Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: OAKS Holiday show DEC 20, 21 &22 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    There is a decent amount and they probably report back to Shapiro about the ghost gun epidemic...they are usually the guys that walk around the show and don't buy much...just enough to keep up with charade...
    That could describe me.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(York County)

so the 80% lower situation....as a DEALER, we are being told by the state police we CANNOT SELL ANY 80% LOWERS without doing a background check. currently there is no background check system in place for these but they hope to have it up and running in 30 days or so. DONT blame the promoter....blame the idiot in the governors house. want gun shows to keep happening? we need to play by the rules.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Show manager is telling vendors not to sell 80% lowers
    They want to make an example at the show?

(Montgomery County)

The range of prices is amazing. Was eyeing a Tomcat in 32. Saw them from $329 to $499. None were in black so I passed. The food was as usual. Expensive. Two coffees and one donut. $8. I thought the show was pretty empty.

(Chester County)

It was a good show for me. I have commitments all weekend so I had to go today (Friday). Got in at about 1:10 and picked up a Martini (exactly what I came for) at about 1:30. From then on I was besieged by folks asking if it was for sale. After a half hour or so of that, I had to head for home. I was out of cash anyways.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    The range of prices is amazing. Was eyeing a Tomcat in 32. Saw them from $329 to $499. None were in black so I passed. The food was as usual. Expensive. Two coffees and one donut. $8. I thought the show was pretty empty.
    Amazing is putting it mildly. I saw some Mosin Nagant rifles priced at over $1300. No idea what was up with that, but the depression era mentality that I inherited from my parents won't allow me to even look at anything priced like that.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    so the 80% lower situation....as a DEALER, we are being told by the state police we CANNOT SELL ANY 80% LOWERS without doing a background check. currently there is no background check system in place for these but they hope to have it up and running in 30 days or so. DONT blame the promoter....blame the idiot in the governors house. want gun shows to keep happening? we need to play by the rules.
    well they just fucked themselves then (the AG) they have zero legal standing to do so and it is perfectly legal from a state and federal level to build your own with no oversight provided you are legally able to own one. One lawsuit in the works already and the fallout is going to be worse. It pisses me off when they decide to play overseer there's nothing about this that is ethical or legal.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    well they just fucked themselves then (the AG) they have zero legal standing to do so and it is perfectly legal from a state and federal level to build your own with no oversight provided you are legally able to own one. One lawsuit in the works already and the fallout is going to be worse. It pisses me off when they decide to play overseer there's nothing about this that is ethical or legal.
    This is what I thought. Thanks.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post

I get ya. I don't sell 80% lowers but I won't knock the guys who do. I hope PA doesn't ban them like New Jersey does, but the backlash on this issue will do nothing but add fuel to the fire. LOTS of police presence at this show, and some plain clothes as well. had a dealer friend who was asked by a random dude if he could buy 5 80% lowers. they are doing this to track felons who purchase them, the dealers who sell them, and then bring it to light to get an all out ban put in place. I don't trust any of the actions of state government while Wolfy is in office.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    I get ya. I don't sell 80% lowers but I won't knock the guys who do. I hope PA doesn't ban them like New Jersey does, but the backlash on this issue will do nothing but add fuel to the fire. LOTS of police presence at this show, and some plain clothes as well. had a dealer friend who was asked by a random dude if he could buy 5 80% lowers. they are doing this to track felons who purchase them, the dealers who sell them, and then bring it to light to get an all out ban put in place. I don't trust any of the actions of state government while Wolfy is in office.
    I agree with you and good points.

I have seen an increased UC presence at the show as well...probably due to the increased thug presence looking for body armor and potential straw purchases.... The problem is the media hypes up the fact about the gun show loophole so these asshats go thinking they can just walk in and buy a gun...

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast