Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Sunday Hunting...GRASSROOTS effort!!!

Hunters and Gun Rights Advocates. Please consider contacting your PA Senators and every other Senator in PA if you have the time. Ask them to support PA Senate Bill #147. This Senate Bill will remove the Prohibition on Sunday Hunting and strengthen trespassing laws. It is just one more way to get the Government OUT Of our Lives. It will also give residents and non-residents of PA more time to potentially hunt in the great state of PA. More hunters means more people using firearms and more people likely to support the Second Amendment.

Even if you are not a hunter this is good Legislation. Please help us to get this bill Passed. Call EVERYONE on this list.

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...y=S&sort=alpha

Thanks for your help!!!

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Sunday Hunting...GRASSROOTS effort!!!

https://www.pennlive.com/opinion/201...editorial.html

An informed editorial from the Harrisburg Patriot News. Trust me this is NOT a common occurrence.

Consider Reading.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAwhitetailbowhunter View Post
    https://www.pennlive.com/opinion/201...editorial.html

An informed editorial from the Harrisburg Patriot News. Trust me this is NOT a common occurrence.

Consider Reading.
    I just read it , thanks for the post !!

(Lehigh County)

I read the article and agree with most of it however I don't agree with the sentiment of restricting hunting to WMAs and private land on Sunday.

There are 2.2 million acres of state forests in Pennsylvania and approximately 1.3 million acres of WMAs. A regulation like this would cut the public land available for hunting down below 50% for one day per week. For myself and a good number of other hunters who only hunt state forrest land it would provide no additional opportunity to hunt.

(Dauphin County)

98Redline--

The major takeaway from this EDITORIAL is that the NON-HUNTING public is coming around to the idea of Sunday HUnting. This was written by the Editorial board of the Harrisburg Patriot News and this is NOT a conservative leaning newspaper. So just keep that in mind. I'm just glad the Editorial ran in the HArrisburg Paper.

As far as the "compromises" suggested by the Editorial Board...Senate Bill #147 does NOT establish ANY Sunday Hunting...That would ultimately be up to the PA GAME COMMISION who have publicly stated they support this bil and support Sunday Hunting. They would unlikely prevent Sunday Hunting on the major tracts of public hunting land you mention. In a Radio interview that Senator Laughlin did on WITF SMART TALK. The Senator explain that the bill does not establish hunting and that he is in favor of allowing SUnday Hunting on the same public lands that currently allow hunting MOnday-Saturday.

This editorial board who wrote the piece for their paper. Has no authority to tell the PA Game Commision where and when hunting can occur. They are only including that "compromise" in the writing to appease the "multi-Use" public land non-hunters. The bird watchers, hikers, dog walkers etc. who oppose Sunday Hunting using the irrational and misinformed argument that "Sundays are the only day of the week that they can get in the woods and not worry about being shot by a gun hunter." It is a stupid argument.

IF, IF, IF Senate Bill #147 passes, the PA Game Commision is NOT going to restrict Sunday Hunting from State Forests etc. But please help to get the Senate Bill #147 passed. Please call your District Senator.
    Last edited by PAwhitetailbowhunter; February 20th, 2019 at 08:57 PM.

(Franklin County)

Perhaps I missed it, but I thought I read that the Game Commission was going to allow hunters to hunt deer on one of the two Sundays during rifle deer season. Has this ever been approved for this year, and if so, has a determination been made as to which Sunday? Or is there a Fall meeting where this decision would be made?
    Last edited by Swamp Fox; September 25th, 2019 at 07:23 AM.
    Navy ⚓️ 1965–1969

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    Perhaps I missed it, but I thought I read that the Game Commission was going to allow hunters to hunt deer on one of the two Sundays during rifle deer season. Has this ever been approved for this year, and if so, has a determination been made as to which Sunday? Or is there a Fall meeting where this decision would be made?
    The PA Senate approved a bill allowing Game Commission to allow 3 Sunday hunting days but I did a little googling and didn’t find any specific dates announced yet.

(Franklin County)

Thank you.
    Navy ⚓️ 1965–1969

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Palerider View Post
    The PA Senate approved a bill allowing Game Commission to allow 3 Sunday hunting days but I did a little googling and didn’t find any specific dates announced yet.
    They best get on the stick !

(Franklin County)

I couldn’t even find anything about a Fall meeting if there is one scheduled. Guess it wouldn’t hurt to make a phone call if possible.
    Navy ⚓️ 1965–1969

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast