Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Virginia has fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    That's certainly part of it. Lazy Party, lazy candidates and no show voters. The Republican Party has abandoned Southeast PA. It just has. Incumbent candidates resigning is just one indicator. Where's the Republican money to combat the Soros and Bloomberg money?
    Aparrently, it all went into text messages on Election Day and the day before.

(Chester County)

Just as much as lazy voters are responsible for the Republicans losses is the way the Republican party screwed its supporters. The country elected Trump in a complete rejection of all that is politics and politicians. But the Republican party old guard ( as well as the Dems of course) refused to accept the peoples' will and attempted to thwart Trumps every move. Build the wall? Nope. Simplify taxes? Yep, by eliminating many of our deductions but nothing else. Remove and replace Obamacare? Nope. My family's medical coverage continues to skyrocket. Hearing Protection Act? Nope. Not a good time. 50 state reciprocity? Ugh, we're to scared to even force it to a vote so we can out the closet anti-gun politicians among us. Control immigration? Nope. Let's see how many really anti-American immigrants we can really jam in our cities.

If Hillary had won (God forbid) and had a Dem House, Senate, and majority of Governorships, like Trump had with his Republicans, she would have rammed through every liberal idiot's legislative wet dreams and would have given zero F's if the Republicans liked it. But our Republicans simply don't know how to lead from the front and fumbled the ball - possibly for our lifetimes.

So, voters didn't come out to give the Republican professional politicians a rousing thank you for their heroic service these past few years? I'm not surprised in the least. As others said, if Trump loses in 2020, all is lost and possibly forever, once the Dems get through with their agenda. At best, re-electing Trump will serve to delay things for 4 more years. But unless the Republican fat cats get their heads out of their asses and start to represent their constituents wishes, I don't see any sunshine on the horizon. PA will soon turn NJ, and we all will soon turn California, and the ultimate outcome remains to be seen.
    Last edited by sbmania; November 7th, 2019 at 12:43 PM.

Where's the Republican money to combat the Soros and Bloomberg money?
    Soros made the news yesterday for giving stoltmeyer money for his campaign. I wonder if that is legal.
    Im quite sure there was a lot of voter fraud too.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    I am not stirring up anything. I just believe that everyone’s vote, including ours should mean something. Imagine if you were in some organization that allowed someone else’s vote to count 3x for them while yours only counted once. The objective shouldnt be to squash those votes, it to try to get them to vote in ways that are closer to your values. I don’t like Gerrymandering either. Not when we do it, and especially when the Dems do it. I am an old school Republican. I believe in fair play and let the chips fall where they may. If the Dems win, its cause we aren’t doing enough to get our message out, or not enough people agreeing with the message. Cause I would bet both my testicals that if Trump had won the popular vote by 5 million, but lost the election, folks here would be going apeshit and talking about the “will of the people”. If we win, we win, we lose, we lose.......as long as the game was played fairly.
    The only election in which our individual votes are not counted individually is the presidential election. Every other election, Federal, State, and local, are popular votes. The reason has already been mentioned regarding the presidential election: People are not electing a President, people are directing the sovereign State in which they live to elect a President of the States. You want something different, change the Constitution, or move out of the U.S.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    The only election in which our individual votes are not counted individually is the presidential election. Every other election, Federal, State, and local, are popular votes. The reason has already been mentioned regarding the presidential election: People are not electing a President, people are directing the sovereign State in which they live to elect a President of the States. You want something different, change the Constitution, or move out of the U.S.
    Thank you. Getting rid of the Electoral College would guarantee one party Democrat rule and the mob rule of NY and CA population centers.

Thank you. Getting rid of the Electoral College would guarantee one party Democrat rule and the mob rule of NY and CA population centers.
    Hmmmmm. People keep saying it like this, but it ignores some realities. Consider:

In 2016, with the electoral college, NY awarded 29 votes to Hillary (100% of all available electors)
    In 2016, without the electoral college, NY would have awarded ~4.5m votes to Hillary (~60% of all votes) and ~2.9m to Trump (~35% of all votes)

In other words, today, with the electoral college, all NY votes go to the Democrat. Without it, 60% would go to the Democrat.

Yes, in a 2016 election with no EC, Hillary would have won. And, certainly, all recent divergence between popular and EC votes have favored the Republican candidate. But there's nothing saying it couldn't work the other way - just that it hasn't.

Also, consider that in NY, many Republican voters simply don't show up at the polls because they know their vote for President will be overridden by NYC. But if every Republican in NY knew that their vote would count, maybe we'd be seeing different results.

Suffice it to say, the situation is not nearly as cut-and-dry as many seem to think.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post
    Hmmmmm. People keep saying it like this, but it ignores some realities. Consider:

In 2016, with the electoral college, NY awarded 29 votes to Hillary (100% of all available electors)
    In 2016, without the electoral college, NY would have awarded ~4.5m votes to Hillary (~60% of all votes) and ~2.9m to Trump (~35% of all votes)

In other words, today, with the electoral college, all NY votes go to the Democrat. Without it, 60% would go to the Democrat.

Yes, in a 2016 election with no EC, Hillary would have won. And, certainly, all recent divergence between popular and EC votes have favored the Republican candidate. But there's nothing saying it couldn't work the other way - just that it hasn't.

Also, consider that in NY, many Republican voters simply don't show up at the polls because they know their vote for President will be overridden by NYC. But if every Republican in NY knew that their vote would count, maybe we'd be seeing different results.

Suffice it to say, the situation is not nearly as cut-and-dry as many seem to think.

And you're ignoring the history of the country. We are a collection of sovereign States that agree to allow certain limited powers to a central, Federal government because they are mutually beneficial. This happened because original settlers congregated with those of like minds in colonies (states) where they felt comfortable. If you didn't like what Roger Williams was pitching in Rhode Island, you could go give William Penn's place a shot.

If the EC goes away, States's rights won't be far behind, and that will lead to an even more powerful Federal government guided by mob rule.

(Carbon County)

Last edited by middlefinger; November 7th, 2019 at 03:11 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post

Thank you. Which was my point. If Republicans knew their votes would count too, maybe more would show up come Election Day.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Well I ain't going nowhere, neither is my opinion. So I guess I will send a sternly worded letter to my congressman to try and change the Constitution. Thanks for the help.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast