Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 171
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,993
    Rep Power
    21474858

    Default Re: Federal Legalization of Marijuana is On The Table.

    Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    My foot Dr. said he did a thorough check on HEMP. It's legal in PA. Regarding a false positive on a drug test. If purchased from a reputable hemp-derived source you would have to consume the CBD at incredibly high levels.

    I never tried any dope in my life. They say clinical trials to treat chronic pain, anxiety, ADHD, autism diabetes, dementia.

    Hmmm.
    I do 10 or so drops a day of CBD full spectrum, it only has 0.3% THC. I started taking it several months ago for anxiety ( I have it bad).
    I started feeling better, less anxiety. People here and there were saying its all snake oil yada yada.. I started running out of it so I started
    taking real small doses to the point I completely forgot to take it for about 2+ weeks. Sure enough my anxiety started coming back
    with a vengeance. I couldnt figure out why, i felt like I was anxious, very confused. One night about a month ago my stomach started
    hurting real bad like food poisoning.
    I was in a fetal position on the couch for close to 9 hours (until the sun came up) did not sleep a wink, just moaned and groaned, made myself throw up,
    (thinking it was food poisoning) .
    At about 6am I passed out and woke up at 7am feeling no pain what soever. I'm thinking it couldnt have been food poisoning, I didnt get
    sick or anything. Here it was a full blown anxiety attack/nervous breakdown. It killed me for a couple of days afterwards.

    Then it hit me, I haven't been taking my CBD! I found the bottle and started taking it, and ordered a new one. Now I'm feeling a HELL of
    a lot better. I'm a firm believer this stuff works and its not just in your head (placebo). It doesnt get me high or anything, It makes me feel
    normal like a human being should feel.
    If you need pain relief they also make the pure powder form (isolate) I think its called. You mix that with a oil of your liking and it will kill pain.

    Hemp is the next "sliced bread" per-say. It can keep you normal, keep you warm, pull your car out of a ditch, so many uses.
    I'm praying my 40K shares of HEMP reaches its 25-50 dollar a share price, I might be able to retire while I'm still alive

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belly of the BEAST, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1,131
    Rep Power
    19678815

    Default Re: Federal Legalization of Marijuana is On The Table.

    Kind of shocking to see the about face some are starting to have.

    Its a damn good thing to see.

    Bogey is correct, if you want to try to avoid all THC than 99+% CBD isolate is the way to go. Especially for anyone with any kind of concern, more specifically when holding special licenses like CDL, LTCF, etc.

    But i would honestly recommend full spectrum hemp. Its under the legal limit(production wise) but you could get a positive result on a blood test.
    The THC is a potentiator for the CBD and other cannabinoids to fully take effect. It depends on how active your endocannabinoid systems are, the low dose thc 'wakes it up' so to speak, and also has medical benefits of its own.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,993
    Rep Power
    21474858

    Default Re: Federal Legalization of Marijuana is On The Table.

    Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Kind of shocking to see the about face some are starting to have.

    Its a damn good thing to see.

    Bogey is correct, if you want to try to avoid all THC than 99+% CBD isolate is the way to go. Especially for anyone with any kind of concern, more specifically when holding special licenses like CDL, LTCF, etc.

    But i would honestly recommend full spectrum hemp. Its under the legal limit(production wise) but you could get a positive result on a blood test.
    The THC is a potentiator for the CBD and other cannabinoids to fully take effect. It depends on how active your endocannabinoid systems are, the low dose thc 'wakes it up' so to speak, and also has medical benefits of its own.
    I was going to say a member her is very well versed on the subject, but forgot how to spell your name

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,092
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Federal Legalization of Marijuana is On The Table.

    i guess being bent over the barrel gently isn't as bad as being thrown over it.
    5% additional theft on top of the sales tax is better than what many states have dropped on top of the weed.

    would this be 5% in addition to the 12%?
    "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” – John Stark

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belly of the BEAST, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1,131
    Rep Power
    19678815

    Default Re: Federal Legalization of Marijuana is On The Table.

    Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I was going to say a member her is very well versed on the subject, but forgot how to spell your name
    Im happy to answer any questions anyone might have, i can also help with recipes for making your own tinctures and the like from CBD isolate.

    Ive taught several workshops and seminars on hemp and cannabis and its medical efficacy. I also know several growers and processors, product manufacturers, etc.
    I actually pioneered a new method in the industry years ago for the crystalization of CBD isolate powders without degradation.

    My fiance used to have a cbd company as well, but since having our child the focus has been on our coming homestead and eventual farming.

    My point for bringing this all up, is that if anyone has any questions or needs help in any way, please feel free to contact me on here and ill help the best i can.

    CBD allowed me to get off medications that were quite literally killing me.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    3,870
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Federal Legalization of Marijuana is On The Table.

    Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    i guess being bent over the barrel gently isn't as bad as being thrown over it.
    5% additional theft on top of the sales tax is better than what many states have dropped on top of the weed.

    would this be 5% in addition to the 12%?
    I dunno. I wonder if Mad Maddy has any idea how many more gun owners this will generate.
    I know where Hunter's been.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    FarEastTN, Tennessee
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Federal Legalization of Marijuana is On The Table.

    Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I do 10 or so drops a day of CBD full spectrum, it only has 0.3% THC. I started taking it several months ago for anxiety ( I have it bad).
    I started feeling better, less anxiety. People here and there were saying its all snake oil yada yada.. I started running out of it so I started
    taking real small doses to the point I completely forgot to take it for about 2+ weeks. Sure enough my anxiety started coming back
    with a vengeance. I couldnt figure out why, i felt like I was anxious, very confused. One night about a month ago my stomach started
    hurting real bad like food poisoning.
    I was in a fetal position on the couch for close to 9 hours (until the sun came up) did not sleep a wink, just moaned and groaned, made myself throw up,
    (thinking it was food poisoning) .
    At about 6am I passed out and woke up at 7am feeling no pain what soever. I'm thinking it couldnt have been food poisoning, I didnt get
    sick or anything. Here it was a full blown anxiety attack/nervous breakdown. It killed me for a couple of days afterwards.

    Then it hit me, I haven't been taking my CBD! I found the bottle and started taking it, and ordered a new one. Now I'm feeling a HELL of
    a lot better. I'm a firm believer this stuff works and its not just in your head (placebo). It doesnt get me high or anything, It makes me feel
    normal like a human being should feel.
    If you need pain relief they also make the pure powder form (isolate) I think its called. You mix that with a oil of your liking and it will kill pain.

    Hemp is the next "sliced bread" per-say. It can keep you normal, keep you warm, pull your car out of a ditch, so many uses.
    I'm praying my 40K shares of HEMP reaches its 25-50 dollar a share price, I might be able to retire while I'm still alive

    I hope you feel better! I had similar problems when I was younger but grew out it i.e. general anxiety and panic attacks. Back then (high school years) I also smoked a lot of pot. The better the quality of the weed, the more it made me nervous and increased he number of panic attacks. So, I didn't like the effects of pot very much but the real reason I was smoking it was to fit in with my friends who smoked ganja like a congregation of Rastafarian's. I was of that the age when friends and 'fitting in' was one of the top five of things most important. So I used booze, mountain LSD* to be specific it quelled the anxiety that the pot caused! Not a good path to be on my friends! Anyway, your story makes perfect sense to me! Just don't self medicate (please). I have been clean and sober for going ion 15 years now....Gods speed to you ~

    * …Moonshine was called mountain LSD around here ~
    Last edited by ProSee4; November 22nd, 2019 at 12:00 PM.
    “I don't believe in empirical science. I only believe in a priori truth.” ~ Kurt Gödel

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Middle of PA, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,968
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Federal Legalization of Marijuana is On The Table.

    So our Congress FINALLY gets to some actual work, and it's to legalize a drug.
    Psalms 73:26

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Hampden Township, Pennsylvania
    (Cumberland County)
    Posts
    1,030
    Rep Power
    21474841

    Default Re: Federal Legalization of Marijuana is On The Table.

    Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    i guess being bent over the barrel gently isn't as bad as being thrown over it.
    5% additional theft on top of the sales tax is better than what many states have dropped on top of the weed.

    would this be 5% in addition to the 12%?
    A friend of mine was recently in Colorado and bought some. IIRC Colorado has 20% tax on it. He said it was still cheaper than getting it "informally" in the old days.

    The stuff he got said it had 20% THC content (20% of what??)... All I know is for him - having not had any for years - he says it took only one hit to do the job nicely for a couple hours. He bought two joints and didn't quite finish the 2nd one even during a 4-day long weekend.

    The place he visited was a resort / hot springs little town in the mountains. Very quaint, very touristy, very bohemian: lots of tie-dye and posters of Jimi Hendrix. He said basically everyone was high: waitresses, bartenders, hotel staff, etc.

    Interestingly, for the first time in his life with millions of miles flown, his luggage had one of those little "we opened your luggage to have a look" tags upon arrival at BWI. (There was nothing to find, he ain't dumb).
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Ben Franklin.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SEPA, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Age
    72
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Federal Legalization of Marijuana is On The Table.

    Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    So our Congress FINALLY gets to some actual work, and it's to legalize a drug.
    I look at more as removing illegal laws.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Legalization Of Semis In PA For Hunting
    By DaveyC in forum Hunting
    Replies: 215
    Last Post: May 22nd, 2010, 09:04 PM
  2. Replies: 25
    Last Post: July 25th, 2009, 10:31 AM
  3. The legalization of illicit drug debate.
    By axmdr40 in forum General
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: March 20th, 2007, 11:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops