Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Chester County)

Default Re: This has got to be bull ****

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralRaptor2002 View Post
    Ok, what the heck is your friend on probation for? If he won't tell you (or you think he isn't telling the truth) you can check here: https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CP.aspx
    Usually, they only impose weapons-related conditions if your crime involved the use of a weapon. Or, if you were convicted of an offense that results in the FEDERAL firearm ban, you will probably have a "no firearms" condition.

Also, it's usually not a good idea to be around troublemakers. If you lie down with dogs, you get fleas. Many people in my town were told by their parents not to hang out with me after I got in trouble. It took years to convince them I'd changed. I changed schools (Public-Private) and started hanging around with much more decent people.

If your friend does drugs be real careful. If he puts them in an area of the house accessible to you, you may be at risk. People have been convicted of drug possession even though they didn't "own" the drugs.
    According to him he plead guilty to theft from his employer ( stealing from a register) , he was homeless at the time so the police only looked at him. He took a plea deal instead of risking court. This happned in Virginia.
    He has refused drinks when at my house. I'm pretty darn sure I do more drugs then him ( vape tabacco and drink rarely)

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    A knife as mentioned is not covered by the 2A.
    Says who?

SCOTUS says "all instruments that constitute bearable arms" are included. https://tinyurl.com/ra3gerl
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by 7thmoosefromtheleft View Post
    Sort of,but it was way too late to change plans, and this deal keeps getting worse and worse
    While there definitely blame to go around from both sides on this cluster fuck, here's what I'd do:
    lay out a plan to prevent access to weapons from your friend (deadbolts, safes, tripwires, claymores, etc.)
    run said plan by a COMPETENT lawyer (possibly wouldn't need to be face-to-face with them? a couple of good guys are on this board.)
    figure out what YOUR legal requirements are. if you are primary on the lease, is the place legally considered yours? if so it's your buddy who's got all the problems, not you.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Allegheny County)

So, all knives are considered weapons and prohibited? How do you guys butter your bread? How do you cut a steak?
    Toujours pręt

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    While there definitely blame to go around from both sides on this cluster fuck, here's what I'd do:
    lay out a plan to prevent access to weapons from your friend (deadbolts, safes, tripwires, claymores, etc.)
    run said plan by a COMPETENT lawyer (possibly wouldn't need to be face-to-face with them? a couple of good guys are on this board.)
    figure out what YOUR legal requirements are. if you are primary on the lease, is the place legally considered yours? if so it's your buddy who's got all the problems, not you.
    My understanding is it does not matter what a lawyer says unless I plan of sueing the po/state as he can cart off my room mate off on a whim he says not in the house OR my car. And unless I want to go to court thems the breaks. I guess I was wondering of any one herd of this BS specifically in my car.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    So, all knives are considered weapons and prohibited? How do you guys butter your bread? How do you cut a steak?
    Anything with a pointed tip was hinted... so spikes are no sheeps foot blades maybe ?

Anything with a pointed tip was hinted... so spikes are no sheeps foot blades maybe ?
    Just how crazy is your roommate?
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Allegheny County)

Probation Rules for Allegheny county (check your county):

https://www.alleghenycourts.us/crimi...ion/rules.aspx

"You may not possess any firearm, ammunition, or prohibited offensive weapon as a defined in 18 Pa. C.S.A. § 908 while you are under court supervision. This includes on your person, in your residence or in your vehicle."

"possession is what most of us think of as possession—that is, having physical custody or control of an object"

https://codes.findlaw.com/pa/title-1...ct-18-908.html

Prohibited offensive weapon:

"(c) Definitions.--As used in this section, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them in this subsection:“Firearm.”  Any weapon which is designed to or may readily be converted to expel any projectile by the action of an explosive or the frame or receiver of any such weapon.“Offensive weapons.”  Any bomb, grenade, machine gun, sawed-off shotgun with a barrel less than 18 inches, firearm specially made or specially adapted for concealment or silent discharge, any blackjack, sandbag, metal knuckles, dagger, knife, razor or cutting instrument, the blade of which is exposed in an automatic way by switch, push-button, spring mechanism, or otherwise, any stun gun, stun baton, taser or other electronic or electric weapon or other implement for the infliction of serious bodily injury which serves no common lawful purpose."

IANAL , but to me a knife in your pocket is not in his possession. Out of your pocket while in the house, under lock and key (to me) would also prevent his possession. Along with that, those two locations would seem to be out of the realm of the PO to search.

Last edited by Hawk; November 16th, 2019 at 11:31 AM.
    Toujours pręt

(Chester County)

My understanding is it does not matter what a lawyer says unless I plan of sueing the po/state as he can cart off my room mate off on a whim he says not in the house OR my car. And unless I want to go to court thems the breaks. I guess I was wondering of any one herd of this BS specifically in my car.
    It wouldn't be a bad idea to talk to a lawyer and pay him his fee to call the PO to tell them what the law is and that he'll be watched and reported if he does not obey the law. Let him know he's now on probation.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Lancaster County)

Are there knives in the kitchen used for the preparation of food, or has the PO seized all of them? Seems odd that the PO is focused on a tool carried in someone's pocket while there are much larger knives freely available somewhere else in the house.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123