Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Default Re: OAKS Holiday show DEC 20, 21 &22 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna 19547 View Post
    At 10K for a plate reader, you would be in for felony vandalism if caught... Great way to become a bow and arrow boy...
    Remove your plates, its private property. I'm sure by the time they figured out the law,
    the show would be over.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    When I went, the police cruisers were parked right out front. Take a look at the built-in cameras on the driver's side outside mirrors, cocked to catch the most images.
    That might be FLIR not a camera......other depts have them

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I'll be the first to call BS on that one.
    unfortunately, it did happen. not a loose round, just a primer....enough to make a loud bang.

as for the 80% receiver situation....no the AG did not tell the PSP to take it easy on 80% receiver sales.....thats all I can say about it. read between the lines for yourself.

Some prices were high, as usual. I sold a ton of old military rifles and pistols, so my prices must have been pretty decent. had a few knuckle head meatballs try to get a $685 rifle for $425, a guy who bought some bayonets from me but didn't really know what he was looking at and of course offered his incorrect opinion about some items on my table, and some weird guy who asked me how "fond" I was of a WWII German K98 rifle with all matching numbers. I told him I wasn't fond of any rifle on my table that's why they are for sale...but if you are asking for a better price, I cannot do anything as the estate guns are all priced by the family and I cannot reduce anything until I get their approval. He got pissy and said "then you will be carrying them for a long time at that price.". Guess that meatball didn't know I already sold 10 of them at that price or higher. from a dealer side of things, for me the show was pretty good even though the logistics of table fees (being over charged and then given less tables than I reserved) really sucked as I had brought 5 tables worth of stuff, but was only given 3 tables....much inventory had to be left in my truck. Sales were good, but WOW....there were far more cheap skates and low ballers than at a normal show.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    as for the 80% receiver situation....no the AG did not tell the PSP to take it easy on 80% receiver sales.....thats all I can say about it. read between the lines for yourself.

I have to admit statements like this puzzle me?

Why is that all that can be said, is there some 'privileged' information involved? Although considering the 'opinion' was released and is public knowledge I'm not sure how it could be?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."- The Papers of Ben Franklin

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by crffl View Post

Why is that all that can be said, is there some 'privileged' information involved? Although considering the 'opinion' was released and is public knowledge I'm not sure how it could be?

Setups for some stings maybe?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Setups for some stings maybe?

I wouldn't expect law enforcement to be taking random dealers at a show into their confidence about any future operations? Besides in that scenario wouldn't the 'sting' be on the vendor?

Also if something like that was being enforced I'd expect a 'formal' statement or directive, or maybe part the private agreement between vendor and venue, not just 'word getting around the hall'?

Then again what do I know, I'm just trying to apply logic which at best is futile.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."- The Papers of Ben Franklin

(Montgomery County)

I wouldn't expect law enforcement to be taking random dealers at a show into their confidence about any future operations? Besides in that scenario wouldn't the 'sting' be on the vendor?

Also if something like that was being enforced I'd expect a 'formal' statement or directive, or maybe part the private agreement between vendor and venue, not just 'word getting around the hall'?

Then again what do I know, I'm just trying to apply logic which at best is futile.

I meant more surveillance type situations.
    Sometimes rumors get around.
    Im just spitballing.

My only question would be, were any LAW'S broken? I doubt it because what LAW covers 80% lowers, that are currently in the crimes codes? Specifically PA. crimes codes.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Originally Posted by Marines55

When you have a PA license to sell firearms , and want to keep it , the gun laws are whatever the AG and PSP say they are.
    Last edited by abner13; December 23rd, 2019 at 09:55 AM.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    ...I sold a ton of old military rifles and pistols, so my prices must have been pretty decent... Sales were good, but WOW....there were far more cheap skates and low ballers than at a normal show.
    Where was your table or do you have a sign? Old military stuff is right up my alley and I’d like know who to look for next show.

As for low ballers, I guess you get that sort from time to time at a show but I always try to be respectful when I haggle. I don’t want to insult but I do like to find out if there’s any room to move. If not I’m fine with that and if I don’t like the price I say thanks and move on. The guy that sold my broth-in-law the shotgun saw we were interested and came over and offered a lower out the door price than was on the tag which we were happy with, no haggling necessary.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast