Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: French Creek Outfitters

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tettnanger View Post
    I hope they go out of business!

They jerked me around several years ago. Their prices were high and the staff was made up of mostly arrogant jerkoffs.
    I cant completely disagree. I just dont want to lose a range.

Shortly after my daughter was born this year, i decided it was time to start carrying daily again especially with us moving back to montco, and an incident we had.
    Unfortunately i had to bring her with me to french creek(sales floor only) to buy my gun.

We waited for over 30 minutes with 6 $100 bills in my right hand and my 2 week old daughter in her car seat in my left while pointing at the Sig P365.

Was completely ignored, not even greeted.
    They would walk around me to the next customer, while really just hanging out and bullshitting with friends on a rather busy for them day.
    Very loudly stated how rude and unprofessional they were being especially considering i have a small infant with me and im being ignored as a customer. Told them and the management at the front counter why i was leaving, with my money, and that im taking it to kings shooter supply and i will never again attempt to purchase a firearm from french creek.
    Still havent gave them any money other than the range or 1 transfer(sellers request). Did buy my sig p365 and love the hell out of it, ended up having at least 6 others to buy p365s as well.

Their loss.

Tried going there a few other times, for mags, ammo, sling, targets, etc. Prices were absurdly expensive. Walked around the store and most everything can be found on amazon prime with 1 day shipping for much much less.

The range unfortunately isnt something amazon or ebay can drop ship me. Lol

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    I cant completely disagree. I just dont want to lose a range.

Shortly after my daughter was born this year, i decided it was time to start carrying daily again especially with us moving back to montco, and an incident we had.
    Unfortunately i had to bring her with me to french creek(sales floor only) to buy my gun.

We waited for over 30 minutes with 6 $100 bills in my right hand and my 2 week old daughter in her car seat in my left while pointing at the Sig P365.

Was completely ignored, not even greeted.
    They would walk around me to the next customer, while really just hanging out and bullshitting with friends on a rather busy for them day.
    Very loudly stated how rude and unprofessional they were being especially considering i have a small infant with me and im being ignored as a customer. Told them and the management at the front counter why i was leaving, with my money, and that im taking it to kings shooter supply and i will never again attempt to purchase a firearm from french creek.
    Still havent gave them any money other than the range or 1 transfer(sellers request). Did buy my sig p365 and love the hell out of it, ended up having at least 6 others to buy p365s as well.

Their loss.

Tried going there a few other times, for mags, ammo, sling, targets, etc. Prices were absurdly expensive. Walked around the store and most everything can be found on amazon prime with 1 day shipping for much much less.

The range unfortunately isnt something amazon or ebay can drop ship me. Lol
    I don't use their range because when I send my target out, the metal wire shakes for 5 mins before I can shoot without having to time my shot with the up and down movement. You should try Target World. If you're in KoP, it's about the same distance and the range is much nicer and you can shoot rifle rounds.

As for the FC owner, I posted about this before (without using the name), he told me that he believes in universal background checks and that there is a gun show loophole. That was enough to convince me not to go back even though they have the only indoor archery range around here of which I know.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    I don't use their range because when I send my target out, the metal wire shakes for 5 mins before I can shoot without having to time my shot with the up and down movement. You should try Target World. If you're in KoP, it's about the same distance and the range is much nicer and you can shoot rifle rounds.

As for the FC owner, I posted about this before (without using the name), he told me that he believes in universal background checks and that there is a gun show loophole. That was enough to convince me not to go back even though they have the only indoor archery range around here of which I know.
    I guess target world will be the neck place for me to check out!

Especially if those are the beliefs of the owner of French creek.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    I guess target world will be the neck place for me to check out!

Especially if those are the beliefs of the owner of French creek.
    The stories I've heard about LPRGC will forever prevent me from going there (in addition to one asshole that I know who is a member there) but...have either of you considered it?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

French Creek Outfitters is downsizing. A Google search will turn up the story.

They are high on prices, to be sure. Was there last week. Staff at the gun counter went out of their way to wait on me.

Favourite staffer there is Brian Attenborough.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    The stories I've heard about LPRGC will forever prevent me from going there (in addition to one asshole that I know who is a member there) but...have either of you considered it?
    I usually only shoot indoors because if it's nice enough to be outside, I partake in other hobbies. That's why I don't join clubs. I would try it out as a guest though (but apparently not yours )

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    For me its just pricing really.

If im lucky i get out maybe 3-6 times a year for about an hour.

If i had a fat bank account like most of the clientele there likely have, itd be a different story. Being a new parent with health issues is a struggle.

I really would like to join. They have free monthly firearms clinic days with nra instructors, and more i guess.

(Lehigh County)

Sounds like it may end up positive for we shooters. Will have to wait and see.

PHOENIXVILLE, PA — French Creek Outfitters, the popular local outdoors store, is planning to significantly downsize its store inventory, they announced over the weekend.

The store will now concentrate on shooting sports, including their gun department and gun range, along with clothing and boots related to those activities, they said.

"We are excited about this, because it will allow us to keep our level of service high while lowering prices," the company said in their statement.

That means that downsizing will occur in the camping, paddlesports, clothing, and fishing departments.

Liquidation sales have now begun in those departments, and new prices have also been posted for guns.

French Creek Outfitters is located on 270 Schuylkill Road.
    https://patch.com/pennsylvania/phoen...downsize-store
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Sounds like it may end up positive for we shooters. Will have to wait and see.

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/phoen...downsize-store
    They outta split the space in half and take on a CFA.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Since I've known about about French Creek Outfitters they have moved their store at least four times in the past 30 or more years. They began in Phoenixville in a small store in that same shopping center where they are located now then they moved across the street up on the hill into a bigger store. After that they moved up Rte 100 and I guess you could call it North Coventry and then it moved to its present location so that store has had it's ups and downs over the years. I don't know if it's the same owner as the original store I used to go to around the opening day of trout season but I hope they can hang in there. The complainers always crack me up because they most likely have the same problems in every store they visit.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast