Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Rubber coating spray for grips, etc?

Has anyone ever used plasti-dip or any other rubber coatings for their grips or other gun parts? I really like the way my Hogue stock feels on my cheek so I want to put a rubber coating on the cheek riser of my 590's magpul stock, maybe the SBA3 brace on my Stribog.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Rubber coating spray for grips, etc?

Flex seal comes in clear.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Allegheny County)

Did you just see that Rustoleum Anti-Slip spray posted in another thread? Is that what prompted this?

I was just going to post something similar!
    I was thinking of ways to designate my x39 magazines, and the thought crossed my mind to try some sort of "grippy spray paint" - maybe in dark grey to compliment the black mags.

I can tell you from using plastidip on tools and stuff, unless you put it on real thick like 1/16" or thicker it doesnt hold up.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    I can tell you from using plastidip on tools and stuff, unless you put it on real thick like 1/16" or thicker it doesnt hold up.
    That's unfortunate. I went ahead and took the cheek riser off and sprayed it but it doesn't make much of a difference at all. Maybe if I put another layer or two then it will make a difference ... hopefully it doesn't come off on my cheek at the range!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Did you just see that Rustoleum Anti-Slip spray posted in another thread? Is that what prompted this?

I was just going to post something similar!
    I was thinking of ways to designate my x39 magazines, and the thought crossed my mind to try some sort of "grippy spray paint" - maybe in dark grey to compliment the black mags.
    I didn't see that but I'm gonna go check it out! Isn't the curve enough to tell them apart? I've never looked at them side by side though so maybe not. I don't know. All of my GI 5.56 magazines have a rustoleum anodized bronze (it looks like a parkerized grey) base plate and rubber magpul tabs on them. Maybe take all the base pads off and spray them a distinctive color. This weather kind of sucks for spray painting though ... If you do the spraying outside, keep the can inside for at least a few hours before so it doesn't spit and clog.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    That's unfortunate. I went ahead and took the cheek riser off and sprayed it but it doesn't make much of a difference at all. Maybe if I put another layer or two then it will make a difference ... hopefully it doesn't come off on my cheek at the range!

I didn't see that but I'm gonna go check it out! Isn't the curve enough to tell them apart? I've never looked at them side by side though so maybe not. I don't know. All of my GI 5.56 magazines have a rustoleum anodized bronze (it looks like a parkerized grey) base plate and rubber magpul tabs on them. Maybe take all the base pads off and spray them a distinctive color. This weather kind of sucks for spray painting though ... If you do the spraying outside, keep the can inside for at least a few hours before so it doesn't spit and clog.

30 rounders are instantly recognizable as x39 mags.
    28 rounders... I think I would still notice the difference.
    20 rounders... I started loading 5.56 ammo into one because I have curved 20 rd 5.56 mags and I thought that's what I picked up.

It isn't gonna smear off itll peel off like sunburnt skin. If you do some aggressive stippling and clean with alcohol itll last longer but no guarentee how long

(Chester County)

I used to use Plasti dip for my train brake handle but it comes off with regular use. It last for a while then begins to peel. Here's a Neoprene stock cover.

https://www.amazon.com/Beartooth-Sto...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Spray-on bedliner would be my choice if I did this.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Spray-on bedliner would be my choice if I did this.
    Yea use a bed liner type spray. Its made for a thicker application and is heavier duty. Although even cured, i dont think id want that shit on my face.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast