Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Advice on an EDC .44 magnum

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    You guys with your 9s and 357s, for shame.
    What he really needs is a .454 Casull for edc. I'd suggest the Ruger Super Redhawk with the 9.5" bbl. for that 50 yd shot.
    .500 s&w…

go big or go home....or, to the chiropractor to get your self realigned after carrying that howitzer for any extended period of time.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Bucks County)

I think I've written about this experience with a .44mag before. Friend and I were out shooting. He had a .44 mag with a wooden grip he had made. Offered that I try it and I said sure! He secondarily mentioned the loads were his and they are "a little hot".

I squeezed one off, marveled at my having successfully managed the recoil, then became aware of a stinging sensation in my palm. Upon investigation, the wooden grips had become several smaller pieces, all going their own way. I handed it back, with a "you're crazy!". But then, I had suspected that all along.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

.500 s&w

go big or go home....or, to the chiropractor to get your self realigned after carrying that howitzer for any extended period of time.

This may be why homo sapiens invented the wheel.
    Legislating to prevent people's acts is fantasy

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Yes, but it is most likely going to be on my hip. Might get a shoulder holster for formal occasions, but 99.9% would be on my belt. Weight on my hip doesn't bother me overly much.
    44 mags are heavy on the hip and carry 6 rounds at best. My ruger 454 is not a edc based on weight and capacity.
    They call me "Simple Jack".

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345