Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: More fake (gun) news. Who actually believes this?

Springfield needs to stop making guns. If they're not making a gun no one would ever buy (XD mod 2 with GRIP ZONE, XDE) then they give it a cringy, awful name like 911 or HELLCAT ... They fucking suck. I think it was James from TFBTV who referred to the guns Springfield was sending with the micro red dot as the "tug job media package".

(Allegheny County)

When was the last time anyone on this forum asked about a Springfield XD, or even mentioned owning one?

I don't remember either.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    When was the last time anyone on this forum asked about a Springfield XD, or even mentioned owning one?

I don't remember either.
    And you can always find them not selling in the classifieds.

(Washington County)

They are popular, for whatever reason, with low information gun buyers. I think most FFLs would agree they sell well enough.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    They are popular, for whatever reason, with low information gun buyers. I think most FFLs would agree they sell well enough.

I'll admit that many many years ago, I thought they were awesome - on paper anyway. A Glock with more features that costs way less.
    What's not to like?
    I actually remember fondling them at gun shows before they had the Springfield name slapped onto them.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I'll admit that many many years ago, I thought they were awesome - on paper anyway. A Glock with more features that costs way less.
    What's not to like?
    I actually remember fondling them at gun shows before they had the Springfield name slapped onto them.
    Yeah when it was imported as the S2000 and under $250.00. Once it bore the SA name prices almost doubled on the same exact Gen1 pistols.

A friend of mine who got me into guns had a 1st gen SA in .40 S&W and it was a POS that would fire out of battery. It eventually was replaced by SA after 3 trips back to them for the same issue. The new one was promptly sold.

(Berks County)

Hellcat looks like real innovation but I’m not exactly shure where to grip it. I hope they stamp the spring box "ammo clip".
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Hellcat looks like real innovation but I’m not exactly shure where to grip it. I hope they stamp the spring box "ammo clip".
    HAHAHAHAHA!!

Default Re: More fake (gun) news. Who actually believes this sh!t?

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    I don't have a problem with competition in a segment.

This is marketed as more concealable (slimmer) than a G26, but with the same capacity, like the Sig P365 is.

There's also a 3rd party company that's making a double stack mag to fit inside a Glock 43x/48, which if I remember correctly would make the 48 the new 19, just slimmer.

I'm interested in micro nines with high capacity but I don't need one at the moment, just going to wait and see what wins long term.

If the Glock double stack in a single stack frame mag turns out to be reliable as the factory Glock stuff, I'd probably go that way. It's an all metal design, so without the double layer that Glock always uses (and nobody else does), it allows the inside of the mag to be wider. I forget which company is actually making them, but it's one of the ones that does OEM mags for other manufacturers, and not just some random "gee we can fold metal too" place.

I'm sure your search engine of choice will find you more.

TL/DR: Competition is fine. Overhyping of new guns in articles is nothing new, ignore as any other dumb ad.
    Just saw this today its pretty in depth on a early prototype 15 round 43x mag from Shield Arms and so far so good.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    Springfield needs to stop making guns. If they're not making a gun no one would ever buy (XD mod 2 with GRIP ZONE, XDE) then they give it a cringy, awful name like 911 or HELLCAT ... They fucking suck. I think it was James from TFBTV who referred to the guns Springfield was sending with the micro red dot as the "tug job media package".
    Springfield doesnt actually "make" their handguns, the are importers. As to the Hellcat, i handled one in an LGS yesterday and wasnt impressed. My 365 isnt going anywhere.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast