Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default A run-in with Galco Gunleather

I've had a Galco Classic Lite shoulder holster for years and recently bought another for a different gun. There are four adjustment straps on the old holster fastened with Chicago Screws that are sturdy, easy to use and to move between adjustment notches. Their product video shows Chicago Screws, and their written description mentions "system screws." But the new holster came with crummy little plastic tabs that must be forced through the adjustment holes. I'm pretty fit but I found great difficulty in doing it, and certainly someone with arthritic hands, or less strength and dexterity, or a woman with fingernails, would absolutely not be able to do it alone.

I contacted Galco to tell them about the inaccurate product description and to ask for a set of Chicago Screws, and they blandly told me had I had no real beef because their terms of service state that they can change the product at any time without notice. Furthermore, Chicago Screws will not fit the new product. They were not concerned in the slightest about the product misrepresentation. The only remedy they offered was to return for a refund. And by the way, they were pretty snotty about the whole thing. So the lesson seems to be that if you order from Galco you have no idea if you're going to get something identical to what you ordered and they are unconcerned about the accuracy of their product descriptions.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: A run-in with Galco Gunleather

Full refund?.....send their snotty product back!
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Lehigh County)

Take pictures of the old and the new, send the new one back, and when you get the refund, put up a thread (or update this one) on how their quality has have gone to hell.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Berks County)

Unfortunately almost everyone's quality has gone to hell. Either it's a piece of shit now or it's only 3/4 the size it used to be, etc. At least they're offering a refund for their POS, I'd say that that is good business of them.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Full refund?.....send their snotty product back!
    +1...and tell them you are an unsatisfied customer. Find another manufacturer...

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Unfortunately almost everyone's quality has gone to hell. Either it's a piece of shit now or it's only 3/4 the size it used to be, etc. At least they're offering a refund for their POS, I'd say that that is good business of them.
    You're just 1.25X the size you used to be . . .

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Bucks County)

Once I started telling people I’m on YELP, you wouldn’t believe how they bend over backwards to make things right.
    A few weeks ago, Chapman Ford in Horsham thought it would be ok to screw me over. I sat in their lounge, eating gooey, warm, fresh from the oven cookies, typing away on YELP. The little old Grandma they had baking goodies for me excused herself to “ the ladies room”, and within seconds I was getting the “ what can we do to fix the problem, sir?”- treatment.
    Hilton hotel on Long Island overcharged my credit card two weeks ago. I called to get it fixed. Got a shitty response. Asked to speak to the manager, then while he was basically making excuses and not really helping me, I asked him to repeat himself because I was distracted while typing a review on YELP. Instant change of attitude. Got my refund, and enough free points to get a free night.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Once I started telling people I’m on YELP, you wouldn’t believe how they bend over backwards to make things right.
    A few weeks ago, Chapman Ford in Horsham thought it would be ok to screw me over. I sat in their lounge, eating gooey, warm, fresh from the oven cookies, typing away on YELP. The little old Grandma they had baking goodies for me excused herself to “ the ladies room”, and within seconds I was getting the “ what can we do to fix the problem, sir?”- treatment.
    Hilton hotel on Long Island overcharged my credit card two weeks ago. I called to get it fixed. Got a shitty response. Asked to speak to the manager, then while he was basically making excuses and not really helping me, I asked him to repeat himself because I was distracted while typing a review on YELP. Instant change of attitude. Got my refund, and enough free points to get a free night.
    Straight out of South Park.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man