Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default Laserlyte Center Mass shotgun laser?

Saw these on an episode of guns and ammo tv. Looked interesting. Has a center dot surrounded by 9 dots that spread out the further away the target was, similar to a shotgun pattern opening up as distance increases. Seemed like a great idea for home defense gun.

Don't see them on their website at all anywhere. Just a bunch of training stuff and lasers for mostly lower tier pistols.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Laserlyte Center Mass shotgun laser?

Terrible idea, which dot is where in the dark and in a hurry.
    If you want to use a shotgun, get a decent weapon mounted light (in the 200 lumen range, there is such a thing as too many lumens) and be happy with it. The laserlyte solves a problem that no one has. White light is always better than a bunch of little dots.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    Terrible idea, which dot is where in the dark and in a hurry.
    If you want to use a shotgun, get a decent weapon mounted light (in the 200 lumen range, there is such a thing as too many lumens) and be happy with it. The laserlyte solves a problem that no one has. White light is always better than a bunch of little dots.
    It's actually more then that once it's sighted in and your shot gun is patterned it will show you your spread at any given distance within your home so you know where all your pellets are going, something most people will never think of. I am no fan of lasers on weapons, but this one has some benefit especially for those who shoot little to none which is most gun owners who are always being told to use a shot gun for HD. I think they were on the right track with their thinking I am just not sure how good the design was.

I would use a white light even with the laser regardless of what type of weapon your using.
    Last edited by Hodgie; November 25th, 2019 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TDIfan View Post
    Saw these on an episode of guns and ammo tv. Looked interesting. Has a center dot surrounded by 9 dots that spread out the further away the target was, similar to a shotgun pattern opening up as distance increases. Seemed like a great idea for home defense gun.

Don't see them on their website at all anywhere. Just a bunch of training stuff and lasers for mostly lower tier pistols.
    This product has been discontinued so you need to look on the 2nd had market.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    It's actually more then that once it's sighted in and your shot gun is patterned it will show you your spread at any given distance within your home so you know where all your pellets are going, something most people will never think of. I am no fan of lasers on weapons, but this one has some benefit especially for those who shoot little to none which is most gun owners who are always being told to use a shot gun for HD. I think they were on the right track with their thinking I am just not sure how good the design was.

I would use a white light even with the laser regardless of what type of weapon your using.

Exactly. I definitely will have a light as well, but this thing seemed ideal for home use. Especially if shooting a pistol grip or "shockwave" type grip from the hip or when stock wasn't shouldered and sights are not at eye level. I'll have to call them to see if they are bringing it back.

(Allegheny County)

I looked at one of these for my shockwave. i just never bought it. like all accessories you have to try them to determine if they fit your needs.

I saw one used at a law enforcement demonstration I attended with a family member who is LE and it worked as advertised. This was right before it was released which was at least 3 or 4 years ago, that episode of guns and ammo TV is pretty old too.

I've had one for a few years and I like it. I had it mounted on an 870 and then switched it to a shockwave. It gives you a pretty good idea of how your pattern will hit with most loads I've tried from 000 buck to #9 shot.

(Monroe County)

Yeah, I've been recording guns and ammo tv on the DVR. Wasn't sure when the episode aired originally, but it's new to me.