Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Pa. Dems lose a state senator: John Yudichak of Luzerne County declares himself ind

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2019/1...-with-gop.html

A state senator from Luzerne County said Tuesday he is changing his party registration from the Democratic Party to become an Independent, and will start attending caucus meeting in Harrisburg with the majority Republicans.

John Yudichak said in a statement that he is leaving his old party because he is weary of “'purist' politicians who demand that you choose a battle camp. You must pass their litmus test, and declare if you support ‘us,’ or ‘them.’"

Yudichak, who won his third term in the Senate in 2018, said he believes that going forward he will best be able to serve the interests of his constituents as an independent, supporting Democratic and / or Republican ideas case by case when he believes they “serve the greater good and help government work for people rather than the narrow interests of the partisan ‘purists.’”

In a phone interview after he made his announcement, Yudichak said his move is the culmination of a growing feeling that the Democratic caucus in the Senate - which added a number of more liberal Democrats in the last election cycle - has become a harder place for him to represent his constituents from northeastern Pennsylvania.

Yudichak, 49, cited what he felt was a lack of recent support within the caucus for regional issues he was battling for, like a tax credit to help the waste coal industry, or the preventing the closure of state prisons and state centers for the mentally retarded.

“It became clear to me that I was going to be a marginalized voice, or worse, a silent voice, if i continued in that caucus,” Yudichak said.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Chester County)

Default Re: Pa. Dems lose a state senator: John Yudichak of Luzerne County declares himself i

#Walkaway

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Pa. Dems lose a state senator: John Yudichak of Luzerne County declares himself i

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshift View Post
    #Walkaway
    I believe this move makes it nearly impossible for Dems to take control of the PA Senate.....We'll see though. Soros and company are scrambling to "fix things" right....

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Yudichak, at least 2 election cycles ago, was pro2a and I voted for him at least once. I can understand his move given the political polarization. He was often at local events with my former State Rep Doyle Heffley, a Republican.

(Chester County)

If you are in his district it might be a good idea to write him a note thanking him for standing up to the Dems. Real pro-2A Dems (if any exist) need to know that they have support if they abandon that party.

(Beaver County)

Independents usually vote with the democrats. They are dem lite.

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    Independents usually vote with the democrats. They are dem lite.
    The elected ones at least. (Think Bernie Sanders and Angus King)

"Independent" voters are usually just mad at both parties and could go either way.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Chester County)

It's pretty telling that a Democrat is abandoning his party and will caucus with Republicans because Rs will allow opposing viewpoints to be debated, and the Ds will not.
    Don't leftists accuse us of being closed minded?

(York County)

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...switches-indep
    His stances on issues won’t change, such as backing some of Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf’s signature issues, he said.

Adding to the tightrope Yudichak will walk, he said he would continue to fundraise for Democratic candidates and back Democrat Joe Biden in the 2020 race for president.
    The first thing I thought of ---- Arlen Specter...

https://www.nationalreview.com/2004/...se-larry-pratt
    That day, the Senate Judiciary Committee was voting on a broad ban of certain rifles and shotguns. Arlen Specter was not present. Excuses were offered. At the last minute, in came Arlen Specter, only to announce he was not prepared to vote on the issue, thus allowing the gun ban to pass by a single vote.

Wayne LaPierre of the NRA told the Erie Morning News, accurately, that “basically, Specter just decided to be absent.” Had Specter voted against the bill in committee, that would have killed it then and there.
    A Wolf (supporter) in Sheep's Clothing............ ??? ..............

(Bucks County)

He has said he will attend GOP caucuses and meetings----The bottom line it's about the numbers for now. Dems have 1 less in their eyes and on paper. How he votes is another story. FWIW, he has an 87% rating from the NRA regarding being pro gun. That's higher than most SE PA Republicans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast