Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Default Re: Federal Legalization of Marijuana is On The Table.

Quote Originally Posted by ProSee4 View Post
    I hope you feel better! I had similar problems when I was younger but grew out it i.e. general anxiety and panic attacks. Back then (high school years) I also smoked a lot of pot. The better the quality of the weed, the more it made me nervous and increased he number of panic attacks. So, I didn't like the effects of pot very much but the real reason I was smoking it was to fit in with my friends who smoked ganja like a congregation of Rastafarian's. I was of that the age when friends and 'fitting in' was one of the top five of things most important. So I used booze, mountain LSD* to be specific it quelled the anxiety that the pot caused! Not a good path to be on my friends! Anyway, your story makes perfect sense to me! Just don't self medicate (please). I have been clean and sober for going ion 15 years now....Gods speed to you ~

* …Moonshine was called mountain LSD around here ~
    I think mine is due to stress from work and family, and yes booze definitely doesn't help.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    So our Congress FINALLY gets to some actual work, and it's to legalize a drug.
    Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    Interestingly, for the first time in his life with millions of miles flown, his luggage had one of those little "we opened your luggage to have a look" tags upon arrival at BWI. (There was nothing to find, he ain't dumb).
    A friend ships it all the time with no issues. He just got back from portland or one of those left coast places,
    from a golf trip. He puts a couple ounces in each bag including golf bag. He gets the tag all the time but
    they never take his weed, and he leaves it right on top so thats the first thing they see.
    He tells me as long as you're not a asshole and try and ship a half pound or so you'll be fine.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    A friend ships it all the time with no issues. He just got back from portland or one of those left coast places,
    from a golf trip. He puts a couple ounces in each bag including golf bag. He gets the tag all the time but
    they never take his weed, and he leaves it right on top so thats the first thing they see.
    He tells me as long as you're not a asshole and try and ship a half pound or so you'll be fine.
    It's not worth losing your 2A rights over - forever.

(York County)

The consensus I've heard is the same: they're not looking for drugs but bombs, and ignore 'personal' amounts. They ARE able to call the cops if they wish to (i.e. as they probably would if they found a key of la coca or similar...). As it happens my buddy wasn't really looking to bring any home anyway.
    DGAF

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorwash View Post
    It's not worth losing your 2A rights over - forever.
    Yeah, kinda my feeling too. Same reason I'm -rigorous- about not carrying in 'verboten' places.
    DGAF

I think mine is due to stress from work and family, and yes booze definitely doesn't help.
    Yes, could be, stress hurts both the body and mind. I really do hope and pray the bad stuff goes away, regards to you and yours ~ : {>
    “I don't believe in empirical science. I only believe in a priori truth.” ~ Kurt Gödel

(Monroe County)

Since the DEA and the FDA regulate and decide what is a schedule 1 drug, why can't they decide that medical MJ isn't? Why so political?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Since the DEA and the FDA regulate and decide what is a schedule 1 drug, why can't they decide that medical MJ isn't? Why so political?
    Well, use our state for example. Most of the people according to the surveys and town hall meetings, the left wants it legalized the right doesn’t.

I believe it’s the Republican from centre county who cried to the news saying he would do everything in his power to stop the state from passing it.

So I believe it’s the same on the federal level. Left wants it. Right does not. And in the past, they have made it political, for whatever reason
    Last edited by The Unknown 1087; November 22nd, 2019 at 06:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown 1087 View Post
    Well, use our state for example. Most of the people according to the surveys and town hall meetings, the left wants it legalized the right doesn’t.

I believe it’s the Republican from centre county who cried to the news saying he would do everything in his power to stop the state from passing it.

So I believe it’s the same on the federal level. Left wants it. Right does not.
    That's a pretty broad generalization, however it does apply to the extremists on both sides.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast