Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Licensed carry on SEPTA

I've heard the question a few times here, "Can you carry on SEPTA" I've heard a few answers, most say yes.

I thought I'd take it one step farther and ask SEPTA.

My question:

I would like to know the official policy regarding the carry of firearms on SEPTA vehicles by a person who has a legally issued license to carry firearms but is not a police officer.

If such a policy exists is a copy of it available on the internet?

Thank You
    SEPTA's answer:

Thank you for contacting us. Management from the Transit Police Department reports that the law allows valid permit holders to carry firearms on our system, though they would prefer that they not do so. There is no policy that they are aware of, just the law.

Sincerely,

Barry Berky
    SEPTA Customer Service
    There ya have it, another law enforcement agency that knows it's legal, but would prefer you didn't carry at all.

Bill

Default Re: Licensed carry on SEPTA

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    I've heard the question a few times here, "Can you carry on SEPTA" I've heard a few answers, most say yes.

I thought I'd take it one step farther and ask SEPTA.

My question:
    Quote:
    I would like to know the official policy regarding the carry of firearms on SEPTA vehicles by a person who has a legally issued license to carry firearms but is not a police officer.

If such a policy exists is a copy of it available on the internet?

Thank You

SEPTA's answer:
    Quote:
    Thank you for contacting us. Management from the Transit Police Department reports that the law allows valid permit holders to carry firearms on our system, though they would prefer that they not do so. There is no policy that they are aware of, just the law.

Sincerely,

Barry Berky
    SEPTA Customer Service

There ya have it, another law enforcement agency that knows it's legal, but would prefer you didn't carry at all.

Bill

Of course they would prefer us to not carry at all. If citizens are forced to defend themselves from the scumbags that ride SEPTA it puts the spoptlight on how bad they are at protecting the riders.

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    Of course they would prefer us to not carry at all. If citizens are forced to defend themselves from the scumbags that ride SEPTA it puts the spoptlight on how bad they are at protecting the riders.
    I hear ya, I remember when Rizzo was mayor, he had cops all over the subways and on the trains, most of them with K9. Since SEPTA made it's own police department you never see them, especially on the subway trains.

I don't ride very often, only to Penn's Landing events like the 4th of July fireworks and anything at one of the stadiums. I can be home before most folks in cars get out of the parking lots.

I certainly wouldn't ride unarmed these days.

Bill

(Delaware County)

Thanks for this Sober, rep sent.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks for the info! It confirms with 100% certainty what we suspected. My wife rides daily and I feel a lot better that she's been carrying.

Al

(Northampton County)

Remember the guy,not long ago who died after being beaten by 4 teenage thugs,while within sight ot a SEPTA cop?? AND they don't want us to carry?? What station was this?? The one under the Galleria mall maybe.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by reverserboy View Post
    Remember the guy,not long ago who died after being beaten by 4 teenage thugs,while within sight ot a SEPTA cop?? AND they don't want us to carry?? What station was this?? The one under the Galleria mall maybe.
    The Galleria Mall is just outside of Buffalo, NY. The Gallery at Market East is just down the street from the station that the attack happened in. It was the 13th and Market station. It's a pretty busy platform too, since it's where msot people transfer from the El to the trolley (green) lines.

-sfg

(Delaware County)

I hear ya, I remember when Rizzo was mayor, he had cops all over the subways and on the trains, most of them with K9. Since SEPTA made it's own police department you never see them, especially on the subway trains.

I don't ride very often, only to Penn's Landing events like the 4th of July fireworks and anything at one of the stadiums. I can be home before most folks in cars get out of the parking lots.

I certainly wouldn't ride unarmed these days.

Bill

I ride Septa pretty much Monday - Friday to go to school and work. I do see SEPTA cops in Suburban Station and in some subway stations but they are always occupied checking out the ladies going by. I guess most ladies asses pose a big threat.

(Lehigh County)

Are you kidding me? Riding the Septa might be one of the top teir reasons TO carry.. lol

(Allegheny County)

Good job, SB. Way to go to the source and get some answers.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast