Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: T.V. Hunting shows are really pissing my off

Quote Originally Posted by toadyoforangeville View Post
    Well then, Why don't we have our own show here on the fourm????? Starring the people on here. It could be done that would be awsome. I think so any way.
    THAT'S A GREAT IDEA!!!

We already have Poofa radio. Now we can have "PAFOA true outdoors"

Or something catchy like that. You guys are already out there hunting. All we need is a few video cameras.

Thats' the best thing about computers and the internet. You don't like what the networks are putting out? Well, do something about it.

Well, who's going to be the first to sell sponsorship on their hunting clothes?

(York County)

the first chance i get ill get my fiance to film a hunt, but she doesnt get a chance to come out with me too often for deer, but ill also get some squirrel hunts on tape, and ill def. video her gun hunting....yea tiffany would get it
    "Skin that'n pilgrim, and I'll git ya another"

(Chester County)

A soon as I see the hunter on one of those shows step into a full surround ground blind or one of those elevated Johnny on the spot blinds, I change the channel. Those guys do us all a disservice by making people think thats what hunting is all about. If you can't man up and tough it out in the elements like real hunters, then you don't deserve my attention IMO. I swear one time I saw a small heater in one of those blinds. Yeah they're real hunters all right!

I'd like to see Bill Jordan(by the way idiot, its pronounced Jooordan not Jeerdan, you moron, look at the spelling) get a deer by hunting like we do in Pa, not shacked up in some cozy little hut with hot java and toasty footwarmers behind the camera. What a joke.

(Tioga County)

I myself can't stand any of the "hunting" shows anymore. They are all half hour commercials for whatever product is sponsoring them
    I don't know or see many real hunters out there that can afford all the equipment and gadgets these guys use.
    The average deer hunter usually can only hunt a few days a year. Many times going home empty handed. No shame in that. Thats why its called hunting and not catching.
    I actually believe if one of those TV hunters did hunt like the majority of us, he would never see a deer, let alone shoot one. Probably get lost and die of exposure.
    The guy who has hunted a few days a year and finally gets one after ten or twelve years, he's a hunter. Not many people can afford to hunt in the locations the TV hunters do. To me the shows are like sitcoms, interesting, sometimes funny once in a while, but in the end are pure fiction.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Poonie View Post
    A soon as I see the hunter on one of those shows step into a full surround ground blind or one of those elevated Johnny on the spot blinds, I change the channel. Those guys do us all a disservice by making people think thats what hunting is all about. If you can't man up and tough it out in the elements like real hunters, then you don't deserve my attention IMO. I swear one time I saw a small heater in one of those blinds. Yeah they're real hunters all right!

I'd like to see Bill Jordan(by the way idiot, its pronounced Jooordan not Jeerdan, you moron, look at the spelling) get a deer by hunting like we do in Pa, not shacked up in some cozy little hut with hot java and toasty footwarmers behind the camera. What a joke.
    a lot of guys spend some their time in heated box blinds... a WHOLE lot of them. its the new trend I guess
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Tioga County)

I really like it when they have a clean shot and they have to wait until the deer gets broadside to take it. Come on already if you're using a rifle of enough caliber you should be able to take a quartering shot and still get into the vitials. I know I have and all I use is a 30-06.

(Columbia County)

I will get this weekends archery/muzzleloader hunt on film. the problem is getting it hereon the site. Shouldnt we have a place just for this?? I'll sponser it with squirrel skin thongs, ladies love em!!
    ZRT: SECTOR 3(SNIPER) Among othe tasks...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    a lot of guys spend some their time in heated box blinds... a WHOLE lot of them. its the new trend I guess
    Well, there's one trend I won't be partaking in. If I wanna stay warm and cozy I just won't go hunting......

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    I really like it when they have a clean shot and they have to wait until the deer gets broadside to take it. Come on already if you're using a rifle of enough caliber you should be able to take a quartering shot and still get into the vitials. I know I have and all I use is a 30-06.
    That is another gripe i have with them, have you watched the monster bucks dvd???not only does the dipshit (jordan) wait for the most perfect broadside shot, but he will actually yell at the deer for it to raise its head up (the deer is standing STILL and completely BROADSIDE) just to make it a picture perfect shot...yeah right bill, try helling HEY! at a 3 1/2 yr old deer in pa and see what happens
    "Skin that'n pilgrim, and I'll git ya another"

(Monroe County)

Tred Barta and i are from the same place, Long Island New York, he's a funny Guy, quite an adventurer.

On Long Island every year i go Pheasant and woodcock hunting with my nice O/U shotgun but i never get any , but i have fun anyway , just to be out in nature, Watching the Birds, Squirels play around and sing, its fun.

Nyman

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast