Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default Re: Va bill gun training a felony

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I think that most of the talk of a 2nd civil war is just that, talk. However, if it were to happen, I believe Virginia will be the shot heard 'round the world.

Wake the fuck up Virginians. Don't allow "sic semper tyrannis" to be a meaningless motto.
    With a growing divide between leftist run urban areas and right rural areas, I think potentially you could see states split internally at some point down the road. Rural Virginia hasn't changed much but the DC and Richmond urban area have had outside influxes from libtards from other states that know or care nothing about Virginia or anything about it.

(Bucks County)

Why is everyone upset. This is just a Virginia bill that may or not be passed. I guess people forget this kind of thing is already ILLEGAL in Pennsylvania.

2010 Pennsylvania Code
    Title 18 - CRIMES AND OFFENSES
    5515 - Prohibiting of paramilitary training.

§ 5515. Prohibiting of paramilitary training.
    (a) Definitions.--As used in this section the following
    words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them in this
    subsection:
    "Civil disorder." Any public disturbance involving acts of
    violence by assemblages of three or more persons, which causes
    an immediate danger of or results in damage or injury to the
    property or person of any other individual.
    "Explosive or incendiary device." Includes:
    (1) dynamite and all other forms of high explosives;
    (2) any explosive bomb, grenade, missile or similar
    device; and
    (3) any incendiary bomb or grenade, fire bomb or similar
    device, including any device which:
    (i) consists of or includes a breakable container
    including a flammable liquid or compound and a wick
    composed of any material which, when ignited, is capable
    of igniting such flammable liquid or compound; and
    (ii) can be carried or thrown by one individual
    acting alone.
    "Firearm." Any weapon which is designed to or may readily be
    converted to expel any projectile by the action of an explosive;
    or the frame or receiver of any such weapon.
    "Law enforcement officer." Any officer or employee of the
    United States, any state, any political subdivision of a state
    or the District of Columbia and such term shall specifically
    include, but shall not be limited to, members of the National
    Guard, as defined in 10 U.S.C. § 101(9), members of the
    organized militia of any state or territory of the United
    States, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or the District of
    Columbia, not included within the definition of National Guard
    as defined by 10 U.S.C. § 101(9) and members of the armed forces
    of the United States.
    (b) Prohibited training.--
    (1) Whoever teaches or demonstrates to any other person
    the use, application or making of any firearm, explosive or
    incendiary device or technique capable of causing injury or
    death to persons, knowing or having reason to know or
    intending that same will be unlawfully employed for use in,
    or in furtherance of, a civil disorder commits a misdemeanor
    of the first degree.
    (2) Whoever assembles with one or more persons for the
    purpose of training with, practicing with or being instructed
    in the use of any firearm, explosive or incendiary device or
    technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, said
    person intending to employ unlawfully the same for use in or
    in furtherance of a civil disorder commits a misdemeanor of
    the first degree.
    https://law.justia.com/codes/pennsyl.../title-18/5515

This is an interesting conversation that I'm having with an old Navy buddy that lives in Virginia, as I type this. He asked,

"What’s up Justin. Quick question. Do you think that after these proposed Virginia gun laws are enacted if they do pass that gun confiscation will occur in some way. If people like me don’t turn on them if that’s what’s required could they charge me with a felony and that would impact my background check to ensure I can remain a reactor operator and dominion employee. I see this snowball rolling really far in a bad way for us down here. I know you are active in gun rights. Any thoughts."

I responded,

"I don't think they'll go door to door, they don't have the resources for that. It'll be like any other contraband bust..., they catch you with it and deal with you individually. Similar to how they bust people for drugs at traffic stops, etc.

That being said, you just have to be smart about it and join in the fight from the legal perspective. There's the Virginia citizens defense league that you need to join https://www.vcdl.org/ They are leading the fight in Virginia and are succeeding with these "sanctuary countries." Also, on ar15.com, there's a lot of people making plans for stands against the government and such. I recommend at least following them so you can keep up to speed on what's going on. https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Virginia/24/

I have hope that Viriginian voters will wake the fuck up and stop being lazy and get to the polls and turn this around in coming years. The fact that they allowed the state to go completely democrat is a travesty and antithetical to "sic semper tyrannis." I believe that if there's going to be mass non compliance and bloodshed, it's going to start in Virginia if the courts and elections don't turn it around.

I recognize that not everyone is able to risk a felony, especially us with our jobs, to "fight the man." I have personally not yet decided my "line" when PA eventually falls..., I'll still remain active in fighting them in the court, at the very least.

Good luck!"

He replied;

"Thanks Justin. Appreciate the supportive message. I haven’t been active on the social sites. And I won’t be. I even hesitated sending this message as it’s a sign I do still own the weapon. I must admit I’ve never voted. Various reasons but now I see how important it is. I will moving forward. Virginia that I live in is dominated by the mass populations in the north and East. I can impact a local election but it’s tough to impact the state elections because of it. I do have things on hand to defend my rights. And I’m fairly capable. You know me some. You know I’ve never rolled over for anyone. Virginia was a leader in our nations civil war. Maybe we will be called on again. Although modern times are so different than before. Not sure how it would go down. I’ll listen to your advice and maybe ask for more of time comes. I always used to respect your opinions. Take care. Don’t be afraid to give me a shout."

Right the fuck there, the bolded is the problem. I believe we have the same problem in our state.

My last reply;

"PA has a similar layout in that we have 2 population centers that control the entire state, Philly and Pittsburgh, and they're getting more liberal by the day. That's why I believe PA will eventually go the way of Virginia. Couple that with the people in the center of the state not turning out to vote and you have Virginia.

I know that not everyone can be active on the front lines, but we need at least everyone on our side voting, and I'm glad that your recognize the importance.

You don't have to be active on those sites, but you can follow along. I recommended keeping an eye on that ar15 forum just so you know what's happening. You don't have to have a login to do it (I don't believe)."

Elections have consequences, and Virginia is now suffering them. I hope that people in PA are paying attention.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Why is everyone upset. This is just a Virginia bill that may or not be passed. I guess people forget this kind of thing is already ILLEGAL in Pennsylvania.

Uh, did you read what you posted AND bolded?
    If you aren't "intending to employ unlawfully the same for use in or
    in furtherance of a civil disorder", it's not illegal.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Uh, did you read what you posted AND bolded?
    If you aren't "intending to employ unlawfully the same for use in or
    in furtherance of a civil disorder", it's not illegal.
    Yes I did read it and it doesn't change anything. The govt can figure out what your intent is. If they don't like you they can arrest you in Pa.

Same as the Va bill.

(Berks County)

On that issue of people not voting...it is not just our side that doesn't vote, the dems have their share of slackers too and if 100% of eligible voters voted I would expect election outcomes to be the same as they are now.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Clinton County)

Yes I did read it and it doesn't change anything. The govt can figure out what your intent is. If they don't like you you can be arrested in Pa.
    Your interpretation of title 18 doesn't change anything and Article 1 Section 21 of our state constitution backs me up. You should read it sometime. I bet people are training all over and have been a long time, if they intend to employ unlawfully the same for use in or in furtherance of a civil disorder they'll get wrapped up. Intend to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state and it SHALL NOT BE QUESTIONED. It's about as plain English as it gets.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Your interpretation of title 18 doesn't change anything and Article 1 Section 21 of our state constitution backs me up. You should read it sometime. I bet people are training all over and have been a long time, if they intend to employ unlawfully the same for use in or in furtherance of a civil disorder they'll get wrapped up. Intend to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state and it SHALL NOT BE QUESTIONED. It's about as plain English as it gets.
    I will have to look at it. But I am still not sure how the 2010 law could be passed if it was unconstitutional. It is still on the books.

But we both need to do some reading. Read the Va bill. It is identical to our PA law. Almost word for word. The claim it will stop all firearms education is BS.

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of Virginia:

1. That §18.2-433.2 of the Code of Virginia is amended and reenacted as follows:

§18.2-433.2. Paramilitary activity prohibited; penalty.

A person shall be is guilty of unlawful paramilitary activity, punishable as a Class 5 felony if he:

1. Teaches or demonstrates to any other person the use, application, or making of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, knowing or having reason to know or intending that such training will be employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder; or

2. Assembles with one or more persons for the purpose of training with, practicing with, or being instructed in the use of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, intending to employ such training for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder; or

3. Assembles with one or more persons with the intent of intimidating any person or group of persons by drilling, parading, or marching with any firearm, any explosive or incendiary device, or any components or combination thereof.
    https://www.legiscan.com/VA/text/SB64/id/2070814

If you are moslem this is a mute/moot point.
    Last edited by bogey1; November 27th, 2019 at 02:19 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    This is an interesting conversation that I'm having with an old Navy buddy that lives in Virginia, as I type this. He asked,

"What’s up Justin. Quick question. Do you think that after these proposed Virginia gun laws are enacted if they do pass that gun confiscation will occur in some way. If people like me don’t turn on them if that’s what’s required could they charge me with a felony and that would impact my background check to ensure I can remain a reactor operator and dominion employee. I see this snowball rolling really far in a bad way for us down here. I know you are active in gun rights. Any thoughts."

I responded,

"I don't think they'll go door to door, they don't have the resources for that. It'll be like any other contraband bust..., they catch you with it and deal with you individually. Similar to how they bust people for drugs at traffic stops, etc.

That being said, you just have to be smart about it and join in the fight from the legal perspective. There's the Virginia citizens defense league that you need to join https://www.vcdl.org/ They are leading the fight in Virginia and are succeeding with these "sanctuary countries." Also, on ar15.com, there's a lot of people making plans for stands against the government and such. I recommend at least following them so you can keep up to speed on what's going on. https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Virginia/24/

I have hope that Viriginian voters will wake the fuck up and stop being lazy and get to the polls and turn this around in coming years. The fact that they allowed the state to go completely democrat is a travesty and antithetical to "sic semper tyrannis." I believe that if there's going to be mass non compliance and bloodshed, it's going to start in Virginia if the courts and elections don't turn it around.

I recognize that not everyone is able to risk a felony, especially us with our jobs, to "fight the man." I have personally not yet decided my "line" when PA eventually falls..., I'll still remain active in fighting them in the court, at the very least.

Good luck!"

He replied;

"Thanks Justin. Appreciate the supportive message. I haven’t been active on the social sites. And I won’t be. I even hesitated sending this message as it’s a sign I do still own the weapon. I must admit I’ve never voted. Various reasons but now I see how important it is. I will moving forward. Virginia that I live in is dominated by the mass populations in the north and East. I can impact a local election but it’s tough to impact the state elections because of it. I do have things on hand to defend my rights. And I’m fairly capable. You know me some. You know I’ve never rolled over for anyone. Virginia was a leader in our nations civil war. Maybe we will be called on again. Although modern times are so different than before. Not sure how it would go down. I’ll listen to your advice and maybe ask for more of time comes. I always used to respect your opinions. Take care. Don’t be afraid to give me a shout."

Right the fuck there, the bolded is the problem. I believe we have the same problem in our state.

My last reply;

"PA has a similar layout in that we have 2 population centers that control the entire state, Philly and Pittsburgh, and they're getting more liberal by the day. That's why I believe PA will eventually go the way of Virginia. Couple that with the people in the center of the state not turning out to vote and you have Virginia.

I know that not everyone can be active on the front lines, but we need at least everyone on our side voting, and I'm glad that your recognize the importance.

You don't have to be active on those sites, but you can follow along. I recommended keeping an eye on that ar15 forum just so you know what's happening. You don't have to have a login to do it (I don't believe)."

Elections have consequences, and Virginia is now suffering them. I hope that people in PA are paying attention.
    He is reaping the fruit of his labor. Was a service man, never voted. That’s hilarious. Jen is right.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast