Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default re: transcripts from my hearing: (anyone does this before?)

Ok, I asked when I went in to get this and the woman said "I can't answer you because you're asking me for legal advice." Yeah, ok.

The paperwork I have to fill out says:

"I certify that I have given a copy of this request to the opposing counsel, the Prothonotary, or Clerk of Court, the Court Administrator and, in the case of an appeal to the Clerk of the Appellate Court."

I was just asking her to clarify exactly who I need to give copies to in this case. I don't want anyone denying the damn thing for something stupid. It looks to me like I need 2 or 3 copies but I am not appealing the judge's decision rather the sheriff's decision and that's all over with so does THAT kind of appeal count as far as the last sentence? I was asking the woman in the clerk's office too so try and tell me she would not know who gets a copy. It says I am to submit a COPY so are those the ONLY copies I need to submit or do I need to submit one somewhere else? She wouldn't answer that one either?

The next part says it is to be filled out by the stenographer and returned to the party requesting the transcript but here I am confused again:

Estimated number of pages requested transcript

Estimated cost of requested transcript

I certify that I have received the sum of _________ representing on-half the estimated cost of the transcript.

Now how is the person supposed to certify that last part when there is nothing here telling me how much to pay (on the next page it gives a range of how much it will cost per page but I have no idea how many pages it will be) and it does not tell me to remit payment when I send this nor do I know who in the hell I am supposed to send who knows how many copies to. Maybe I am just too challenged to figure this out. It seems like there is some missing information here. Are they going to call me and tell me how many pages, wait for payment and THEN fill that part in. On the next page it says the court reporter gets paid.

So if anyone can shed any light on this I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to get all of these copies submitted today so I can get a copy of the transcripts ASAP. TIA.

(Chester County)

Default Re: transcripts from my hearing: (anyone does this before?)

I called the other day and spoke with a woman named Debbie. She said the transcript wouldn't be ready until the middle of next week at the earliest. She said if I had the case # it would be easier to look it up. She said to call her next Wed or Thurs to see if it is available.

(Lebanon County)

200802149 and the stenographer's name is Deb Zaletine (I was told you would need her name too)

ETA: My thoughts are that if I put in a request TODAY then as soon as it's ready they have no reason to delay getting it to me. They have the request, the transcripts are ready, so they should just copy them and send them out (as soon as they're paid).
    Last edited by shefearsnothing; October 17th, 2008 at 10:15 AM.

I found the form you are speaking of on your county's website.

(Lebanon County)

yes, that would be it. Now if someone could just answer my 20 questions. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    yes, that would be it. Now if someone could just answer my 20 questions. LOL
    Maybe someone in your attorney's office could help you?

(Lebanon County)

HG, I sent him an email and have yet to get a reply so.....

(Beaver County)

I had to fill out a similar form to get transcripts from Mtn Jack's hearing. I was told to fill it out and take it back to the Prothonotary who would then have a judge sign it. They are supposed to call me and let me know how much it will cost so I can go in and pay the deposit. It's been about three days, but I have yet to hear from them.

(Lebanon County)

My attorney got back to me and supplied me with some other form I should submit with it that "certifies" that I have submitted copies to all the parties specified. I am mailing all the copies to mandatory parties CERTIFIED mail with receipt requested so no one (you know, like opposing council ) can say they didn't get it. These will all go out tomorrow so they should have everything by Monday. Hopefully everything will be ready by mid-week and I'll have an estimate for the pages then and will be able to get my copy shortly thereafter.

(Monroe County)

Well your famous over here you made it into the stars and stripes Sat edition...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast