Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Federal Legalization of Marijuana is On The Table.

LMAO, I defer to the doctors of neuroscience and physicians on the page. Apparently the AMA and other researchers have got it wrong.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    LMAO, I defer to the doctors of neuroscience and physicians on the page. Apparently the AMA and other researchers have got it wrong.
    Got to love the towers some on here have built up for themselves, to put their pede-stool on.

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    Do you have any idea how much sugar and carbs are in that OJ? You'd be better off with a beer.
    OK , ya talked me into it!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

I dont believe what the .gov ever has to say especially when it comes to health.
    I'm looking into fenbendezole (dewormer for animals) for my cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I dont believe what the .gov ever has to say especially when it comes to health.

Thalidomide is SAFE!

(Monroe County)

What is the definition of disease? Is disease a naturally occurring issue or can we create disease? If we create disease (by we, mankind) does it change and morph our DNA over time? Are psychological issues of the brain a disease? What if those with issues show different brain function on enhanced MRI's? If you get cancer from smoking is that a real disease or just choice. If I smoke all my life and don't get cancer then it must not be a disease?
    Should all people with a disease or injury not be treated medically since obviously Darwin would say they need to be culled from the herd so those weak genes don't get passed on?

Dead serious on those questions.

What is the definition of disease?

Dead serious on those questions.
    disease
    [dəˈzēz]

NOUN
    a disorder of structure or function in a human, animal, or plant, especially one that produces specific signs or symptoms or that affects a specific location and is not simply a direct result of physical injury.
    "bacterial meningitis is a rare disease" · [more]
    synonyms:
    illness · sickness · ill health · infection · ailment · malady · disorder · complaint · affliction · condition · indisposition · upset · problem · trouble · infirmity · disability · [more]
    a particular quality, habit, or disposition regarded as adversely affecting a person or group of people.
    "departmental administration has often led to the dread disease of departmentalitis"

A disease is a particular abnormal condition that negatively affects the structure or function of part or all of an organism, and that is not due to any external injury. Diseases are often known to be medical conditions that are associated with specific symptoms and signs. A disease may be caused by external factors such as pathogens or by internal dysfunctions. For example, internal dysfunctions of the immune system can produce a variety of different diseases, including various forms of immunodeficiency, hypersensitivity, allergies and autoimmune disorders.
    Last edited by abner13; November 29th, 2019 at 08:45 AM.

(Monroe County)

Seems like disease lives in a gray area of definitions. If i smoke does the injury I inflict on my lungs create a disease?

That definition sounds like addiction according to the medical associations. Like diabetes, cancer and heart disease, addiction is caused by a combination of behavioral, environmental and biological factors. Genetic risks factors account for about half of the likelihood that an individual will develop addiction. Addiction involves changes in the functioning of the brain and body.

I have literally asked those questions at various seminars and in classes and get a wide range of answers depending on whether I ask a scientist, physician, physiologist or a moralist. The first 3 seem to somewhat agree.

(Juniata County)

So no brain disease? No PTSD? No depression just get over it? Imagine all the veterans with those fake diseases taking their own lives because of some moral failure. You should write your theory up and send it to the VA. Heck it's not cancer.
    The VA regularly denies that cancer is a disease, at least one that is their problem.

I don't think you could find a soldier who deployed during OEF/OIF who doesn't know multiple people they deployed with who have died of cancer. At this point I figure my odds are somewhere around 1 in 25.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

I always thought a disease was naturally occurring and contagious. Obviously like many things today , it's definition is whatever someone with a bunch of letter behind their name says it is.

The AMA says 'gun violence' is a disease.

The AMA also says my doctor , a DO , is not a doctor , because he does not belong to the AMA.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast