Freedom of Information requests and sue without let up when denied. They are still forcing depositions under oath re Benghazi. Check out their site. No one else is doing this stuff. They are forcing the Elites to follow the Constitution and the law rather than overturning the will of the deplorables.
    Completely agree with this.
    Have been supporting Judicial Watch for many years.
    Join Judicial Watch here: https://www.judicialwatch.org/
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Juniata County)

Firearm Owners Against Crime (FOAC)

https://foac-pac.org/

It can not be over stated how much they have done to protect our rights here in the Commonwealth.

NOR can it be over stated how much they have done to ensure legislation was pasted to restore gun rights in the Commonwealth.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

I appreciate all of the helpful responses folks...thank you all!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12