Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: SMALL Weapon Lights for AR15 Pistols / SBRs

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    Those tiny lights are for up close when you don't want to light up the entire room, kind of like the amount of light you get from a keychain light.

I use offset M-LOK mounts with ProTac lights on my SBRs and they are up and out of the way.
    I have the same length rail you have on my 300 BO. Having the light high on the rail makes a BIG difference on short rails.

I mount them on the right side and activate them with my thumb because I don't like tape witches and wires.

Swap out picatinny mount with an M-Lok mount, just make sure the M-Lok screws
    are not hitting the gas block or the muzzle device. The M-lok mounting screws will push the barrel over on thin handguards when you tighten them.
    You may have to grind the screws down.

You can get Streamlight ProTac lights and mounts for FREE,
    or very close to it with Cabela's points if you have their card.
    I got them on everything because you can't beat the price.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/STRE....uts?slotId=10

They are programable so you can set them up the way you want them

I found a video that shows how they work and where they sit on the rail with the M-Lok mount.
    He has M-lok slots on the rail where I don't so he has a surface mount, I need the angled mount but the light sits in the same spot on both rails.
    Thanks for the video. I THOUGHT I understood you, but yes, the video clarified positioning.

Funny because I have a small "tac light" with a tail cap switch that I was wondering if I could mount. When fiddling around, it seemed that "up top on the right" would keep it out of my way because my thumb would be blocked if it were on the left.

This is the mount I use.
    https://www.magpul.com/products/m-lo...uctColor=VO343

If you want to clamp a hand held tac light to the above mount you can use this if the light will fit in the loops. https://www.magpul.com/products/ligh...uctColor=VO343

For a handheld tac light you will need both mounts.
    Last edited by :-); November 19th, 2019 at 08:25 AM.

Roll your own for cheap - UTG Offset Mount and an inexpensive flashlight like a Streamlight Polytac or Sofirn SP31. The UTG has sleeves so you can pick a flashlight with a diameter to match. You may need to use electrical tape to fill the void and get a firm clamp.

(Wyoming County)

I'm happy with a Streamlight TLR 3 that I initially had on a handgun and then put it on my CZ Scorpion.

125 Lumen and $78.xx on Amazon free shipping

https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-6...3792797&sr=8-3

Last edited by ExFlyinguy; November 15th, 2019 at 12:46 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Roll your own for cheap - UTG Offset Mount and an inexpensive flashlight like a Streamlight Polytac or Sofirn SP31. The UTG has sleeves so you can pick a flashlight with a diameter to match. You may need to use electrical tape to fill the void and get a firm clamp.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'll try ordering a rail segment, and/or a universal light mount first.

I have one very small light that may work and it has a momentary tail cap switch.
    I have another one that will definitely work, but the tail cap switch is DEAD. (verified by trying another cap that unfortunatley doesn't fit, but the contact touched enough to operate the light to confirm that the other switch is not working)
    I have a third one that may work, but it's a bit larger than I'd like.

Don't know if they will hold up to recoil, but I did get a remote pressure switch with the largest one when I got it.

(Bucks County)

Since not a lot of lumens seems to be ok with everyone, and the need for something really small seems utmost, I think I have the ultimate solution!
    Take that 20 lumen unit, an anvil, and a five-pound sledge, beat the ever-loving shit out of it, turning it frequently, Damascus-style, until it is the size of a SwissMiss hot cocoa mini-marshmallow after five minutes of floating around the swirling black lava pool of chocolatey goodness. Then, wipe it off, cut the end off of a AAAA, not AAA, because that won’t work, but a AAAA and squeeze (toothpaste tube style, rolling it from the bottom) it until you get all the lumen-producing little particles out onto your new micro-mini tactical weapon light. Ok, it won’t be very bright, but oh boy is it ever small.
    Oh, if you can’t get all the little particles to squeeze into your new light, smear them on your lips. Trust me, women find that so hot!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I do have an OLD (probably as old as some people on this forum) Insight Technologies M3-LED for my G19
    I got one of those when I bought my G19 ages ago. It's dim and just chews through batteries.

I'm in the process of swapping my rifles over to these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

I like them because you can use the USB rechargeable 18650s in them.

I think something like that mounted on the right side of the gun with an offset mount and a tape switch would work fine. It's not small but it'd be out of the way.

(Allegheny County)

This is a pretty neat setup that I just ordered last night. The light itself is nice and short, so it won't take up much real estate on an AR pistol handguard (CZ Scorpion in my case). The fact that it comes with a tape switch and a direct M-Lok mount all for $70 is what sold me.

https://www.crimsontrace.com/01-8560

(Lancaster County)

Granted its a questionable brand, but, it fits your list I think

https://www.amazon.com/WML/dp/B07L8LBVTN

Their pretty small, I have one on my AR

Last edited by lts1ow; November 15th, 2019 at 09:33 AM.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    I got one of those when I bought my G19 ages ago. It's dim and just chews through batteries.

I'm in the process of swapping my rifles over to these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

I like them because you can use the USB rechargeable 18650s in them.

I think something like that mounted on the right side of the gun with an offset mount and a tape switch would work fine. It's not small but it'd be out of the way.

I was looking at some of the handheld Streamlight Pro Tac lights - Wasn't sure if they would be rated for recoil though.
    Gotta be better than the cheap Chinese Amazon offerings though.

This one is 350 lumens and can use 2 types of batteries - need to confirm if tail cap has momentary.
    https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-8...56&sr=8-6&th=1

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast