Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wayne County)

Default SA Victor 308 vs WW SRC 308?

My local FFL has both a Springfield Armory Victor 308 and a Wyndham Weaponry SRC 308. They're both about $1150. The SA has a light profile barrel 4140 CMV versus the WW's medium profile 4150 CMV barrel. Furthermore SA comes with flip up sights, WW doesnt. Which one of these two do you think is the better choice?

Default Re: SA Victor 308 vs WW SRC 308?

WW (the former original Bushmaster) has always made great AR Pattern rifles and have been doing it for a long time.

If you plan to put a lot of rounds through this consecutively then the medium profile barrel should deal with heat better and the 4150 steel is superior to the other.

I’m not a fan of SF and won’t buy their products due to their back stabbing ceo and his anti 2A shenanigans in IL a few years back but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t.

If you want another couple very good options to check out look at Aero Percision and Stag’s offerings. Very good performance and accuracy for the price.

(Wayne County)

Thanks for the advise. Youre right the WW barrel is better.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    WW (the former original Bushmaster) has always made great AR Pattern rifles and have been doing it for a long time.

If you plan to put a lot of rounds through this consecutively then the medium profile barrel should deal with heat better and the 4150 steel is superior to the other.

I’m not a fan of SF and won’t buy their products due to their back stabbing ceo and his anti 2A shenanigans in IL a few years back but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t.

If you want another couple very good options to check out look at Aero Percision and Stag’s offerings. Very good performance and accuracy for the price.
    I would avoid the SF for this reason also plus WW makes a good firearm.

(Wayne County)

My local FFL just said he can do the WW 308 new for $1000 out the door.

(Wayne County)

I picked up the WW308 for $1000 out the door and put 40 rounds through it. The recoil wasnt bad at all, i thought it'd be like shooting a 12 gauge slug. Recoil feels a little more than my AR15 5.56. I didnt do any accuracy test yet. I have a Vortex Strike Eagle scope for it, might get some magpul iron sights and a QD mount bipod since it came with M4 handguards.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    I picked up the WW308 for $1000 out the door and put 40 rounds through it. The recoil wasnt bad at all, i thought it'd be like shooting a 12 gauge slug. Recoil feels a little more than my AR15 5.56. I didnt do any accuracy test yet. I have a Vortex Strike Eagle scope for it, might get some magpul iron sights and a QD mount bipod since it came with M4 handguards.
    Post your new toy over in the What did you buy thread.

(Wayne County)

I took it out to the range again, and there seems to be some play between the upper and lower. I can see sunlight shining through the gap of the upper and lower. Is this normal?