Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Default Re: OAKS Holiday show DEC 20, 21 &22 2019

Any good deals on USGI ammo cans?
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Bucks County)

A couple friends and I went today. Met up with three other friends and had a good day.

After all the talk on the forums, I was surprised to see that 80%s were for sale.

One of our first stops was at ScotsGuards. It was also out last as one of troop circled back for a Beretta 32. A really nice piece, especially for the money. At that time, I saw a rifle that I had been considering and was able to have a real conversion with Jeff. What a great guy! Thanks for the wonderful value on the Ruger....and the pleasant conversation. Great to place a face with a screen name!

I also picked up a Seecamp .32. I had half been interested in one, but rarely see them for sale new. Kind of like baby pigeons, you know they exist...but you never see 'em.

All in all, a good day for our crew. Everyone wishing each other a Merry Christmas (imagine that in this PC world we live)...and pleasant, nice folks.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus View Post
    I was there today actually dissapointed ... outragous prices ..... although i was able to make the 2 trades i wanted ( pmag 30 for 20 and 64rds of 9x18 mak for 1 box of euro made 9mm ) but prices on everything were crazy... however i will say there were alot of nice long guns made available probably because of the political situation ( particulary shotguns And AK's ) cases of ammo were selling like crazy I couldn't even find the SD ammo I wanted ( HST 147 +p 9mm ) as it was all sold out .. I traded for a HK P30 at a local gun shop on thursday .. the gun was in excellent condition and marked $500 .... same thing in worse condition was $650 at the show. some guy was asking $800 for a beat to crap USP 9mm ... the finish was basicially worn off and HK does not refinish their guns and the internals were horrible .. I called around last week and a store offered to order one for me for $900
    How much of a hit do you take in a trade? If they are selling a 1911 for $600 and you bring yours in that is identical, how much do you get for it?

(Butler County)

A large pile of 5.56 cans for 6 bucks each but they were rough. Indicated why they were 6 bucks and not selling.

(Chester County)

The 80% vendors were all open for business on Saturday. There was no price gouging that I saw. Apparantly the PSP were told on Friday night to lay off by the AG's office.
    Ya can't argue with figures. Two half nuthins is a whole nuthin.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPA View Post
    A couple friends and I went today. Met up with three other friends and had a good day.

After all the talk on the forums, I was surprised to see that 80%s were for sale.

One of our first stops was at ScotsGuards. It was also out last as one of troop circled back for a Beretta 32. A really nice piece, especially for the money. At that time, I saw a rifle that I had been considering and was able to have a real conversion with Jeff. What a great guy! Thanks for the wonderful value on the Ruger....and the pleasant conversation. Great to place a face with a screen name!

I also picked up a Seecamp .32. I had half been interested in one, but rarely see them for sale new. Kind of like baby pigeons, you know they exist...but you never see 'em.

All in all, a good day for our crew. Everyone wishing each other a Merry Christmas (imagine that in this PC world we live)...and pleasant, nice folks.
    Jeff is tops in my book, I've been buying from him over the last couple of years and couldn't be happier.

I almost bought a really nice colt detective in it's original box, now that it's a day later I wish I did.

Did you happen to buy the 4" Security Six with the original box? That looked like a nice gun.

Kobsw
    Last edited by kobsw; December 23rd, 2019 at 09:29 AM.

(Bucks County)

Kobsw.....nope. I got a new Ruger PC9.

It's funny...there was nothing really on my "list" when I went to the show. I was just looking for a day out with the guys. When I saw the Seecamp, I don't think I had ever seen one for sale in a shop. I had been thinking about a Beretta Tomcat...but this seemed much better. (With all due respect to the Tomcat)

The rifle too, was something I had been eyeing....

Might head over around noon today.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Montgomery County)

It was a good show for my brother-in-law, my 9 year old son, and me. I picked up my garand from Mike at A&S. While I was talking to him my brother-in-law and son walked around and when they came back my son was wearing a camo plate carrier vest. Apparently a vendor just have it to him. Kid winds up getting free stuff almost every show but this by far is the biggest/coolest.

Brother-in-law made his first purchase too. He was looking for a slug shotgun and wound up with a scoped Winchester 1300 XTR with rifled and regular barrels for what we thought was a good price. Dealer was nice to talk to while waiting for PICS on the phone. From talking to a few dealers slow PICS seemed to be the theme of the day and got worse the later it got; seemed like 20 minutes or more.

Also saw two FEG Hi-Power clones for $200-something that was very tempting. I probably would have picked one up if I hadnít already spent so much. I too saw the Beretta 81ís as low as $165, plenty of them, there some tables at $289, $295, and one guy was at $329. I already bought one a few months ago somewhere in between and probably should have/would have picked another up if not for the same reason I passed on the FEG.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Any good deals on USGI ammo cans?
    I got two .50 cal cans for $6/ea. in good condition. The guy had a good supply of them on Friday afternoon.
    Stupidity is inherited, ignorance is a choice.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast