Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: SMALL Weapon Lights for AR15 Pistols / SBRs

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I ordered from Smoky Mountain Knife Works around 2:20am and got a very professional, detailed order confirmation at 2:37am.

There may end up being a Black Friday deal somewhere that is better, but I doubt it.
    I was in Sevierville TN this past September and visited the Smoky Mountain Knife Works shop......its freaking unbelievable. You know when you go into a department store and the perfume or jewelry counters are each dedicated to a specific brand? That's what SMK was like. Whole dedicated counters to freaking 50 different knife brands, and multiples or each model.......had to be 10's of thousands of knives there. They also have a gun sales department, but I didn't find any real deals there. I wandered around in there for almost two hours with my son, and when we were leaving, I saw that there was a whole downstairs that we never made it to. So we went back the next afternoon to check out the lower level.....aside from a shoe and boot section, there was some household decorating stuff, an entire kitchen section, and what they had posted as the Relic Room. The Relic Room was more a museum (with price tags on everything!) that was freaking American History right in front of your eyes. Showcases and displays from Revolutionary War era through Civil War, Turn of the century, World War 1, WW2, Cold War, Korea, up through the 70's. Military and civilian artifacts, pop culture and clothing, letters, photos, coins and currency, it was really neat. I'd encourage everyone to make the stop there if ever on the way off ot I-40 toward Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg.

And Bud's Gun Shop shares the same parking lot, Bud's is back about 100 yards in a different plaza, but had some nice bargains. This was in early September, they had a pallet of Ruger AR556's for $469. Range in the store and full auto available to rent.

(Westmoreland County)

IDK if there have been any photos of the O-light. The one in the photo is currently on a 12.5 inch pistol. The buttons are easy to activate with my thumb or fingers--no need for a tail light switch. It's very bright. I like that it is rechargeable. I want to get a solar powered charging device. It seems very useful if there is a situation where batteries would be unavailable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for adding that!
    Low enough to mount on TOP while not blocking the sights.

Wouldn't work on my Aero Precision ALPHA S-ONE, but my Aero Quantum could have a rail section added on the top for a light.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Thanks for adding that!
    Low enough to mount on TOP while not blocking the sights.

Wouldn't work on my Aero Precision ALPHA S-ONE, but my Aero Quantum could have a rail section added on the top for a light.
    I think I paid $109 for the light, not sure. I bought it and the mini valkyrie. Received a free keychain light which is USB rechargeable as well and is unbelievably bright--it BRIGHTLY lit up my entire stairwell (and, it lit up the room at the top of my stairs as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I think I paid $109 for the light, not sure. I bought it and the mini valkyrie. Received a free keychain light which is USB rechargeable as well and is unbelievably bright--it BRIGHTLY lit up my entire stairwell (and, it lit up the room at the top of my stairs as well).
    I just checked my account and last Black Friday I paid $107.96 for the PL-2 Valkyrie, and a PL-Mini. It also came with the key chain I3E EOS and a duel charging cord. The PL-2 Valkyrie was $59.97 by itself at the time. I liked the lights so much I purchased the PL-PRO about 6 months ago for $94.00 on sale. I was hoping they Wil have the
    PL-2 Valkyrie on sale again this year for what I paid last year so I can grab another.

(Westmoreland County)

I just checked. I paid $103.96 for the PL Pro in that photograph. It was on sale in July 2019. PL2 Mini Valkyrie was $62.97.

(Allegheny County)

This video isn't exactly a wealth of knowledge - mostly common sense - but it DID remind me that I overlooked something about choosing a mounting location.
    I forgot about the sling because I don't have it yet.
    Definitely factors into how you do things.

(Allegheny County)

Not necessarily related to SBRs, but pretty good overview of the basics

(Allegheny County)

This is what I was leaning heavily towards getting before deciding on the more affordable Crimson Trace.
    The Elzetta Alpha - there's an older model with 315 lumens (current model is 415) for $85 which is a great price for this particular light.
    I like the simplicity of the momentary tail cap and the option I chose was the twist cap to go from high/low.

Seems to be outstandingly rugged. Made in USA and lifetime warranty.
    The size is right at about the max I would want, but should still work.
    I may find myself getting one at some point.

Elzetta has a good reputation among the more affordable tactical and EDC lights so it would have been a solid choice.

I didn't watch the above videos you posted because I can't find my ear buds and if I wake my wife up at 3am I'm getting punched in the yam sack. I don't know if this is the same info, but this is how I was taught to mount a light on all long guns and a few years back and I definitely agree with it so I will throw this up there too because why not.

Reed knows his shit too.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast