Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Centre County)

Default Re: Transferring stripped AR lowers

OP, just FYI, this (filling out a SP4-113 on a stripped lower) was fought by PA FFLs in 2009 and the PSP (after getting their pee-pees whacked by the ATF) rescinded what they directed PA FFL's to do in July 2009 in the Jan 2010 issue of the Firearm Dealers Newsletter that the PSP used to publish. Where this FFL is getting his info is beyond me since it changed almost 10 years ago. That said, this does come up still and most of these FFL's will not budge. Find a different FFL or tell the FFL to read the Jan 2010 FDN again. Newsletters like this I do not get rid of because of incidents like this.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    OP, just FYI, this (filling out a SP4-113 on a stripped lower) was fought by PA FFLs in 2009 and the PSP (after getting their pee-pees whacked by the ATF) rescinded what they directed PA FFL's to do in July 2009 in the Jan 2010 issue of the Firearm Dealers Newsletter that the PSP used to publish. Where this FFL is getting his info is beyond me since it changed almost 10 years ago. That said, this does come up still and most of these FFL's will not budge. Find a different FFL or tell the FFL to read the Jan 2010 FDN again. Newsletters like this I do not get rid of because of incidents like this.
    Any chance those are online anywhere?
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Any chance those are online anywhere?
    Here is the info from Xringshooters post on this from a 2016 thread: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=303434

BTW, here is what the notice said (and it was the first article on the front page):

FIREARM DEALERS NEWSLETTER
    VOLUME 11 ISSUE 1
    JANUARY 2010

UPDATE TO RECORD OF SALE REQUIREMENTS

An SP4-113 Application/Record of Sale should only be completed for weapons that meet the definition of a "firearm" as defined in 18 PA C.S. section 6102, based on their configuration at the time of sale or transfer. By itself, a frame or receiver does not meet that definition, and no Application/ROS is required. The guidance entitled "Sale of Frame or Receiver=ROS Form that was published in the July 2009 issue of the Firearm Dealers' Newsletter is rescinded. Update to the Pennsylvania Firearm Dealers manual in reference to this issue will be forthcoming.
    Any questions about this may be directed to the Firearm Records Unit at (717) 783-5495
    Last edited by gghbi; November 26th, 2019 at 02:53 PM.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Southern South Western South Eastern York county, Pennsylvania

Thanks everyone. I found someone who knows it should be transferred as OTHER and hopefully all will end OK. if I had Facebook I would send the newsletter to the first FFL, but I don't do that. He seems to do all his advertising on there. Hmmmpfff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12