Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Federal Legalization of Marijuana is On The Table.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    They make way too much money putting people in prison for weed. I'll be surprised if it passes. It's the same reason they don't take your license forever when you get a DUI. They want you to get ten DUI's at $10k a piece. They could give a shit how many people die on the road. Court costs, lawyers, judges, cops and prison guards overtime pay, auto insurance premiums, body shops, doctors and hospitals are all making money on DUI accidents.
    It costs taxpayers over 120 bucks a day 365 days a year. Where is the profit. In most pot cases there is nothing for forfeiture.

Quote Originally Posted by pacomdiver View Post
    so how does that affect "federally regulated" commercial truck drivers? since it wont be an "illegal" drug anymore in the federal governments eyes, you cant be under the "influence of an illegal drug" then and wont require random drug screenings . you think there are alot of truck accidents now, what happens when their reaction times are slowed when some asshat soccer mom completely focused on getting her double expresso, half caf mocha latte at the starbucks off the next exit makes a 3 lane shot and cuts a tractor trailer off and hes too slow in reacting to avoid her dumb **** ass and hits her then rolls the truck over killing a bunch of innocent motorists, but ant least its not illegal anymore
    shit happens with or without weed and it happens even more quickly when a tight ball of traffic is moving along at 75mph in a 50mph all heading back east as i was just in tonight on RT80
    you assume people aren't already driving high or drunk or tired and there will be a change in how often there are incidents, just like non gun owners assume that little plastic sticker with the cross through the gun means no one is going to carry beyond it and there won't be a shooting, be it bad or in self defense.

i won't trade liberty for safety and hope that the soccer mom bites it with whatever winds up under the truck. it'd be fair.
    there always exists the option of maintaining a safe distance. although it sometimes poses the risk of being rear ended by all the rest of the highway.
    Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    as a federally regulated commercial operator, I won't be allowed to smoke it. here's why. testing only shows positive of amounts....

2 hits at 6 this morning? or, 1 joint and a half at 730 last night?

there's no way to know. cdl drivers will not be allowed. (and, no, I really don't care if we are ever allowed....nope).
    same with 235 people.
    certain medications are supposed to be reported to PSP and they will suspend the 235 until you're done with them.
    my company then also has their own drug/alcohol policies and can fire me for (any reason) but specifically just for showing up looking tired
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Bucks County)

most times us commercial drivers have a split second to avoid the retard drivers on the road when they do something stupid, thats what. including cutting a loaded truck off, passing on the shoulder to get ahead of us since they cant be behind a truck, wait till the last second to get over for a exit, and many other

jake brakes knows, there are many drivers out there that shouldnt be, including lots of CDL drivers , adding a drug that slows reaction times into the mix is bad
    bailout the working class not the freeloading class

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    It costs taxpayers over 120 bucks a day 365 days a year. Where is the profit. In most pot cases there is nothing for forfeiture.
    Besides a bag of kind bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Taxpayer money is free. Everyone knows that.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    I don't care who passes it, as long as the archaic laws against it are repealef
    repealed.
    I'd like to see the archaic gun laws be repealed instead---- so we can protect ourselves from the dumbed down meat heads looking for money to support their drug habits. Do I believe the war on drugs is an absolute failure----Yes. It also gives government an excuse to confiscate property and perform illegal searches. But when government reverses ALL their archaic laws then I'll be on board, but now this is simply pandering to voters and use it as an excuse to tax and regulate even more.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Lancaster County)

Odd to see such push back against regaining liberty and freedom over what you can put into your own body.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    I'd like to see the archaic gun laws be repealed instead---- so we can protect ourselves from the dumbed down meat heads looking for money to support their drug habits. Do I believe the war on drugs is an absolute failure----Yes. It also gives government an excuse to confiscate property and perform illegal searches. But when government reverses ALL their archaic laws then I'll be on board, but now this is simply pandering to voters and use it as an excuse to tax and regulate even more.
    I'll take my freedom slowly rather then not at all.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

i come in and kick you out of your home. eventually i offer to rent your home back to you yet you are still responsible for all costs of home ownership, just as it was before plus the new rent.
    i pay some people to destroy your property and then offer to protect you from it happening again, at a price.
    isn't taking liberty and then offering to sell permission slips back at a higher rate later on extortion?

i'm all for getting it out on the streets as much as possible, the more common it is the harder it is to enforce, same with automatic weapons and anything else they think they have a right to ban or regulate and tax. i'd love to see a johnny appleseed spreading swift links, hemp and dirt weed everywhere. maybe using mudballs and drones.
    whatever makes it so prohibitively expensive to enforce and so widely abundant they couldn't with any reasonable manpower.
    hell, just look at what lengths they have gone to to prohibit the spreading of knowledge of any of a variety of topics. like 3d printing.
    maybe they can sell everyone a printing permit.

but once that permission slip and taxation is in place, everyone will simply be satisfied paying it and you'll ocassionally read about an unauthorized grower being arrested to keep the people in line.
    will any momentum keep that repeal movement going? no it'll die out for a few generations.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Allegheny County)

Good to hear. I see no reason to ban weed but allow booze.

All drug use should be decriminalized and addiction treated as a public health issue vs a criminal one. Take the resources that have been used to put individual users away put it toward stopping distribution and sale of "hard" drugs.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast