Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default P320 / M17 slide swaps

Can the M17 (w/ manual safety) slide be swapped with a P320 full size and/or compact and vice-versa?

I.e. M17 slide on P320 full size frame and/or compact frame? and Full size and/or compact slide on an M17 frame?

Are magazines interchangeable (aside from a 17 rounder sticking out in a compact frame meant for 15 rounders)?

Default Re: P320 / M17 slide swaps

For the most part, P320 frames and slides are interchangeable with a few exceptions. If you wanted to put a compact slide on a full size frame you could, but it would look ridiculous. With the compact frame, you can use full size mags, they will just stick out. Conversely, however, you cannot use compact mags in a full size frame. Also, the new X Compact frame will not take 1st gen P320 compact mags without trimming the base plate or replacing it with one that doesn't have the side nubs.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: P320 / M17 slide swaps

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    For the most part, P320 frames and slides are interchangeable with a few exceptions. If you wanted to put a compact slide on a full size frame you could, but it would look ridiculous. With the compact frame, you can use full size mags, they will just stick out. Conversely, however, you cannot use compact mags in a full size frame. Also, the new X Compact frame will not take 1st gen P320 compact mags without trimming the base plate or replacing it with one that doesn't have the side nubs.
    That's what I was thinking. The compact slide on the carry frame (i.e. the M17's frame size) would look good however, and in fact isn't this the size of the future M18 pistol?