Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bradford County)

Default Mossberg Shockwave

First of...Iv looked through the search for this and yes i found a bunch of info but nothing really concrete.

I am looking to order a Mossberg Shock-wave from a dealer online. But after reading some of these post about it im not to sure. Is the shockwave legal to own in PA? I am not worried about carrying it loaded in a vehicle or conceal carrying this hog by no means. I just want it for the fun factor and potential HD shotty. Just want to be on the safe side and sure before I plunk down 300 bones for it.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H.L.Mencken

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Mossberg Shockwave

When they were first released there was serious consideration that they could be Prohibited Offensive Weapons that wouldn't be legal to own.

However, the PSP has pretty much put their blessing on them and determined them to be "firearms", which is classified the same as a handgun. ..requiring a PSP Record of Sale. Which also means your LTCF allows you to carry them concealed or in a vehicle.

Pretty much all of the gun shops around here sell them, or have them listed on their websites, or will order you one if you want it.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

It comes with a letter.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Super38 View Post
    First of...Iv looked through the search for this and yes i found a bunch of info but nothing really concrete.

I am looking to order a Mossberg Shock-wave from a dealer online. But after reading some of these post about it im not to sure. Is the shockwave legal to own in PA? I am not worried about carrying it loaded in a vehicle or conceal carrying this hog by no means. I just want it for the fun factor and potential HD shotty. Just want to be on the safe side and sure before I plunk down 300 bones for it.
    I would shoot one first.
    Seriously.

I shot DukeConners. Ha.

Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    I would shoot one first.
    Seriously.

I shot DukeConners. Ha.

I agree with this. They are little more then a range toy or perhaps a tent gun. It would be very low on the list for self defense. It in no way can replace a shotgun with a stock.

(Clearfield County)

I was very tempted until I really looked at one at a shop. Picked it up and had the immediate realization "this thing would suck to shoot".

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    I was very tempted until I really looked at one at a shop. Picked it up and had the immediate realization "this thing would suck to shoot".
    they arent bad to shoot, actually more comfortable than a pistol grip shotgun. imo they are a "range toy" not that there is anything wrong with that, could be used as a breaching toolas well

(Armstrong County)

I was thinking of getting one as a bed side gun.

Held one at a gun shop.... I dug it.

Then I shot one..... That thing is now taken off my list.. even as a range toy.

To give you an idea..... Another friend had a desert eagle .50ae at the second instance. The desert eagle was more manageable and practical than the shockwave

(Lackawanna County)

Aim low & have a blast!!

I love my Shockwave, but it is little more than a range toy.

(Bradford County)

Thanks for the input gentlemen.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast