Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Federal Legalization of Marijuana is On The Table.

If pot is legalized the Mejican cartels will need to replace that lost income somehow, any thoughts on how they'll do it?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    If pot is legalized the Mejican cartels will need to replace that lost income somehow, any thoughts on how they'll do it?
    Cocaine , fentanyl , heroin , guns , bologna , , ,

https://www.foxnews.com/us/cbp-seize...market-bologna
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Cocaine , fentanyl , heroin , guns , bologna , , ,

https://www.foxnews.com/us/cbp-seize...market-bologna
    If the Dems have their way their will be a good market for rifles too.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

First a disclaimer/note. I am pro law enforcement, especially our patrolmen on the street and men of general law enforcement. In this post when I reference drug cases, laws and other issues drug related I mean small quantities of Marijuana and maybe very small quantities of some but not all other drugs. I am not writing about king pins armed drug lords and huge shipments etc. Due to my less than skillful application of the written word please ask me to clarify as needed. Thanks ~

At the risk of alienating some members I will say I fully agree with the intent of your reply! Yes, I agree even though I don't smoke the herb (or anything else for that matter), I have to agree with your intent of calling the weed laws 'illegal'. I would only change the wording a bit. What word change? Instead of 'illegal' I think the majority of the drug laws are more immoral and unconstitutional than illegal. I say that because of the way low level drug cases are prosecuted start to finish. That means the entire process is if not rotten to the core, is extremely over ripe! The war on drugs is as bad a failure than other attempts by our government to force their weighted federalized desires on the citizens of the USA especially when the reason for such laws are at best suspicious. seeming to. This reply is getting too wordy as my Niece would tell me... so I will close in agreeing with the old adage Morality cant be legislated!
    “I don't believe in empirical science. I only believe in a priori truth.” ~ Kurt Gödel

The protection of profits made by the gangsters of the Prohibition-era from illegal liquor was the cause of the violence , whether directed at law enforcement , the public , or other gangsters. Not much profit to be made from illegal liquor these days , at least not on the scale of that.

Same with drugs. Take away the risk/profit ratio , and take away the violence. Decriminalize MJ and tax it. Don't see a bunch of violent crime over booze anymore. Though more and more robberies are happening over cigarettes. A common add-on in armed convenience store robberies.
    Home-brewed beer was once illegal. Now home-brew is quite popular , but hasn't led to a marked increase in DUI , or drive-by shootings. Home-grown MJ , if kept to a reasonable limit for personal use really won't start turf wars. Most pot smokers are fairly non-violent.

Some people think outlawing home ammunition loading would cut down the violence rate.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    the mexican cartels have grown to a point where their goal is to control mexico, replacing the existing government.
    my understanding is they control everything from farming to narcotics.
    we dicked around too long to be able to simply starve them out by eliminating the drug laws.

i could always be wrong.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    The protection of profits made by the gangsters of the Prohibition-era from illegal liquor was the cause of the violence , whether directed at law enforcement , the public , or other gangsters. Not much profit to be made from illegal liquor these days , at least not on the scale of that.

Same with drugs. Take away the risk/profit ratio , and take away the violence. Decriminalize MJ and tax it. Don't see a bunch of violent crime over booze anymore. Though more and more robberies are happening over cigarettes. A common add-on in armed convenience store robberies.
    Home-brewed beer was once illegal. Now home-brew is quite popular , but hasn't led to a marked increase in DUI , or drive-by shootings. Home-grown MJ , if kept to a reasonable limit for personal use really won't start turf wars. Most pot smokers are fairly non-violent.

Some people think outlawing home ammunition loading would cut down the violence rate.

Yeah, but just because it hasn't worked for anything else and isn't working now doesn't mean that the debil's lettuce isn't evil and our benevolent government still needs to protect us from it.

Also think of the children

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    So our Congress FINALLY gets to some actual work, and it's to legalize a drug.
    1st they re upped the patriot act so they could spy on everything.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    1st they re upped the patriot act so they could spy on everything.
    yep, temp reauth voted in by dems with overwhelming support.
    slipped into the budget CR.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Bucks County)

so how does that affect "federally regulated" commercial truck drivers? since it wont be an "illegal" drug anymore in the federal governments eyes, you cant be under the "influence of an illegal drug" then and wont require random drug screenings . you think there are alot of truck accidents now, what happens when their reaction times are slowed when some asshat soccer mom completely focused on getting her double expresso, half caf mocha latte at the starbucks off the next exit makes a 3 lane shot and cuts a tractor trailer off and hes too slow in reacting to avoid her dumb **** ass and hits her then rolls the truck over killing a bunch of innocent motorists, but ant least its not illegal anymore
    bailout the working class not the freeloading class

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast