Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default City Council passes new gun regulation in spite of state's preemption law

Freaking Philadelphia red flag law in the city of Kenny signs it into law...I’m tired of these communist disobeying law.

https://www.phillytrib.com/news/loca...bbb8d67a9.html

Philadelphia City Council passed a new gun regulation on Thursday that will no doubt face a legal challenge at the state level if Mayor Jim Kenney signs it.

The legislation would establish a court process to temporarily remove firearms from individuals who pose an imminent threat to themselves or the public — commonly known as a “red flag” law.

However, the state’s “preemption” law prohibits local governments from regulating firearms, requiring the General Assembly to sign off on all gun laws.

City Councilman Curtis Jones, who introduced the bill last year, said he believed his legislation could overcome the state’s preemption law.

“We’ve been given encouraging news from the Law Department that it does have legs to stand on,” said the Democrat from the 4th District. “We may get sued, but until it goes through the courts, it is the law of the city of Philadelphia.”

Mike Dunn, a spokesman for the Kenney administration, said in an email that the legislation will be reviewed by the city’s Law Department, but stopped short of saying whether the mayor will sign the bill.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Bucks County)

Default Re: City Council passes new gun regulation in spite of state's preemption law

starts in Shitsburg, now spreads to douchbagdelphia, hey mayor dumbass, how would it helped stop the 4 shootings this weekend? thats right it wouldnt have
    when will a judge with a spine put these law flaunting criminals in the grey bar hotel with a guy named bubba ,where they belong?
    bailout the working class not the freeloading class

(Bucks County)

Default Re: City Council passes new gun regulation in spite of state's preemption law

Another feel good law....but will do nothing to stop the hood from being shot up..

Anyone in that area want to plan a protest?
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

I would attend.

Of course our lame GOP House is stalling the pre-emption law that would make it harder for local governments to infringe without consequence. What are the chances good ol' Larry Krasner would prosecute Kenney for his criminal acts in violating the existing law? The Dems know this and are going to bleed us white by adopting these laws across the state, forcing us to litigate each and every one.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Anyone in that area want to plan a protest?
    What pro 2A groups are in the Philly area that have resources for organizing a protest ?
    What's involved with organizing a protest ?
    --ET

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    What pro 2A groups are in the Philly area that have resources for organizing a protest ?
    What's involved with organizing a protest ?
    We put together a counter protest in 2014/2015 (I believe) when the "Heeding God's call" protested a gun shop in Philly-----We had 50-70 protesters in a week's notice. They had, maybe , a dozen. Depending on the day, I'm in. I will reach out to "Black guns matter" and see what can be done.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Philadelphia County)

Deal me in.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Juniata County)

Black Guns Matter would likely joined. As Would Pink Pistols.

Both are HQed in Philly.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Chester County)

Let's make a deal with Kenny. He makes the law. BUT if another shooting happens in philly, he must sell all of his possessions and give the money to the NRA and never enter any government job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast