Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Clinton County)

Default Re: Va bill gun training a felony

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    I will have to look at it. But I am still not sure how the 2010 law could be passed if it was unconstitutional. It is still on the books.

But we both need to do some reading. Read the Va bill. It is identical to our PA law. Almost word for word. The claim it will stop all firearms education is BS.

https://www.legiscan.com/VA/text/SB64/id/2070814
    I see, I didn't read all the wording of the VA bill, I only just responded to what caught my eye because I see it posted again and again. Like the VA bill and everything else it comes down to intent. If it didn't you could say bye bye to 3 gun competition, shooting rages in general and any meeting between more than 2 people while carrying the sidearm they carry on a daily basis. Gathering with people to improve a skillset is not a criminal act, unless you intend on committing a crime with that training. Just like the "lawful purpose" defense to carrying on school property, it is improperly assumed it's flat out no no. And of course you can get jammed up for just about anything but life just ain't long enough to walk on eggshells 24/7. Best thing we can do is help awareness among our peers who could very well be a part of that jury that can influence how these things are charged or dismissed.

And yes, I am not a lawyer.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    I see, I didn't read all the wording of the VA bill, I only just responded to what caught my eye because I see it posted again and again. Like the VA bill and everything else it comes down to intent. If it didn't you could say bye bye to 3 gun competition, shooting rages in general and any meeting between more than 2 people while carrying the sidearm they carry on a daily basis. Gathering with people to improve a skillset is not a criminal act, unless you intend on committing a crime with that training. Just like the "lawful purpose" defense to carrying on school property, it is improperly assumed it's flat out no no. And of course you can get jammed up for just about anything but life just ain't long enough to walk on eggshells 24/7. Best thing we can do is help awareness among our peers who could very well be a part of that jury that can influence how these things are charged or dismissed.

And yes, I am not a lawyer.
    The proposed change reads: 3. Assembles with one or more persons with the intent of intimidating any person or group of persons by drilling, parading, or marching with any firearm, any explosive or incendiary device, or any components or combination thereof.

Now imagine you and a friend are open carrying and some flake decides to call the police and announces that he/she 'feels intimdated'. Not that you did anything intending to do this, other than occupy space in the same vicinity. Some justice warrior DA decides to enforce this law by declaring that if the flake feels intimidated, you must have meant to cause it by the act of open carry and thus you need to be arrested, have your gear confiscated, and need to be prosecuted.

Sadly in today's world that proposition is not as insane and far out there as we think it should be.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Lancaster County)

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Constitution Motherfuckers!
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    On that issue of people not voting...it is not just our side that doesn't vote, the dems have their share of slackers too and if 100% of eligible voters voted I would expect election outcomes to be the same as they are now.

I will disagree with this 300% because I work (and to a lesser extent live) right in the middle of democrat/liberal/leftist ground zero.
    I SEE with my eyes how mind-bogglingly ACTIVE they are at "getting out the vote".
    They don't just make phone calls - they go door to door in a BIG-ASSED way.
    They don't JUST knock on doors either - they inquire as to the ability of the voter to GET TO the polls and they make arrangements for said democrat to get there. They dedicate their own resources to getting an Uber to pick them up, or driving there themselves to do it.

I've seen it several times in various neighborhoods throughout the city. I rake my leaves and prune my shrubs while listening in on the conversation taking place at those front doors.

If what I've seen in the past is any indication, I expect war rooms to quadruple to defeat the president. There will be countless centers of operations set up with that goal in mind where small armies of young, liberals will attack every single block to get every possible democrat to the polls to vote.

They are not sitting on their hands.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Your interpretation of title 18 doesn't change anything and Article 1 Section 21 of our state constitution backs me up. You should read it sometime. I bet people are training all over and have been a long time, if they intend to employ unlawfully the same for use in or in furtherance of a civil disorder they'll get wrapped up. Intend to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state and it SHALL NOT BE QUESTIONED. It's about as plain English as it gets.
    A1S21 mentions nothing about militias as does the 2nd Amendment. I put A1S21 license plates on my car and truck and even pro gun people don't get it. Sad.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123